• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami_Sama

If they could use those signs at the pity wall showing the time, they could pass some instructions there like what they should press or is not allowed?

Zeknurn

It's a shame Kimi picked up that penalty because it would have been nice to see him on the podium. Especially if EJ is doing the interview.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Every time everbody anticipates crashs and safety cars nothing happens.

RoKKeR

Not sure why I've forced myself to watch this whole thing, so damn tired.

Yet here we are.

Perez podium is great. That's about it.

ooLFPiO.png

You know... shouldn't it be part of the job of the driver to at least know what all the buttons on the steering wheel do? I mean, sure, he doesn't need to be a master at it, but basic troubleshooting should be part of the complete driver package, shouldn't it?
My sim racing setup has grown and grown to the point where I have too many buttons. Last week I bought a label-maker and now there's no forgetting where the 'right tyres only and 20l of fuel' button is. Anyway, I'm done with the label-maker now, perhaps I should send it to Mercedes?

NHale

Sky saying Lewis race result was hampered by engine problems. No Crofty it was his mistake yesterday that fucked his race. You can't excuse a driver anymore than Sky does with Lewis and Jenson. Unbelievable.

What a boring race!
I was expecting at least a SC to spice it up but nothing ever happened.
Pirelli needs to nerf the tyres. Its like the Bridgestones all over again. One stop races everywhere.

Sky saying Lewis race result was hampered by engine problems. No Crofty it was his mistake yesterday that fucked his race. You can't excuse a driver anymore than Sky does with Lewis and Jenson. Unbelievable.

That's absolutely right, though. Without this problem 2nd place was easily doable. He was 5 seconds from VET with 25 laps to go.

NHale

What a boring race!
I was expecting at least a SC to spice it up but nothing ever happened.
Pirelli needs to nerf the tyres. Its like the Bridgestones all over again. One stop races everywhere.

We had that before but Red Bull whined, Silverstone happened when teams run with tyres under the minimum pressure and now we get this.

There is no way to win. But the multiple types of tyres available helped create different strategies.

Ted: "Just tell Lewis the engine mode Nikki!!!"

McNum

My sim racing setup has grown and grown to the point where I have too many buttons. Last week I bought a label-maker and now there's no forgetting where the 'right tyres only and 20l of fuel' button is. Anyway, I'm done with the label-maker now, perhaps I should send it to Mercedes?
I wonder if steering wheel UI is going to be something that will be developed on. That's actually a pretty crazy challenge. You need a glancable UI that can be used to control all the little details of an F1 car. Your user will be driving over 300 km/h while using it.

I mean, yes, training the user is part of it, and there may be rules against what you can show, but this should not be an unsolvable problem. And today kind of shows that in a race, it can actually matter.

ramparter

Banned
There was a point where his lead suddenly dropped quickly. It was 19 seconds or so and suddenly it was 14. Of course the commentators never noticed because they were bitching about Lewis.

Yup, but he quickly reacted so I though he was just controlling his pace. Maybe it was that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom