• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewDust

Allowed:
* Instructions to select driver defaults for the sole purpose of mitigating loss of function of a sensor, actuator or controller whose degradation or failure was not detected and handled by the on-board software. In according with Article 8.2.4, any new setting chosen in this way must not enhance the performance of the car beyond that prior to the loss of function+

Does this cover Nico?

Rosberg didn't lose function of sensor, actuator or controller and also wasn't told to use another setting. He was told how to cope with a gearbox issue. Ergo, I'm, this rule has nothing to do with the incident.

Business

Horrible show, from the SC start to the whole racing being pace management. Add the tarmac runoffs so not even mistakes are punished and you get something thats equally watchable on TV or a live timing app.

Ty4on

Rosberg didn't lose function of sensor, actuator or controller and also wasn't told to use another setting. He was told how to cope with a gearbox issue. Ergo, I'm, this rule has nothing to do with the incident.
Being stuck in a gear sounds like a loss of an actuator.

untitled-5rpj75.gif
0b9.gif

SilentRob

"Not a lot of booing, great british spirit!"

"OK, Rosberg..."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo.

".......oh you're up here? Fuck off ya cunt"

They already met at some point at the podium and joked around a lot. They seem to be completely fine these days.

mclem

lol Hamilton forgot Monza??

And just as he's saying there is almost no booing they boo the fuck out of Rosberg.. lol
I think he was trying to discourage them in advance, which was a noble intent. .. If unsuccessful.

Could have been a dig, mind. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

olore

Chandon must pay good money to have a camera for the good part of 5 minutes there.

Haha, he almost forgot where the next race is taking place

Theyre allowed to notify you about a critical issue, whether they can tell you how to fix it is another issue. Whether they can tell you how to deal with an issue is also another matter.

bee

well done lewis, helps that rosberg can't drive in the rain though i guess

just like to say thanks to all the haters in this thread, be it general f1 or just hamilton, always good for a laugh

Zeknurn

well done lewis, helps that rosberg can't drive in the rain though i guess

just like to say thanks to all the haters in this thread, be it general f1 or just hamilton, always good for a laugh

What haters? I haven't seen any haters in this thread for this race.

Theyre allowed to notify you about a critical issue, whether they can tell you how to fix it is another issue. Whether they can tell you how to deal with an issue is also another matter.

Even that's really questionable. Force India apparently asked the stewards last week if they could communicate something like "your brakes are going" and were told no. Their legal options were to tell Perez to retire or leave him in the dark.

If that's where they're coming from on the radio ban, I don't see any way Mercedes doesn't get penalized for this.

NewDust

That's why I said what I did... But with the current regulations and stewards, who knows how this will be explained.

John_B

Great performance by Verstappen. Spain was gifted from the heavens, but this was all him this weekend. It's hard to say he won't grow to be up there with the current best.

Worst performance by Vettel since his move to Ferrari.

Rosberg was smooth sailing not too long ago and now he is like a small boat in the storm catching wave after wave. This season will be soul destroying for one of the Mercedes drivers.

Even that's really questionable. Force India apparently asked the stewards last week if they could communicate something like "your brakes are going" and were told no. Their legal options were to tell Perez to retire or leave him in the dark.

If that's where they're coming from on the radio ban, I don't see any way Mercedes doesn't get penalized for this.

Exactly.

Not only that, but only this weekend the FIA have told teams that they from now will be getting even more STRICT with these rules.

If theyre being even more strict, then being lenient in this case will throw up a big "WTF?" from all the other teams.

Shirow

Banned
Hey I'm kinda new to the whole F1 thing but I've been missing races like today due to how early they are for me. I'm in Florida. Is there a way to watch the races later in the day?

Juicy Bob

I respect Lewis for what he said. Basically trying to subtly tell the fans "come on guys, we are British. We don't boo." To try and diffuse the crowd's reaction to Nico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom