• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

I saw that Hamilton was near the top of the speed trap and Rosberg was down in 14th I think, might explain the huge difference. Rosberg hopes so.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Only thing that can stop Mercedes is a technical issue. Or maybe crash in the first chicane

Maybe a wrong engine setting in one of the first corners might help the race tomorrow...

What are you trying to prove. I don't really know how you can define shambles? I mean what does that make all the other teams?

So whoever is second, third etc etc is always a shambles by definition they aren't on the front row? So when Ferrari dominated (for a longer period than Mercedes have) every other team was a shambles?

It's Ferrari. You simply expect better from them. They haven't won a championship in almost a decade. Their state of car development is nothing short of embarrassing. They are one of the best funded teams, hire and fire great people. And yet they can't seem to catch up since 2014. Not a single win this season yet.

It's absolutely embarrassing.

untitled-159xik.gif

untitled-27dozj.gif

Upinsmoke

It's Ferrari. You simply expect better from them. They haven't won a championship in almost a decade. Their state of car development is nothing short of embarrassing. They are one of the best funded teams, hire and fire great people. And yet they can't seem to catch up since 2014. Not a single win this season yet.

Of course they should be doing better but then so should all the other legendary manufacturers. Mclaren, Williams. Its not just exclusively Ferrari here.

These periods can happen in F1, I mean when Schumacher was driving for Ferrari the rival manufacturers actually wanted something to be actively done to slow them down, to even up the field. These events can happen, it's not the first time it's happened, when I was younger and they had Alesi and such, they wasn't winning. Like most sports isn't it. You have successful periods and then something changes and it takes a while for you to find that winning formula again.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
lol, why did Rosberg resign with Mercedes? He's got nothing for Hamilton on equal footing, ever.

Because with current performance of the car he's guaranteed a clear second in the championship and just needs some reliability issues with Hamilton to be gifted a WDC

olore

The swedish commentators mentioned that Schumachers - previously thought unbreakable - qualifying record is "only" 12 more P1´s away for Hamilton. Probably depends on if next years car will be as superior as this and previous seasons

It should be no surprise. They went from 1979 to 2000 without a driver's championship and 1983 to 1999 without a contrustors championship. So enigmatic it's unreal :)

Fox Mulder

Because with current performance of the car he's guaranteed a clear second in the championship and just needs some reliability issues with Hamilton to be gifted a WDC

They could have put one of their younger drivers in the seat for the same really.

Nico does his job, but still makes mistakes under direct pressure from Hamilton.

Ruruja

The swedish commentators mentioned that Schumachers - previously thought unbreakable - qualifying record is "only" 12 more P1´s away for Hamilton. Probably depends on if next years car will be as superior as this and previous seasons

His race wins will be the unbreakable one I think, insane amount.

Zeknurn

When it's all over, the Mercedes era is going to be looked as the worst era of domination in F1 history.

Unless the FIA does something, they got until 2020 when the new set of power unit regulations is supposed to come into effect.

Peter Windsor commentating on GP2 race!

A big upgrade over the other guy.

Getting a 2-year, $50m contract with the fastest team in the game is pretty hard to turn down.

Like, I understand this, but is it really worth being a pitied #2 with a multiple-time WDC champion in front of you, someone who makes more than twice what you do, and suffer countless humiliations on a regular basis? Just look at him in this press conference for his mindset. He's a smart enough man to know that literally any driver in the field could do what he does in that car. Gets paid, yeah, but the weight of being painfully average is always above him. He could get some actual kudos elsewhere, develop that team, repair his reputation, and try to forge a legacy as more than someone who was Hamilton's slave for years. Easily half a dozen other drivers in the field that fans feel have more talent and could do more in an instant were they in his seat.

You can call him the New Webber but Webber had his true moments of joy when he stood out on his own. He also grew to accept the situation and just tried to enjoy himself. Most importantly, he had deep fan respect and support that kept him going in rough times. Rosberg is a crowd villain, plus you can see that it just kills him inside to get owned continuously. Clearly not comfortable with his position. He's in line to have a F1 career that made him a lot of money, not make a name for himself in any real historical context, which is just pathetic.

Accepting money as a consolation for having your ego and very soul pounded on continuously is sorta pathetic.

hamchan

I think everyone can tell when Rosberg puts on his fake PR robot act and that makes everyone hate him. I do feel bad for him kinda.

Like, I understand this, but is it really worth being a pitied #2 with a multiple-time WDC champion in front of you, someone who makes more than twice what you do, and suffer countless humiliations on a regular basis? Just look at him in this press conference for his mindset. He's a smart enough man to know that literally any driver in the field could do what he does in that car. Gets paid, yeah, but the weight of being painfully average is always above him. He could get some actual kudos elsewhere, develop that team, repair his reputation, and try to forge a legacy as more than someone who was Hamilton's slave for years. Easily half a dozen other drivers in the field that fans feel have more talent and could do more in an instant were they in his seat.

You can call him the New Webber but Webber had his true moments of joy when he stood out on his own. He also grew to accept the situation and just tried to enjoy himself. Most importantly, he had deep fan respect and support that kept him going in rough times. Rosberg is a crowd villain, plus you can see that it just kills him inside to get owned continuously. Clearly not comfortable with his position. He's in line to have a F1 career that made him a lot of money, not make a name for himself in any real historical context, which is just pathetic.

Accepting money as a consolation for having your ego and very soul pounded on continuously is sorta pathetic.
So Rosberg is the new Eddie Irvine?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The GP2 cars are the same, so much closer racing.

F1 is a constructor's championship, not a driver's one :/

That would be ok. It distinguishes F1 from other series. But they really need to rethink development restrictions to make the development of cars more competitive. The engine development restrictions have probably single-handedly ruined competition for the titles over the last years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom