• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKB

Is Bernie really stepping down? I hope whoever replaces him will be more in touch with modern media. Hoping for online subscription for F1.

With Button and Massa retiring too, i guess this is truly the end of an era.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Nico Rosberg should have more respect than he does and it's a real shame he doesn't.

Yeah, he's a Mercedes driver during their dominant era. But how many times does he have to beat Lewis Hamilton - one of the greatest drivers in this sport's history - to get the respect that he deserves as a driver?

I think it's a shame.

How many times has he beaten him this year in a straight fight vs Hamilton having issues or cocking up the start?

Xando

Nico Rosberg should have more respect than he does and it's a real shame he doesn't.

Yeah, he's a Mercedes driver during their dominant era. But how many times does he have to beat Lewis Hamilton - one of the greatest drivers in this sport's history - to get the respect that he deserves as a driver?

I think it's a shame.
It was the same during the Vettel time. Vettel never really got the respect he deserved until he joined Ferrari

Folks gonna watch the MotoGP race in 30 minutes?

LOL

Ronnie O'SullivanVerified account
‏@ronnieo147
Rosenberg only beat Hamilton cause Merc slowed his car up off the start line. Rosenberg not in hamiltons league

I don't like maymay pictures but this one applies to you and Rosberg in this case.

1324596542030_7713053.png

Bitch doesn't eat crackers.

RoKKeR

What an intensely boring race. On top of that, we have Haas completely fucking up with the strategy call. The NBC commentators were completely bewildered by the call to put GRO on another pair of SS.

My roommate basically just said "why do you watch this sport" lmao

The Italian podium is fuckin' amazing though, wow.

I think it's a shame.

Define "beat".

You mean only have a sliver of a chance because he was gifted a 43 point lead due to problems with Lewis' car, which evaporated into a 19 point deficit, even while his team mate had to nurse his engines, which he was then again gifted down to a 9 point deficit because Lewis had to take a penalty beacause of the engine issues which gave him the 43 point deficit that he wasted anyway, got destroyed in quali but got lucky that Lewis had a poor start and now the gap is two points?

So basically, if we ignore the fact that Lewis would probably be about 50 points ahead of Nico if not for the engine blowups in china russia and wherever else he had issues, being demoted to the back of the grid twice, unable to finish qualifying multiple times, then yeah, Nicos performing pretty much on par with a three time world champ.

But he isnt.

Without Lewis' engine issues, Nico would be taking a points battering possibly even worse than last year.

And everybody knows that.

Without Lewis' engine issues, Nico would be taking a points battering possibly even worse than last year.

And everybody knows that.

Not to mention that it was all down to Mercedes sabotaging his car, so that Nico would be WDC this year. And yet Lewis fought it and went ahead anyway.

Ferrari: Forever third
It was a non event this race, Lewis cannot afford to keep fucking up like this. Now the gap is 2 points between ROS and HAM.
Both GP2 and GP3 races had more excitement hahaaaaa

Massa

How many times has he beaten him this year in a straight fight vs Hamilton having issues or cocking up the start?

That's completely irrelevant. Unless Rosberg himself sabotaged Hamilton's car he should get respect when he wins an F1 race. You don't have to like the guy or think he's the best driver in the world, just fucking applaud the winner of the race.

Is Bernie really stepping down? I hope whoever replaces him will be more in touch with modern media. Hoping for online subscription for F1.

With Button and Massa retiring too, i guess this is truly the end of an era.

he's technically a CVC employee so it's up to the new board to decide if he's to stay or not. The wise thing is to put him on a retainer as a board advisor and get the new person to shadow him

That's completely irrelevant. Unless Rosberg himself sabotaged Hamilton's car he should get respect when he wins an F1 race. You don't have to like the guy or think he's the best driver in the world, just fucking applaud the winner of the race.

It's 100% relevant if everyone watching knows the ONLY possible way for him to be in contention this year is if Lewis has car problems. You don't get respect from that.

It's 100% relevant when almost every race win this season for Ros has happened because Hams car did not allow him to challenge in one way or another. You don't get respect from that.

Put together with Ros' inability to even show good race craft against other cars, let alone his team mate in one on one battles, it just doesn't give people any reason to respect him as a driver.

Beating Hamilton in a one on one fight a good amount is how he will get respect.

In the same way that nobody would respect Hamilton the same if he got beat HANDILY by Alonso three years in a row, people aren't going to feel the same for Ros either.

Then there's his personality, stolen from a procedural PR script coding machine.

Mohonky

Hamilton fucking up his start is a straight fight. Start is part of the race, and Lewis is poor at it.

He didnt actually fuck up, its a problem with the Merc. Its has happen to Hamilton a number of times as well as Nico.

Merc know theres a problem there, they've practiced starting a number of times trying to fix it and finding their starts are inconsistent.

Its effecting both drivers and its not a driver fault, Merc have already stated it hasnt been a driver issue.

stryke

He didnt actually fuck up, its a problem with the Merc. Its has happen to Hamilton a number of times as well as Nico.

Merc know theres a problem there, they've practiced starting a number of times trying to fix it and finding their starts are inconsistent.

Its effecting both drivers and its not a driver fault, Merc have already stated it hasnt been a driver issue.

huh? Hamilton admitted it was his fault.

Elros

Well, this was a pretty boring race, nothing really notable happened except Hamilton's missed start. So I guess voters did not really have a "driver of the day", except for Rosberg's fans (there should be some, somewhere on Earth)

Aiii

So not worth it
In a big surprise, Rosberg won driver of the day. What happened to all the Brits and Verstappen fans?

You mean to say that all the times Lewis and Verstappen won driver of the day they actually deserved to win it?

Thanks for clarifying this Zeknurn, that's good information to know, we can table these dumb conspiracy theories of rigged votes.

Merc ALWAYS take the blame for their drivers fuck-ups.

Merc ALWAYS take the blame for their drivers fuck-ups.

Except when they don't. Like in Barcelona. Or Baku, Or Austria. Or the multitude of other fucks up the team didn't take the blame for in the past.

"60% of the time, it works every time."

It's not exactly a mystery that the mercs starts are all over the place this year.

Ham/Ros didn't wake up in 2016 and forget how to make a car go forwards off the line.

There is obviously an underlying issue with their clutch that makes it unreliable or unpredictable.

Alonso's radio laughter made him driver of the day.

Boring race to watch and i agree that if Lewis didn't have the issues he has had so far this season he would be stomping Nico on points.

I don't disrespect Nico but he is not in the same class as Lewis and some others. He struggles when under pressure

Aiii

So not worth it
Alejandro Agag, boss of Formula E, would allegedly be a big part of F1 management under Liberty Media.

Chase Carey, currently vice president of 21 Centure Fox would become chairman, this guy has the most magnificent moustache:

NHale

To anyone that still believed the fairytale that James Allison wasn't fired (aka the 2016 Ferrari scapegoat):

Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene believes his team is now on the right path to plot its return to the front of Formula 1, following its recent technical reshuffle.

The team's form came under the spotlight at the Italian Grand Prix, after Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne said the outfit had 'failed' in its targets for this season.

But despite its inability to win a race so far this campaign, Arrivabene believes that Marchionne has been appeased by a staffing reshuffle that came about as a result of the departure of technical director James Allison.

Speaking about Marchionne's message to Ferrari at Monza, Arrivabene said: "He said he can see some changes in the time he has been with us. He said the structure is solid.

"We have enough people in Ferrari to be able to work in the proper direction and I think he is not happy about the results of this season, but he also sees some changes and he wants to look forward to the future."

Although Allison's departure only happened recently, Arrivabene insists that a more horizontal structure to its technical departments is already reaping rewards judging by Ferrari's improved form on track.

"Of course we failed in achieving our target this year, but I think one month ago we took our action," he said in reference to the parting of ways with Allison.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...-a-bit-of-time-to-return-to-the-front-816055/

Accepting bets for when Arrivabene becomes the 2017 Ferrari scapegoat.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Alejandro Agag, boss of Formula E, would allegedly be a big part of F1 management under Liberty Media.

Chase Carey, currently vice president of 21 Centure Fox would become chairman, this guy has the most magnificent moustache:

Looks like chubby Jon Stewart in fake disguise.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Accepting bets for when Arrivabene becomes the 2017 Ferrari scapegoat.

If they won't sack him at the end of this season I predict that he won't make it to fifth race of 2017 season, unless mother Mary shows to their development team / RBR and Merc screw it big time

Moozo

If they won't sack him at the end of this season I predict that he won't make it to fifth race of 2017 season, unless mother Mary shows to their development team / RBR and Merc screw it big time

I mean, I don't know what they're expecting. It's like when football teams repeatedly sack managers and think it will improve things long term when there's clearly underlying issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom