• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link me up.

I don't have an article, but on the 5 Live F1 podcast, they interviewed Hamilton and he said he didn't know what was wrong and that he'd have to talk to the engineers

qacobu.gif

edit ^ oh beaten by Trump and dickbutt

I love this guy (obviously)

NHale

I give Arrivabene to Leave badly by the end of the 2017 season if Ferrari are still struggling for 3rd place spots on the podium

If Ferrari is struggling to win early next year he's gone before June which considering the "We are already working on the 2018 car" will most likely happen unless someone at Ferrari brings their kid to work to redesign the 2017 car.

The "we are already working at 2018" reminds me a lot of the James Allison 2014 Hockenheim comments about showing Alonso/Kimi "the 2015/2016 car plans" as a way to convince them they had a plan to success. It's always the same cycle at Ferrari. Scapegoats, windtunnels, changing processes at factory, changing the managing structure, etc, so in reality we are 8 months away from Sebastian Vettel starting the wheels of rumors about leaving Ferrari.

Oh look; F1 cars are slowly going back to 1990 style design when it peaked.

Miss those humongous tires. Now get rid of driving aids and stick a manual gearboxes.

God I miss watching the cockpit videos of Senna and Prost shifting gears.

dubc35

Miss those humongous tires. Now get rid of driving aids and stick a manual gearboxes.

TCS and ABS are gone, what other aids (besides DRS)?

I'd love a proper manual back in the highest levels of motorpsort! (F1 & WRC mostly)

hadareud

The Translator

While I love those videos too, it would be mental to bring back manual gearboxes.

Formula 1 shouldn't be about retro racing, the opposite. It's nice to be nostalgic, but F1 is there to push technology to its maximum and to be innovative. Semi-automatic gearboxes and flappy paddle gear shift comes from F1 and made its way into consumer cars eventually, like many other things that were pioneered in F1.

Most of the things we're nostalgic about were great because of the period. They would make no sense today.

Par Score

While I love those videos too, it would be mental to bring back manual gearboxes.

Formula 1 shouldn't be about retro racing, the opposite. It's nice to be nostalgic, but F1 is there to push technology to its maximum and to be innovative. Semi-automatic gearboxes and flappy paddle gear shift comes from F1 and made its way into consumer cars eventually, like many other things that were pioneered in F1.

Most of the things we're nostalgic about were great because of the period. They would make no sense today.

Yep, F1 should always be about pushing forwards, not looking backwards.

Fuck sticks and paddles, bring on the direct neural interfaces.

Most likely yes.

I think i've come around to the look of the fat tyres.

Lol they should keep it 8 tires and just say fuck it to all the wings. Throw the sprinklers on track too

Confirmed: Liberty Media is purchasing Formula 1 for $4.4 billion.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/07/liberty-media-to-purchase-formula-1.html
Chase Carey, executive vice president of 21st Century Fox, will be appointed chairman of Formula 1. Bernie Ecclestone, the current CEO of the racing group, will remain in his position.

Meh

Is this good news or not? I just want the on track action to be good again :(

The fact it's a media company and not a CVC-type company is good news.

But we don't know the intentions of Liberty Media.

They're too US focused, so what does that mean for European transmissions?

Jibbed

Look at the way NASCAR is presented, it'll end up swinging that way.

chadskin

Liberty Media owns Eurosport through Discovery, so perhaps F1 will end up on Eurosport 2 eventually?

Liberty Media own a number of cable companies in Europe. In fact I believe they are the biggest (non satellite) media broadcast company in Europe. A continent in which they're making a big push. I wouldn't worry about them being too U.S centric.

Liberty Media owns Eurosport through Discovery, so perhaps F1 will end up on Eurosport 2 eventually?

Doh, completely forgot about that.

Well F1 is on Eurosport Xtra in Portugal as a premium channel, maybe that's their model for the rest of Europe (in the long term).

Either way, I'm pretty meh about the change.

Line_HTX

I cannot for the life of me wake up early enough to watch all these European races...

=/

Sup guys, how's it go-

Confirmed: Liberty Media is purchasing Formula 1 for $4.4 billion.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/07/liberty-media-to-purchase-formula-1.html
Chase Carey, executive vice president of 21st Century Fox, will be appointed chairman of Formula 1. Bernie Ecclestone, the current CEO of the racing group, will remain in his position.

Meh

Oh, come on. Why does Bernie get to stay like nothing happened? I hope there's changes to make F1 more competitive again next year.

Hope they finally get serious about online streaming, that is my only wish.

I want this too. I want a consistent, viable HD stream so I don't have to crawl out of my room to a TV at 7 AM for the 1st half of the Grand Prix's in Europe.

Chris R

I cannot for the life of me wake up early enough to watch all these European races...

=/

Sup guys, how's it go-

Oh, come on. Why does Bernie get to stay like nothing happened? I hope there's changes to make F1 more competitive again next year.

I haven't woken up for a single Euro race this season either :( 4 AM was no problem back when I was in College, but now that I'm an old fart I'd rather just catch the race on my DVR when I wake up at around 6:30 or 7.

Line_HTX

I haven't woken up for a single Euro race this season either :( 4 AM was no problem back when I was in College, but now that I'm an old fart I'd rather just catch the race on my DVR when I wake up at around 6:30 or 7.

I can't even bring myself to watch all of the races I record. I just watch the Pre-Race show and just move on to the next one. Damn Ferrari and all of their problems in the 1st half. It's always one thing after another that prevented them from making things interesting.

Fox Mulder

Hope they finally get serious about online streaming, that is my only wish.

The pay tv contracts are still big though, Formula E and WEC have great streaming options, whoch are even locked in some countries, but would have the same kinds of f1 deals if they could.

US coverage is shit, even with NASCAR. I don't like taking breaks every 10 minutes in a sport that doesn't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom