• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

wN69oBv.jpg

Look what the lady snagged me!

Not a ferrari fan, But still an F1 fan.

Well, with the creasing on the corners, that is indeed a shit box.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's actually a pretty damn good F1 commercial.

Not the greatest beer commercial, especially because it shows Red Bull logo's for 20 seconds, but for F1, that's damn good.

legbone

Look what the lady snagged me!

Not a ferrari fan, But still an F1 fan.

Never smelled the red before but the ferrari cologne (technically eau de toilette) in the white box called "light essence bright" is amazing. so clean and fresh smelling. I would love to know what the red and black smell like. Please give us an idea what the red smells like.

legbone

Sky does great coverage though. I quite like them compared to the low budget shit we get in the US.

Man, I love Leigh Diffey, Steve Matchett and David Hobbs on NBCSN. Especially Hobbs. Matter of taste I guess (and mine has been called into question plenty of times).

tomtom94

If the problem with Sky is them gating off content and demanding to be paid for it (and thus making it difficult for new viewers to join the sport), Amazon might actually be worse in that regard.

Greenymac

Never smelled the red before but the ferrari cologne (technically eau de toilette) in the white box called "light essence bright" is amazing. so clean and fresh smelling. I would love to know what the red and black smell like. Please give us an idea what the red smells like.

Ill say that its not very subtle! Bold without being too pungent. I'll report back when I actually wear it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Unconfirmed rumors say that Liberty Media is already fighting with Bernie and there's a good chance Bernie will be gone after Abu Dhabi.

Also, Liberty Media wants to end the Ferrari bonus, much to their unhappiness.

I'm liking Liberty Media more and more.

Kuros

Unconfirmed rumors say that Liberty Media is already fighting with Bernie and there's a good chance Bernie will be gone after Abu Dhabi.

/wishlist

Please make it so.

Ooh doggie! Ah yes the controversial ferrari bonus, i'd wager if the new management want to go for that Ferrari "historical" bonus Ferrari will threaten to leave, only to later on backpedal, like other disgruntled teams like RBR

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Roughly the difference between last years RBR and this years, minus the increased bhp from Renault.

According to AMuS article, only Mercedes and RBR are using this suspension system on the front. But RBR use less defined and more crude system. The trick is in the rules or more like exploiting another loophole in the rules, which defines where chassis begin on the car.

This suspension system is still developing and this could explain RBR form rise and Mercedes crushing form from Baku onwards. Apparently one of the engineers moved to RBR from Mercedes before this season with knowledge of this system. And Mclaren wanted to poach one of the main suspension engineers...

Also, system cannot be banned for 2017 and even after that only with agreement of all teams. I can hear laughter from Mercedes and RBR garages.

Fox Mulder

good. There should be an even split between all teams. The Ferraris and Redbulls will still be able to pump in their own money and get higher profile sponsors.

Line_HTX

Please let this be confirmed true. Fuck Bernie.

good. There should be an even split between all teams. The Ferraris and Redbulls will still be able to pump in their own money and get higher profile sponsors.

Not sure I agree with an even split, success should be rewarded. There should be a basic payment that is the same for all teams, with bonuses on top for winning.

The basic payment should be enough to run a team at say a Force India level (and every penny should be required to be spent on the team).

Aiii

So not worth it
If 10 teams get those 130 million, and you add win bonuses on top of that, that puts the FOM expenses to the teams at about double of the (just under) 1 billion it spends on price money now, though.

I don't think you need to go that far, teams have their own income, after all. If you give them a nice baseline of about 80 million per team (which is the entire 2015 Manor budget, FYI) and use the remaining 200 million as price bonuses, that should mean only the top 4 teams will actually lose money compared to the current situation, maybe the top 5 depending on how Williams performs (they got 111m in 2015).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom