• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, we all know that Lewis let Nico win this one anyway. Since it was Nico's 200th GP, Lewis wanted to give him a present.

We all know this to be true.

Line_HTX

2dGRg.jpg

I would love to see Yipes do commentary on NBCSN, LMAO

spuckthew

Marc's brake issues seemed like non-issues in the end. I mean, the guys in the wall obviously know what's what, but my gut tells me Hamilton could have afforded to save less and challenge for second at least.

Line_HTX

At least this outcome made the WDC fight more interesting. That's more important to me than Ricciardo winning.

Despite the predictable result, this race was not a disappointment once again. I'm glad the Top 3 gap was closer than expected and made it really interesting.

I finally fucking woke up early for once. Maybe I just love the look of Singapore more than the EU circuits, lol

Ty4on

Despite the predictable result, this race was not a disappointment once again. I'm glad the Top 3 gap was closer than expected and made it really interesting.

I finally fucking woke up early for once. Maybe I just love the look of Singapore more than the EU circuits, lol

Do you have anything against endless forests?

malyce

As a Hamilton fan.. I don't get the Rosberg hate after he drove a brilliant race. I mean sure he has his slumps at times, but he drove a great race.

The real gut kicker here is that Ric does not have a competitive car. The kid is a monster, and if Renault can get their shit together next year, with Newey having much more interest in next year's car, we could have a 4 way fight on our hands next year.

As for the rest of the season:

Malaysia: Lewis
Suzuka: Lewis
US: Lewis
Mexico: Nico
Brazil Nico
Abu: Lewis

hamchan

Goddamn it Rosberg, just hype the championship instead of doing the "oh i'm not focused on points right now, oh thanks *name of place*".

Zeknurn

Two observations and solutions:

No nagging about track limits - Put barriers around every track instead of runoff.
Vettel going through the field was exciting - Reverse grids for next season.

You know where to contact me Chase Carey.

Chuck

Still without luck
Just 4 wins and 4 double merc retirements and the third place driver is tied for first in the championship.

:( fuck this season.

Interesting race, great atmosphere.

The main observation is; only world champions have won this race, multiple times.
Is Nico next? He regains the lead, by merit.

My only dream
(after Hamilton winning a 4th championship)
is to get Vettel and Hamilton in the same team. I need to see these guys racing on 100% equal grounds.

Line_HTX

I must say, this was the most fun race weekend I've seen in months. Really enjoyed last night's 6 Hours of COTA for Lone Star Le Mans followed by this morning's Singapore GP. Couldn't ask for any better combination.

NHale

Did Nico started to cry when the Sky Sports journalist said that it was Mercedes that triggered the strategy that almost cost him the race?

Zaru

Pretty crazy that Rosberg easily won the race and Hamilton would've finished 4th if not for the Ferrari factor.

Considering where Seb ended up after starting from last, I'm sure he would have been ahead of Hamilton too under less unusual conditions.

Though, this 1-3 is the Mercedes result after having technical issues for most of the race (brake overheating). Frightening.

Rupert Murdoch has thrown some crumbs from the table and allowed me to view the race on Channel 4 peasant viewing. An incredibly dull race made mildly entertaining by Ricciardo's chasing of Rosberg. Really, the races need to be at least 5 laps longer. I can't rmemeber how many times we get someone catching the leader at the end, only to not have enough laps left.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rupert Murdoch has thrown some crumbs from the table and allowed me to view the race on Channel 4 peasant viewing. An incredibly dull race made mildly entertaining by Ricciardo's chasing of Rosberg. Really, the races need to be at least 5 laps longer. I can't rmemeber how many times we get someone catching the leader at the end, only to not have enough laps left.

Tires wouldn't last five more laps and the chasing driver would just slow down. Also, the lead car knows the gap and slows down to conserve his engine enough to keep ahead.

Tires, dumb engine rules and Merc dominance will be shit no matter how many laps you add or subtract.

RoKKeR

Decent race, too long though. Of course I wish there were a few extra laps at the end there so RIC could catch ROS, but oh well. ROS had a dominating weekend, think he deserved the win. Ferrari fucking up again... is anybody surprised at this point?

Hopefully the championship fight will continue to be interesting.*

Shaneus

Jesus, Renault better have a competitive PU next year, Merc must be shitting themselves.

Danny really does deserve a win this year, after having Monaco taken away from him. At least he is somehow able to keep his spirits higher than the two Merc drivers. Maybe that's how you act when you have no chance of winning WDC, just don't give a fuck.

Kind of regretting going to sleep halfway through the race, just too fucking tired :/ Looks like Max still has a long way to go too, loved Kvyat sticking it to him early on! Great fight.

Business

That isn't a sound idea. Adding or substracting laps would only make the difference you suggest if the final number was unknown until the last few laps, otherwise teams will obviously adjust strategies and you'll get the same results.

In general I thought it was a great race, hats off to Rosberg, spectacular and flawless weekend. Ricciardo, Alonso, Kvyat and even Magnussen and Vettel, great performances today. Ferrari should be ashamed, that was Kimi's podium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom