• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami_Sama

At least Ricciardo won. I personally don't sympathize with Verstappen and another win for him will even worse things up.

Rosberg did a great race and was very very lucky. Now if he manages to be second in all remaining races he will be the champion.

And Alonso did another great race.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
lmao, Hamilton fuelling the conspiracy theories. "Only my engines blow up. Something does not feel right."

At least Rosberg didn't win. Is it possible for them to fire all of Hamilton's mechanics? Cause it seems like he's got the worst fucking mechanics. It's like he got the McLaren rejects from his 2012 season.

Tubie

untitled-19ssr1.gif

Danny is pure charisma.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
"Next year will be arse"

They start really well and only way to go is backwards.
Usual suspects are : windtunnel calibration / lack of testing / rule changes
After that they fire some competent people (to save incompetent ones) and development switches to the next season

Rinse & repeat

At least Ricciardo won. I personally don't sympathize with Verstappen and another win for him will even worse things up.

Rosberg did a great race and was very very lucky. Now if he manages to be second in all remaining races he will be the champion.

And Alonso did another great race.

Not difficult. He's used to coming second.

Hamilton on Sky.

"8 Mercedes cars and my engine is the only one that keeps blowing up. Something is not right."

Asked if it's about bad luck.

"Something's not right"

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It is quite insane that other teams (or better said team) can only win if both Mercedes cars either DNF or get caught in some racing incidents
Hamilton on Sky.

"8 Mercedes cars and my engine is the only one that keeps blowing up. Something is not right."

Asked if it's about bad luck.

"Something's not right"

Where can I bet that Nico's engine will suddenly blow up on the next race?

Timbuktu

At least Rosberg didn't win. Is it possible for them to fire all of Hamilton's mechanics? Cause it seems like he's got the worst fucking mechanics. It's like he got the McLaren rejects from his 2012 season.

They can't do much with what happens inside the engine though? It's not that hard to understand how he feels though.

Surely Hamilton may as well take the expected upgrade spec at Suzuka now and try and go toe-to-to with Nico?

If the spec is faster, ofc.

SilentRob

Lewis citing foul play at Mercedes. Anyone agree?

No, of course not because it's almost offensive in its stupidity. I can excuse Hamilton for going that route because he is incredibly emotional but anyone else has to be a completely blinded fanboy to go for the conspiracy route of a team sabotaging itself just for the thrill of it.

EDIT: And now we're going for his garage mechanics? Because...they build the engines? What?

yami4ct

Lewis citing foul play at Mercedes. Anyone agree?

I mean, there's obvious reasons to have some suspicions, but right now there's no real evidence or kind of motive even. Is there any evidence that higher ups in the team like Rosberg more than Hamilton? Enough to want to rig a season? That's a serious allegation to put out there with zero evidence beyond a string of incidents that very easily could be bad luck.

There's also the possibility that Lewis is somehow harder on the engines with his style than Nico and that's making them more prone to failure. Without access to the data, we have really no real way of knowing. I'm not sure there's a reason to believe that's the case, but it's just as plausible if not more than the foul play theory.

I love Danny so much. His personality is so refreshing. Hes just outstanding.

So glad at least something great came out of this race!

I hope Danny drinks out of Webber's shoe. Or gets Max and Nico to do shoeys with him, haha.

Shaneus

Great result for F1, but it is kind of bullshit that a car can fall back to last at the start of the race and still make it onto the podium. Ugh.

But go Danny! "I need a drink" lol

It's tough enough being a spectator in Malaysia (I was there for 2014) - the sweatiest I've ever been in my life. Can't imagine how it feels to be on the track, plus the suit, for that long.

This should be a really fun podium!

CrayToes

So happy for Danny. Thoroughly deserved win. Sucks that a mediocre driver is going to win the championship due to engine failures though. Hamilton can fuck right off all his "somethings not right" shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom