• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuckthew

Someone already changed the lap record for the circuit on Wikipedia, but I'm pretty sure technically lap records are only official if made during a race.

The streaming gods were not smiling today. My primary has turned into a pop-up cluster fuck. My secondary was simply broken. I turned to Reddit and found a stream that lasted the until Q2, at which point the streamer's account was deleted. I then VPNed Channel4, only to discover that they seem to have wised up since the Australia GP and implemented stricter region checks.

In the end, I just F5ed GAF for the final 15 minutes.

John_B

Great lap from Hamilton. Very impressive considering the pressure and the amount of time he had to find.

Rosberg has looked a bit quicker in general this weekend and the Ferraris are pretty close so the race will be interesting.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Someone already changed the lap record for the circuit on Wikipedia, but I'm pretty sure technically lap records are only official if made during a race.

That's nothing. I was leaving Silverstone in 2014 and they had already updated Hamilton's winning years on the totem at the entrance.

markao

What more can Vandoorne do to prove he belongs in F1?
Brits love Jenson and Ron just called Fernando the fastest driver on the grid (lol).

so, leave McLaren?

Tire rules need to change, drivers not going out in Q2 because they do not want to finish 8th sucks. :(

Great lap from Hamilton. Very impressive considering the pressure and the amount of time he had to find.

Rosberg has looked a bit quicker in general this weekend and the Ferraris are pretty close so the race will be interesting.

Apparently, Lewis is more set up for the race, which is why he has struggled to put together flying laps.

Mastah

CfDiJMHW4AAq3q3.jpg:large

LOL

andshrew

It will never happen but a Hamilton disqualification would certainly make race far more interesting.

Ham driving from the back to 2nd place isn't really that interesting. The two Ferrari's jumping the Merc's at the start, or a repeat of Bahrain 2014 fight between the two Mercs would be a far more interesting prospect. So hopefully no penalty... but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's excluded from qualifying.

Zeknurn

2012 Spain disagrees...

That's from before the constructors took control of F1. I bet Mercedes will get the punishment down to a reprimand or some pointless fine.

Ham driving from the back to 2nd place isn't really that interesting. The two Ferrari's jumping the Merc's at the start, or a repeat of Bahrain 2014 fight between the two Mercs would be a far more interesting prospect. So hopefully no penalty... but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's excluded from qualifying.

With Hamilton out of position we go from one and a half potential winners to 3.

tomtom94

I doubt it, since he didn't gain a competitive advantage from it, but stranger things have happened.

Mastah

Chris Medland ‏@ChrisMedlandF1 2m2 minutes ago

Hamilton in the clear - reprimand only

A reprimand has been imposed on the driver due to the fact no clear instruction was given to (Ham) on where he should park the car after Q.

John_B

It would have been okay to reverse if the session had ended?

It will be a good fight for the podium tomorrow. It looks like the top four are all on the exact same tire strategy though.

Mastah

Improvement since last year:

Manor - 5.9s
Mercedes - 3.1s
McLaren - 3.1s
Ferrari - 3.0s
Red Bull - 3.0s
Force India - 2.8s
Toro Rosso - 2.7s
Williams - 2.5s
Sauber - 1.9s
Renault - 0.9s

Kuros

Improvement since last year:

Manor - 5.9s
Mercedes - 3.1s
McLaren - 3.1s
Ferrari - 3.0s
Red Bull - 3.0s
Force India - 2.8s
Toro Rosso - 2.7s
Williams - 2.5s
Sauber - 1.9s
Renault - 0.9s

And that there is McLaren's problem. They needed for 4-5 seconds improvement.

Zeknurn

Anyone watching qualifying? Group 3 is coming up.

Group 1
--------
O. Turvey
R. Frinjs
S. Bird
J. D'Ambrosio
S. Buemi

Group 2
--------
S. De Silvestro
L. Duval
S. Sarrazin
N. Prost

Group 3
--------
N. Piquet Jr
D. Abt
J-E. Vergne
S. Duran

Group 4
--------
AF. Da Costa
N. Heidfeld
B. Senna
L. Di Grassi
M. Conway

Mastah

I would, but YT is geo-blocked, I can't find any working stream and our Polish Eurosport prefers to show ice skating and curling. Oh well, race it is.

John_B

The cars do look quick this season. Manor also finally looks respectable.

Continued PU development, Pirelli performance tires, big increase in downforce levels with next years regulations. The cars will be absolutely monsters in a few seasons.

Mastah

"I think P9 is the best position we could be right now," said Grosjean. "We could have had a go and try again to go into Q3 but there was not point, and I just sat there and I was actually hoping that someone would overtake me to move to P9.

"It's a bit strange but it's the way it is with the new tyres.

"The higher you are on the grid, the better, but in between seventh and 12th that's probably the best place to be.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/grosjean-admits-he-was-cheering-for-hulkenberg-in-q2-684129/

Formula 1 in 2016.

Zeknurn

No problem, region locks are dumb.

No Buemi or Abt in the Super Pole Shootout is an upset. We're in for hell of a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom