• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuckthew

Skipped quali – was it the same shit show from Australia?

Eh. Hamilton made it exciting. He fucked up his first Q3 lap and only placed fourth, with Rosberg on provisional pole. Naturally Hamilton's error meant he (and the others) went out again. Hamilton did a literal perfect lap and got pole while simultaneously breaking the lap record.

Zeknurn

Five different teams in top five and the pole sitter is in a car with last years drive train. Yup, Formula 1 wishes it had a tiny bit of the unpredictability of Formula E.

Mastah

Dany isn't happy bunny:

"Just missing speed, I don't know, it's never been so... so strange in my career, to be honest - to be so happy with the car for the whole weekend, and suddenly comes qualifying and we are nowhere. It's a bit embarrassing even, to be honest.

"I don't feel like one second off is where I am as a driver compared to Daniel, so it's very, very, extremely frustrating at the moment.

"I didn't want this kind of start to the season again. I really didn't want this and it's happening all over again. We were in such a good place last year at the end of the season and now it's just embarrassing how bad it looks."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvyat-at-a-loss-over-embarrassing-lack-of-speed-684144/

Goldrusher

McLaren happy with Stoffel...

Button:
"Stoffel did a good job today, and I didn’t do such a good job. He’s very competitive, he’s quick, he’s won here before, and I think he’s proven how good he is around a place like this. We knew how quick he could be – especially over one lap. He’s been a big part of this team for the past couple of years, and as I say he did a really good job."

Boullier:
“Undoubtedly Stoffel’s qualifying performance on his first ever grand prix Saturday was pretty special."

“We already knew he was quick – he’s shown that countless times in World Series by Renault 3.5, in GP2 and indeed in testing for McLaren – but what has been so particularly commendable these past two days has been his studious dedication to the complex procedural endeavour that constitutes getting the very best out of today’s state-of-the-art Formula 1 cars. He didn’t put a foot wrong. Chapeau!"

“I also want to say ‘well done’ to the team, who have prepared him so well for his grand prix debut weekend, and who made sure that he was able to slide into Fernando’s car so seamlessly here at such short notice."

Hasegawa:
"Stoffel drove brilliantly in his first ever Formula 1 qualifying. This weekend was also his first time in the MP4-31, and he should be really proud of his achievement, ending the session in P12."

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2016/bahrain-grand-prix/2016-bahrain-grand-prix-qualifying

Line_HTX

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial 33m33 minutes ago

Good night! Strange race watching from the pits, but I will try to learn how the team works from this side and benefit next time in the car!

Silver lining I guess.

tomtom94

Just realised that the FE subreddit doesn't take into account British Summer Time when they put up race times... sorry, I think I'm just too tired to watch this live.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I really hate our national anthem. It never sounds good.
American one, if you are watching the Formula E stream

Zeknurn

That was a bit optimistic by Piquet.

Man, look at how close the cars are for such a long time. Something like that would be great to see in F1.

And the amount of sliding. You can see the drivers fighting to control the cars unlike in F1 where they go on rails.

Finally got this NBC Sports Live Extra thing sorted out.
Testing it with the replay of the Bahrain qualifier.
Any way to natively stream this to Chromecast or will I have to just sling the Chrome tab to it?
The app video doesn't seem to be cast compatible.

Formula e was competing with Formula 1 as the most boring single seater category yesterday.

But the future is looking a little brighter in F1 with Stoffel and Pascal doing the business. The race is all about them for me, so I hope they don't go out early.

Eh. Hamilton made it exciting. He fucked up his first Q3 lap and only placed fourth, with Rosberg on provisional pole. Naturally Hamilton's error meant he (and the others) went out again. Hamilton did a literal perfect lap and got pole while simultaneously breaking the lap record.

Wasn't quite perfect IMO. He didn't quite apex the penultimate corner, but he wasn't far off.

DieH@rd

Banned
Formula e was competing with Formula 1 as the most boring single seater category yesterday.

But the future is looking a little brighter in F1 with Stoffel and Pascal doing the business. The race is all about them for me, so I hope they don't go out early.

Don't forget Rio. The true winner of AusGP driver of the race competition. :)

Zaru

I'll have to resort to cheering on the newcomers, unless Ferrari puts the good fight to Merc for some reason.
Wasn't quite perfect IMO. He didn't quite apex the penultimate corner, but he wasn't far off.
Still, it's rare to see someone so exhilarated over a lap. He knew how good it was when he finished it, you could basically feel the rush Hamilton had through the team radio

Still, it's rare to see someone so exhilarated over a lap. He knew how good it was when he finished it, you could basically feel the rush Hamilton had through the team radio

Indeed. He might not do another lap like it in his career. The last one I saw from him that was so good was a few years ago in Canada. Might have been the race where he had to push his car back to the pits after setting the lap in Q3.

Zeknurn

CfGjBdFWEAAx-cc.jpg

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial 33m33 minutes ago

Good night! Strange race watching from the pits, but I will try to learn how the team works from this side and benefit next time in the car!

Silver lining I guess.
I'm worried about my man Fernando. That accident the other week was the sort of thing we saw from Mercedes era Schumacher. Hopefully, Alonso hasn't lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom