• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The best part is that Nico was still in the 'safe mode' when he set the fastest lap. On 31 laps old soft tyres, which was 0.700 faster than lap of Felipe Massa on 6 lap old Supersofts.

Fox Mulder

The more Merc actually denies the rumours, the more I'm beginning to think there maybe some merit to them.....

I just think they dont know how to shrug it off. Of course it's stupid conspiracy shit, why even acknowledge it.

They've completely destroyed the field and have no challengers. All people can do is try to stir up some nico vs lewis shit or say Mercedes is favoring someone.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Really good start from Alonso.

EDIT: Despite being stared at by a Max Verstappen standee at the supermarket today, an immediate swap would punish Kvyat a bit too harshly I think.

EDIT2: Looks like his old car is in one of the Breda supermarkets..

ChnJ_MVUoAAZHwX.jpg

That's crazy, an 18 year old in a top F1 team already.
I think they should let him stay at TR this year as he is doing great in the car he is accustomed to instead of throwing him for the lions .

tomtom94

You'd have thought the respective talents of Kvyat and Ricciardo would tell you what happens when you put a very young driver in a Red Bull before they've gotten properly used to F1.

...stranger things have happened, mind

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
That's crazy, an 18 year old in a top F1 team already.

The guy is good, no doubt, but this opportunity at this point in time is more on Kvyat being a consistent disappointment than on Verstappen.

Chuck

Still without luck
Hope it happens. As overrated as I think Verstappen is, I'm just really tired of Kvyat fucking over Danny.

Aiii

So not worth it
That is a commercial contract between Ford and Schumacher for advertising, not for his drive, far as I can tell.

Fox Mulder

The guy is good, no doubt, but this opportunity at this point in time is more on Kvyat being a consistent disappointment than on Verstappen.

I feel bad for kvyat really, must be crazy pressure and he even beat Riccardo on points last year. Not much Redbull can do though really.

Hope it works out for Verstappen and he's not chewed up and spit out as a failure by his 22nd birthday.

Massa

It would be disgraceful if they demoted Kvyat for that.

For all the complaining about Mercedes in the last few pages, it says something when the worse thing about them is annoying post-race interviews. Don't miss the days of RBR at the top in the slightest, I think they're the worst team in F1.

Shaneus

RBR basically pulled a McLaren and panicked when Vettel left in hiring Kvyat (from when McL bagged Perez). Almost think they would've been better getting someone a little more experienced IMO. Hell, even Vergne or possibly di Resta could've been better options, even in the shorter term.

Hoping that teams learn now that trying to get youth in as quickly as possible always doesn't work out. Even at this stage of his career, Ricciardo was still in STR.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I feel bad for kvyat really, must be crazy pressure and he even beat Riccardo on points last year. Not much Redbull can do though really.

The 2015 point difference did not really reflect the performance on track. Ricciardo was clearly the better driver. Nevertheless, it's probably too much to ask much more than that from such a young driver. Kvyat was not overly consistent and had more luck than Ricciardo, but his raw speed was there. Should they really replace him in the middle of the season it would definitely look like a knee-jerk reaction.

John_B

Both Mercedes and Ferrari could offer a seat to Verstappen by next season. While this would seem out of character for both teams, if they wait he will only be much more expensive to sign if they can even get his signature. Red Bull surely wants to keep him and will offer him a seat this season or the next.

Kvyat was promoted because of the circumstances and not really for his driving. He had some good races but still looks far from championship material like Ricciardo is.

I hope the switch happens just to see Kvyat finish higher than Verstappen in Spain. That would be so sweet.

Shaneus

Both Mercedes and Ferrari could offer a seat to Verstappen by next season. While this would seem out of character for both teams, if they wait he will only be much more expensive to sign if they can even get his signature. Red Bull surely wants to keep him and will offer him a seat this season or the next.
I doubt neither Mercedes nor Ferrari are too concerned about money at this point.

Fox Mulder

Kvyat was promoted because of the circumstances and not really for his driving. He had some good races but still looks far from championship material like Ricciardo is.

I hope the switch happens just to see Kvyat finish higher than Verstappen in Spain. That would be so sweet.

Mercedes has their own stable of young drivers. Anyone can win in that car, so i doubt they'll throw the seat at verstappen. Rosberg could even win the title this year since they're so subtlety rigging lewis.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes has their own stable of young drivers. Anyone can win in that car, so i doubt they'll throw the seat at verstappen. Rosberg could even win the title this year since they're so subtlety rigging lewis.

Mercedes has Wehrlein and Ocon under their wing, but I do not expect driver change at Mercedes until 2018

Mastah

RBR basically pulled a McLaren and panicked when Vettel left in hiring Kvyat (from when McL bagged Perez).

It's silly to repeat that myth. Perez met with Whitmarsh in hotel during the race weekend in Hungary, 2 whole months before Lewis decided to leave. Then at Monza, 2 weeks before Singapore, contract was basically ready and the only unknown was whether #blessed stays or not.

Almost think they would've been better getting someone a little more experienced IMO. Hell, even Vergne or possibly di Resta could've been better options, even in the shorter term.

They thought Kvyat had more raw speed than Ricciardo. Now they know the answer. Second year in the team and still 2 awful qualifying sessions and even when Danny was all chuffed about his 3rd place in China, Marko said "Ricciardo would've been 2nd".

Zeknurn

It's official.

http://www.redbullracing.com/article/new-line-spain

Red Bull Racing will have a new driver line-up from the Spanish Grand Prix. Max Verstappen will be joining the team to drive alongside Daniel Ricciardo. Daniil Kvyat will continue to drive for Red Bull and will re-join sister team Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Christian Horner, Team Principal says, "Max has proven to be an outstanding young talent. His performance at Toro Rosso has been impressive so far and we are pleased to give him the opportunity to drive for Red Bull Racing.

"We are in the unique position to have all four drivers across Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso under long term contracts with Red Bull, so we have the flexibility to move them between the two teams.

"Dany will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential."

Lucius86

Banned
Well that's Kvyat's racing career over.

Now the fans have to buy different merchandising. Well played, Red Bull, well played.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
"We are in the unique position to have all four drivers across Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso under long term contracts with Red Bull, so we have the flexibility to move them between the two teams."
This is devilishly clever of them.

Danielsan

Man, it's true. Next week is going to be very interesting.
I can imagine this will be difficult for Max, Kvyat's engineers as well as Max's current engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom