• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT| This thread is unavailable due to a copyright claim by FOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Man, it's true. Next week is going to be very interesting.
I can imagine this will be difficult for Max, Kvyat's engineers as well as Max's current engineers.

Throughout his career Max has always shown to adapt extremely quickly to new cars and circumstances, so I wonder how difficult it really is.

He is used to the engine already from last year and has been working with Red Bull in their simulator and demos and what not, it won't be completely unfamiliar, either.

Juicy Bob

I have no doubts about Verstappen's ability to race for a 'top' team like Red Bull, I just feel it's way too brutal on Kvyat and cynical to the point where you wonder whether they were just waiting for any excuse to demote Daniil in the first place.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kvyat was never that impressive to begin with, but pissng off Helmut Marko was just dumb, we probably don't have the full story there.

I also hope this takes away a little pressure from Sainz and returned him to last year's form now that he doesn't have to worry about beating Max. He hasn't been all that impressive this season so far and I would like him to move to a top team at some point, too.

Theorry

I have no doubts about Verstappen's ability to race for a 'top' team like Red Bull, I just feel it's way too brutal on Kvyat and cynical to the point where you wonder whether they were just waiting for any excuse to demote Daniil in the first place.

They got forced their hand. They knew that they needed to do something to give Verstappen a seat or he would probably got picked up soon by Ferrari or Mercedes. Dont really think its all Kvyat problems. But it helped them abit,

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Great for Max but I do feel sorry for Kyvat.

Yeah. Me too. And I say this as someone who's been a fan of sebastian vettel since before he was in f1. Hell, I even named one of my cats after him. Kyvat's driving in the first few corners of the Russian gp could be described as idiotic at best, and the timing was really unfortunate given what happened in the previous race, but I still think this is a little harsh for him. Happy for Max though. Hopefully both of them get a strong result at the Spanish Grand Prix so the media lay off Kvyat for a while.

DieH@rd

Banned
"Dany will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential."

ooh-burn-kelso-i12.gif

Man... what a burn. Not only they replaced him, but they also kicked him when he was down on a ground.

:D I like it. His drive in Russia was really bad, and RBR has a develpment team where such drivers can learn how to drive better.

xrnzaaas

Damn that's cold. He acted like a rookie in the last GP, but switching drivers shouldn't be a decision made on an impulse.

hamchan

I'm hoping Ricciardo beats Verstappen just as much as he was beating Kvyat just so Kvyat can not feel so bad.

Because damn, this is so cut-throat from Red Bull it's amazing.

Jezbollah

"Dany will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential."

ooh-burn-kelso-i12.gif

Man... what a burn. Not only they replaced him, but they also kicked him when he was down on a ground.

:D I like it. His drive in Russia was really bad, and RBR has a develpment team where such drivers can learn how to drive better.

That is a savage quote. Wow.

yami4ct

Boy that switch up mid season is harsh. RBR have clearly been looking for a reason to do it, but getting demoted back to the junior squad has to feel shittier than straight up being cut in a lot of ways. I'm very interested to see how Max performs in the new car.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Kvyat was never that impressive to begin with, but pissng off Helmut Marko was just dumb, we probably don't have the full story there.

Yeah, something is missing here. He must have pissed off some people during internal discussions, probably by not seeing his mistake and being stubborn.

But damn, being demoted back into the junior team in the middle of the season is one crazy burn.

While playing the Rains of Castamere, Marko softly said: "Vettel sends his regards."

xrnzaaas

Very much doubt it made on impulse.

We probably won't find out the truth unless Kvyat spills the beans after he leaves the Red Bull group. My (personal) bet is that he pissed off some very important people with his attitude (maybe even Dietrich himself) so they decided to punish him. If Red Bull was so desperate to keep Max they could've just given him a seat after the last season.

It will be tough for Kvyat. Imagine the questions he will get during the weekend.

He was on the podium just a few weeks ago.

He has been in a few unforunate incidents lately but I think that only the first corner incident in Russia can be fully blamed on him.

Oh wow, Kvyat is done.....can't believe these things can actually happen lol.

Vettel surely had some influence here, Marko and Horner are like family to him.

I get the impression that they were looking for an excuse to get Verstappen into the Red Bull. Kvyat's Maldonado-ish actions last week were the perfect opportunity to make this swap.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow mid season change?

Then again, Red Bull isn't that much better than TR right now..

To be fair, TR is around 7~10 and RB is around 3~5 so there's a fairly big difference. Aside from that, TR is only going to drop down the field as the season progresses and engine updates upgrade the 2016 engines. So yeah, huge demotion for Kvyat no matter how you look at it.

mclem

I'm not sure I've seen this before; does Max and Daniil's score persist even though he's now in a different team, or does they 'open a second account' to reflect the fact that his performance is now in a different car?

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not sure I've seen this before; does Max and Daniil's score persist even though he's now in a different team, or does they 'open a second account' to reflect the fact that his performance is now in a different car?

Yes, their points are their points. Their Constructor's point stay with their old constructors.

Their engines are per car, not driver, so Kvyat inherints Max's broken engine from Sochi.

Mastah

And we need to remember Red Bull brand is all about beating records. Now with Verstappen in their car they can do it again, like they've done it with Vettel.

Wonderboy already is the youngest driver ever to start GP and with a bit of luck involved he can be youngest driver on pole position, winner, podium finisher and to score the fastest lap of a race. Records will be broken.

Great move by Red Bull. I hope Max can adapt quickly to his new car and it will be a pleasure to see how he fares against Dan, who is one of the best drivers on the grid.

itsgreen

I can't believe that the rumors were true.

Me neither...

But Max is a hot commodity for 2017 and this was Red Bull's way of securing him. There were two days of negotiations in Austria before the announcement. So he probably secured a 2.5 year guaranteed deal with a 1 year option or something like that...

tomtom94

It's ridiculously harsh for it to be with immediate effect, but I think we all saw it coming. Wonder whether Kvyat will improve or if he'll do what Maldonado did and just stop giving a fuck.

OK, things get VERY interesting for Wonderboy.

If he underperforms, does he get kicked back to Toro Rosso?
Or he's essentially the 2017 driver?

Marko really is a cold SOB.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sauber late AGAIN with paying their employees.

I guess Ecclestone will need to step in to keep the team around before someone can buy (into) it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom