• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrnzaaas

McLaren with both cars in the top 10 :O

I'm excited for tomorrow now :D

McLaren's chassis with both cars in the top 10. ;) We'll see tomorrow how will the Honda engine deal with high temperatures during the entire race.

And yeah, very good performance from Di Resta. He hasn't raced in F1 in almost four years, almost everything is new including the tyres and he still managed to not crash and to not finish last.

DBT85

Great from Di Resta. Just crazy that that's his first time in the car and he's had to use another drivers setup.

Solid lap from Vettel.

Hopefully something happens to make it interesting rather than a procession to the end.

Burai

shitonmychest57
McLaren with both cars in the top 10 :O

I'm excited for tomorrow now :D

giphy.gif

Berto

A bit apreensive for tomorrow, its pretty obvious i'll be excited to see both Mclarens in the points and be heartbroken when those hondas blow up :'(

Yagami_Sama

I missed the Q3, what happened there in case something unexpected, apart from bith McLaren in top 8, happened ?

Vetell on P1 and Raikkonem on P2 is the worst scenario possible, and might allow Vetell to cruise until to the win.And Ferraris wins are always a pain to see.

I just hope that Honda's engine don't blow out and both driver might score some points.

Kalor

Championship is going to come down to tomorrow's race at this rate.

Edit: Everyone trying to get a touch of Buemi today.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I think Buemi needs a few sessions with a sport psychologist to get rid of his anger and frustration issues. Maybe Grosjean can recommend the one he used.

Interesting how Formula-E coverage doesn't shy away from a bit of controversy - https://twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/891405759766048773

Regarding the Abt-Buemi incident; I thought it was an unsafe release. Buemi slowed down because he needed to hit the minimum pit stop time (which he did on the dot), but I didn't think he slowed so suddenly to have surprised Abt.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That was fun. What I'm more interested in is seeing the improvements over the following years, since I assume cars will evolve faster than F1 could at this point.

Jezbollah

This was my first time watching Formula E for a long time - the cars have developed really well. It will be fun to watch some exponential growth in the series with all the manufacturers coming in over the next few years.

kiyomi

This was my first time watching Formula E for a long time - the cars have developed really well. It will be fun to watch some exponential growth in the series with all the manufacturers coming in over the next few years.

They still look hilariously slow to me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They still are. But lets hope the manufacturers coming in will help with that.

I'd still like to see Tesla get involved.

Really doubt Tesla will get in any time soon. They are #1 with electric cars, but here would have to rely on the driver and likely not be first. Bad look for them.

itsgreen

I think Buemi needs a few sessions with a sport psychologist to get rid of his anger and frustration issues. Maybe Grosjean can recommend the one he used.

Interesting how Formula-E coverage doesn't shy away from a bit of controversy - https://twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/891405759766048773

Regarding the Abt-Buemi incident; I thought it was an unsafe release. Buemi slowed down because he needed to hit the minimum pit stop time (which he did on the dot), but I didn't think he slowed so suddenly to have surprised Abt.

Was that the reason? I was under the impression that the pitlane limiter was higher than the 50kmh full course yellow and Buemi went into that mode. When exiting he was exactly as fast as the dude on circuit just in front (don't know who)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Was that the reason? I was under the impression that the pitlane limiter was higher than the 50kmh full course yellow and Buemi went into that mode. When exiting he was exactly as fast as the dude on circuit just in front (don't know who)

I'm not sure to be honest.

They still are. But lets hope the manufacturers coming in will help with that.

I'd still like to see Tesla get involved.

I'm guessing Tesla would be more interested in actual electric road car racing and not open-wheel formula racing.

EDIT: LOL https://twitter.com/MSAmlinAndretti/status/891412689356029953

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Plus significant rule changes are coming in next few seasons. Most importantly, no more car changes during the race.

And when top German manufacturers are interested in F-E they mean business - no wonder that there is a huge electric/hybrid push from Audi, Mercedes and Volkswagen

xrnzaaas

Don't know if this was posted, but a nice look at what the drivers and people high in management are driving this weekend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAEMAwkWLc

The biggest surprise is probably that the McLaren guys are both using the new BMW 5 Series, not one of the McLaren's or not anything from Honda like the Civic Type R or the NSX.

Oh, and Palmer is driving a Talisman wagon instead of Clio RS like Hulk. ;p

I wonder how far off it was. Not that it makes a difference to the rules, but it would have been hilarious if it was only 10g or something. :)

Was that the number? Based on the article I assumed that was just what the team had used as ballast rather than the difference between the min and what the car was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom