• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

Some interesting bits from Sean Bratches (Liberty Media guy)

- Starting next season they want to rely more on second screen
- They're thinking about a splitting statistics into some free and paid stuff
- Paid stuff could include Tyre temperature, telemetry data and ERS charging status
- Talks about this paid stuff for around 10€ a month
- Historic races digitally available for streaming(!!!)
- Wants to improve social media use
- Looking into streaming live races (Needs to be expensive so it doesn't destroy TV contracts though)

Full interview here (In German)
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-kommerz-chef-im-interview-10924171.html

KdotIX

Some interesting bits from Sean Bratches (Liberty Media guy)

- Starting next season they want to rely more on second screen
- They're thinking about a splitting statistics into some free and paid stuff
- Paid stuff could include Tyre temperature, telemetry data and ERS charging status
- Talks about this paid stuff for around 10€ a month
- Historic races digitally available for streaming(!!!)
- Wants to improve social media use
- Looking into streaming live races (Needs to be expensive so it doesn't destroy TV contracts though)

Full interview here (In German)
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1-kommerz-chef-im-interview-10924171.html

Give us the option to choose our commentary source and some extra shows then I'm in!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jeffri please....
Oh god, that was Maldonado level of bad there.

Not much happened during the whole race now near the end everything kicks off.

Edit: Latifi fails at Nato avoidance, scrapes his front wing end plate off.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Great win by Panasonic in that Formula 2 race. He should have some fun testing the Sauber next week.

Great driving by Rowland too to steal 2nd at the end. Some pointers on how you may overtake here with better tyre management for the F1 guys too.

Zaru

Sky Italia reporting that Ferrari will announce their 2018 line-up at Monza.

I wonder what kind of special package Ferrari will bring to Monza now that they're actually in a position to challenge again.
If anyone but Kimi was to be confirmed for 2018 we'd probably be hearing the rumors already.

It's funny how the summer break will probably be spent by Mercedes trying to fix their lower speed track performance and Ferrari trying to fix their higher speed track performance (though this is more urgent).

tomtom94

I wonder what kind of special package Ferrari will bring to Monza now that they're actually in a position to challenge again.
If anyone but Kimi was to be confirmed for 2018 we'd probably be hearing the rumors already.

It's going to be either Kimi or Leclerc and the latter would be a surprise.

Xando

It's funny how the summer break will probably be spent by Mercedes trying to fix their lower speed track performance and Ferrari trying to fix their higher speed track performance (though this is more urgent).

They're probably going with kimi for another year and see what happens next year with Max and Seb contracts

Zaru

It's going to be either Kimi or Leclerc and the latter would be a surprise.

Yeah no. They're not putting a rookie into the main team after seeing how less experienced drivers generally seem to struggle with these current beasts. They've got Sauber and kind of Haas to test their young drivers.

Kimi is old and busted but what are the alternatives?
Those Ferrari midfield hopefuls kind of fizzled out:
- Perez probably woke up to a horse head in his bed after defecting to McLaren and not listening to his team's demands in Canada probably was a red flag for the red horse
- Grosjean failed to impress even after recovering from his Crashjean phase

The kind of drivers that would be a younger upgrade to Kimi are locked into Red Bull contracts or happy at Mercedes.

Plus Vettel always says how happy he is with Kimi. So I'd be really surprised if he doesn't stay on for 2018.

But next year's silly season is gonna be a riot, holy shit.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I can see Kimi staying for one more year

but for 2019 season, it will be a total and utter madness on driver's market

Yep, this will be the case. But I still think that Mercedes are in better position, but so many factors could be decisive - from FIA directives, component failures to weather

Zaru

I can see Kimi staying for one more year

but for 2019 season, it will be a total and utter madness on driver's market

2019 is also going to be foreplay for the engine regulation changes of 2021.
You might get some "crazy" moves like how Hamilton moved to Mercedes a whole season before the V6s were introduced.

tomtom94

Why would Ferrari even consider picking Grosjean? Serious question.

I mean for all his incessant fucking moaning about his brakes, Grosjean has done very well in the Haas and also did well alongside Raikkonen when they were together at Lotus. He would make a solid #2 driver. Plus it was an open secret that he went to Haas so that he would have an "in" at Ferrari.

tomtom94

Why would Perez even remotely consider this? That makes no sense.

I wasn't really thinking from Perez's perspective, more I'm not sure who else there is for Williams to poach (Sainz and Hulkenberg are currently contracted).

It would be a sideways move, but he's had fights with Ocon recently.

Xando

Guess who’s ready for the summer break

DF-rQ9yXgAAE48T.jpg

John_B

Grosjean is quick and experienced on the same high level as Hulkenberg, Perez and Bottas. Those drivers are obvious secondary picks for the top teams. Ferrari needs to replace Raikkonen with one of these drivers if they want to bag a constructors in the near future.

Grug

Common theme from all the teams is that all their hopes rest on making something happen on the run to the first corner before it becomes an utter procession.

Expecting some crazy at the start.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Common theme from all the teams is that all their hopes rest on making something happen on the run to the first corner before it becomes an utter procession.

Expecting some crazy at the start.

Yeah, that is pretty much the case with this track.

Grug

Yeah, that is pretty much the case with this track.

The McLarens might be content to just stay safe and in the points.

Mercedes talking damage limitation but it could be a ruse.

Red Bull have nothing to lose though. Verstappen is going to put his balls on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom