• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Start and first several corners will be ultra interesting tomorrow

Hamilton in trouble this weekend.. you can't really overtake here, if you're not much faster.

it will be a damage limitation race for Mercedes, tracks that are coming are much more suited for their car.

They will also suffer in Singapore

SilentRob

Vettel is certainly losing it. He needs to give up on that championship. It's over.

And that's the end of the season.

I think that Mercedes really upped their development race and Ferrari is slowly going backwards

Champiosnhip is done....Ferrari development is shit

atleast we had some race wins

In a few races time red bull will overtake Ferrari too. Season over.

You really think that Ferrari is somehow gaining pace again to keep up with Mercedes through the rest of the season? Do you really believe that?

Emoji_Icon_-_Thinking_large.png

You can put your house on Vettel winning tomorrow

Ferrari will use Kimi to secure the win

Hopefully this track is hiding the problems Ferrari will face elsewhere now they don't have the bendy floor

Loris146

You can put your house on Vettel winning tomorrow

Ferrari will use Kimi to secure the win

Hopefully this track is hiding the problems Ferrari will face elsewhere now they don't have the bendy floor

Vettel is the fastest around this track. Only way to pass him is the start or maybe with a SC.

McNum

So with the grid penalty for Hulkenberg, we're going to see something neat for tomorrow.

Two Ferraris, two Mercedes, two Red Bulls, and two McLarens.

First four rows will be the same teams. That hasn't happened in a while, has it? Especially not with McLarens in play.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

True scale of Ferrari / Mercedes development war will be seen after the summer break, but it could be masked in Monza and Spa (fast, high power tracks). Plus FIA will probably issue a technical directive or two about something that could hurt either team...

Lima

You're going to see these kind of posts here even after Vettel is WC last race, it's ridiculous.

Reading GAF you'd think Ferrari struggles to get out of Q2.

I mean it's brot. It's all in good fun.

Still can't get over the fact that he doesn't like Lidl though.

Zaru

Of the remaining tracks I think Vettel will be the man to beat in Singapore (unless Red Bull catches up on that sort of track), but the power tracks still seem to favor Mercedes too much.

h3ro

That Ferrari looked glued to the track. Great laps all around.

I can see Ferrari using Kimi as the dummy to counter any chance the Merc has off the line.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Of the remaining tracks I think Vettel will be the man to beat in Singapore (unless Red Bull catches up on that sort of track), but the power tracks still seem to favor Mercedes too much.

We will see how will both cars perform on other six venues - Malaysia (for the last time), Japan, USA, Mexico, Brazil and Abu Dhabi. Plus there will be grid penalites and other drama :p

SilentRob

True scale of Ferrari / Mercedes development war will be seen after the summer break, but it could be masked in Monza and Spa (fast, high power tracks). Plus FIA will probably issue a technical directive or two about something that could hurt either team...

I'm with you, I have no idea if Ferrari will really be able to pull it off. But immediately abandoning all hope (or feeling happy) because Ferrari was weaker than Mercedes during one weekend, even though Vettel was still leading the Championship at that point, acting like it's all over was just silly.

I'm still all in for a Bottas championship to be honest :p

Back to normal for Vandoorne, he's such a disapointment, nearly 4ths off on this short lap 💩

Him, Boullier, Palmer and Kvyat shouldn't be allowed back after the summer break.

Mohonky

Ferrari lock out hey? Not too surprising, the shorter wheelbase should make them more agile on these tighter tracks, Hungary, Monaco and Singapore will be their strongest tracks, the Mercs shoukd be more stable and get the power down better on highspeed tracks but yeh this weekend is going to be damage limitation for Ham and Bottas this weekend.

Not surprised McLaren are up there, Alonso has been saying he thinks the chasis is good

McNum

I hope VER gets a podium. I feel bad for the Dutch fans in the crowd every race.
VER actually finishing a race with no mechanical failure would be a step up, sadly. This season has just not been in his favor at all when it comes to that.

I'm thinking he'll either fight for the podium or DNF due to... let's be slightly exotic and say the ERS on the brakes fails so his electric engine runs out of power. He hasn't had that one yet, right? Otherwise, good old reliable gearbox failure.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, I don't think Rowland did anything wrong. Markelov wasn't next to him, so could've backed off or change directions instead of keep going to the inside. Markelov probably thought there was more road to the inside because he was going over the pit-lane exit.

The thing about Rowland is, if you watch the replay, he's looking in his left mirror the whole time...

Rowland is moving right to defend the inside. He is probably expecting Markelov to show up in his left mirror and at that time he will stop moving to the right. Then Markelov picked a line on the inside that didn't exist.

Fox Mulder

So with the grid penalty for Hulkenberg, we're going to see something neat for tomorrow.

Two Ferraris, two Mercedes, two Red Bulls, and two McLarens.

First four rows will be the same teams. That hasn't happened in a while, has it? Especially not with McLarens in play.

malaysia 2016 had mercs, redbulls, ferraris, and FI lined up without a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom