• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

arrow_split_2.jpg

These cars are freaking awesome. I want the record at every single track broken, dammit.

Well done for Bottas, and massive Hulkenberg effort. I think Renault and Haas are both better than people were anticipating, after Grosjean managed 6th last race.

I really came around on Hamiltons white helmet, and ended up really liking it...

...but Im really happy to see him back in a yellow one.

Zaru

It's kinda hilarious and historically ironic to see so many chinese fans holding up british flags.

Edit: Also Wolff is providing more rhythmic gif material

Really curious what happened with Kimi between Q2 and Q3.

Q1: Raikkonen 1m33.341s
Q2: Raikkonen 1m32.181s
Q3: Raikkonen 1m32.140s

Yeah. He did not improve as expected. Unless he used max power already in Q2 for some reason.

Maybe if someone wants to check splits they can see if he had a really bad sector or something.

Grug

Q1: Raikkonen 1m33.341s
Q2: Raikkonen 1m32.181s
Q3: Raikkonen 1m32.140s

Yeah. He did not improve as expected. Unless he used max power already in Q2 for some reason.

Maybe if someone wants to check splits they can see if he had a really bad sector or something.

He was complaining about his back end. Asked his engineers if they changed settings.

Mastah

Something something magic parts coming... something wait until Austria something something...

"That launch render is absolutely not the car we'll see during testing and then in the first race, Newey created another asphalt-ripping monster, no doubt!"

John_B

Hamilton is walking over Vettel, Bottas and Raikkonen in qualifying.

I still have Vettel as the favorite for the win in dry conditions.

Hamilton is walking over Vettel, Bottas and Raikkonen in qualifying.

I still have Vettel as the favorite for the win in dry conditions.
Seems like this seasons WDC may come down to pit strategy and which car is easier on the tyres. Merc and Ferrari are just about evenly matched.

Joni

Ferrari used different tires than everyone else? They are yellow on the graph and the others are red. Is that possible that they ran just on soft?

Ruruja

What happened to that nice timing system they used last race where you could see if drivers went purple or green in very small sections?

I remember seeing some complaints that it took away some excitement of knowing whether they were going to beat a rival's lap or not, as you'd know before they hit the Sector/Finish Line. Maybe that's the reason.

John_B

So what happens tomorrow if it rains at the start? Normal start or do they go behind the safety car?

It will be a bit crazy for the drivers that has no experience with the new wet tires to having to race on them.

Zeknurn

So what happens tomorrow if it rains at the start? Normal start or do they go behind the safety car?

It will be a bit crazy for the drivers that has no experience with the new wet tires to having to race on them.

A) The conditions are good enough for a formation lap and a normal start
B) It's too wet and they will start behind the safety car, dry up the track and then do a normal standing start.

B will no doubt ensue chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom