• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Got my VIP rewards, cars and credits as soon as I started the game tonight - woot - now I'm ready to get into the thick of it.

And holy hell at the Extreme Track Toys championship races. There's only a very slight margin for error at those speeds, and those rides can be seriously twitchy when pushed to the max.

ahartig

Hey guys, on a scale of 1/10 how would you rate this game. I just want to see what everyone here thinks of though I have read the reviews for it. I'm really wondering if I should drop some money on an Xbox One for this game. With that I'll also have to buy a monitor with HDMI since mine for some reason doesn't have one. I'll be looking at around $600 or more for everything.

You can include your thoughts in your original post, I'll be checking them out.

Thanks.

10/10. Most fun I have had with a video game in a very long time.

Hey guys, on a scale of 1/10 how would you rate this game. I just want to see what everyone here thinks of though I have read the reviews for it. I'm really wondering if I should drop some money on an Xbox One for this game. With that I'll also have to buy a monitor with HDMI since mine for some reason doesn't have one. I'll be looking at around $600 or more for everything.

Thanks.

The launch issues that are still ongoing have really harshed my enjoyment of the game but if you are going to wait a while they probably won't last. Game is fantastic besides that, the races are fun, the atmosphere is great and the handling is Forza Excellence.

Game with Launch issues: 7/10
Game without issues: 9/10

Thanks.

The game is GOTY material for me but I really love racing games. I will buy all of them except The Crew this year and I really don't expect any of them to be better than Forza Horizon 2.

The game is everything I wanted from a Forza Horizon sequel. It's beautiful and the driving feels great. The multiplayer is the best I've played since Blur. I did a cross country event in a P1 yesterday. I used the hood view and didn't see where I was driving most of the time. It was super intense. Racing through fields and trees at insane speeds without crashing and then winning the race was the best gaming moment for me this year. I wish I had a replay of that.

Hats off to the guys and girls at Playground Games. They delivered an incredible game.

However...I do have complaints.

The environment doesn't offer as much variety as Colorado in FH1. It is still a beautiful location though.

There are a few technical problems like noticeable pop in.of objects and shadows.

I don't like the ghost towns in this game. There are more towns than in FH1 so it's a lot more noticeable this time. I'd love to see pedestrians like in Midnight Club: Los Angeles.

Snackawho

Wow I jumped from rank 69 to 17 in the club. I got over 400,000 xp in one night. I think I'm in love with this game.

Btw Has anyone noticed ghost players when playing online road trip? I've noticed that they're a bunch of players that are playing in the same races as me but they're translucent and they don't count in the standings. It's incredibly weird

shinnn

some HUDless pics

imb8eoQ5vlc1v.jpg

iyQc5UcWFCSCq.jpg

ihGRG1x7UQCzf.jpg

iUJR4olifPnqM.jpg

itQ8kCse0UwrJ.jpg

ijQA3nwrFVJ4v.jpg

Enilced2

God I love this game, I really wish it would stop hard locking on me and booting out to the dashboard though it keeps interrupting my road trips

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
LOL, I was saving my last few spins until I got the perk but accidentally hit X when coming out of pause so it started my spins. I was pissed but then spun:

100,000 (top cash prize I was told)
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG

Not bad at all!

GHG

Wtf at this game man.

I was up till 5am playing last night.

Wifey fell asleep on the sofa next to me at like midnight, asked how long I'd be... I told her just a few more minutes. I was being sincere at the time but something took a hold of me.

This game is crack. It's all I need in my life.

And I haven't even reached the point where I can join the GAF club yet.

Wow.

Have you tried shutting down the game completely and then restarting?

I've tried your suggestion. I didn't get the credits.

Worse in fact - the one reward car (Viper) I'd not redeemed yet due to a server error message has now disappered from my gift list.

Oh well it's only pretend money.

After Nature

Neo Member
Played straight through until I hit the point where I could join ForzaGaf yesterday after work.
Going to head out for more online play later today/tonight.
This will probably be my most played game this year.

I can't believe how good this game is. Simply stunning.

I haven't received my Forza rewards yet though, and I've got a feeling they're never coming! Is there an average wait time, as I redeemed them about 12 hours ago.

Edit: just seen that others have got the same issue.

Edit 2: forget it, they have just arrived!!! Lol

lpchrys

Banned
Im having a great time with the game so far...level 19, i just bought and tuned up an older GTR, the car is awesome to drive!

what ford said but you also have Tuning, which you can adjust gears, tire pressure, roll cars, alighnment, springs and ride height, spoilers angles, brake pressure and more. Its very deep if you want it to be.

Oh yes! My avatar make me the $$$

Just curious, what sort of credits do you see? I think my two returns I've had so far were from something like 103 and 102 races and earned roughly around 15k credits both times. How's that compare? I've played a fair bit so I figure I should be featuring somewhat prominently.

Do people from the club appear as drivatars in our game randomly or do we need to have them as friends?

They should populate your game if the servers are up to speed. I've noticed a handful of GAF Club members both in championships and around the map. I know Niven, FordGTGuy, and whoever is Finaliize have been in my game as well as some others. None of them are my Xbox Live friends. And Finaliize's drivatar was pure evil. Watch out for that one.

Reckoner

Still missing one road on the Xbox One version for the achievement and am about ready to kill a man over it.

The same happened to me on the first Forza Horizon. Turned out to be just a bit of a parking lot or whatever. You probably already zoomed in as much as you could, and if you can't see the greyed out area anyway, I give you the best of lucks in your journey!

So...maybe I'm crazy, but the final game looks a little better than the demo to me.

Weather effects are more pronounced, there's more in the way of effects when you barrel through a vineyard, the world looks more detailed.

Love the amount of events you can enter. It seems like each car is worth getting, unlike Forza 5 which I felt took a step backwards with the campaign.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wtf at this game man.

I was up till 5am playing last night.

Wifey fell asleep on the sofa next to me at like midnight, asked how long I'd be... I told her just a few more minutes. I was being sincere at the time but something took a hold of me.

This game is crack. It's all I need in my life.

And I haven't even reached the point where I can join the GAF club yet.

Wow.

Just this race to finish yen the championship is done and that will be a good place to stop.
Oh that XP board is quite close by, makes sense to tidy that up before moving away from this area.
Hmm, Lancia bucket list - looks interesting
:3hours later:
Ooh a barn in my area?

Tall Paul

3 hours spent last night and big smiles all round. At level 6 and just such fun, started modding a Ford F100 to cruise in, can't seen to see the VW Van is it unlocked later? Defo joining the Gaff Club when it lets me.

Edit: think it must be a barn find..can't wait to track it down.

23qwerty

Damn, at this point this is the only reason to get an xbone, but I'm not sure I can justify getting one just for this game...

Is there a list of all the different bonus skill point things and how to get them? Like Daredevil triggers when you do a near miss with three cars in a row, I believe?

When I was doing the Lancia bucket list one time I swear I saw it give me a "Ebisu Style" pop up but I have no idea what triggered it and in the ten-ish hours I have on the game it's the only time I saw it. I also hit a tree immediately and lost it so maybe I read it wrong? Just curious what that is and if there's other hidden skill bonuses I haven't seen by doing something specific.

Jrs3000

Damn, at this point this is the only reason to get an xbone, but I'm not sure I can justify getting one just for this game...

Sunset overdrive next month *Slap
Halo collection November *Double slap
D4 *Triple slap
All the games you missed, titanfall, ryse, dead rising 3 *Kick to the nuts

Great to see so many people enjoying the game, I think had FM fleshed out it's career mode and made it fun and interesting instead of a po-faced series of races it too would attract a wider audience.

mike4001_

D4 *Triple slap

Quantum Break
Tomb Rider about 6 months earlier :D

..... and the list goes on ...

Just buy it already !

tuna_love

Banned
I think I already asked this but couldn't find a reply. Is there a way to use the wheel and then switch to a controller for photos?

I've found one thing that annoys me.

I'm using the right thumbstick for gas/brake and using that controller option, there's no button for change camera. I have to go into options.

That's all I've got.

Klocker

I've found one thing that annoys me.

I'm using the right thumbstick for gas/brake and using that controller option, there's no button for change camera. I have to go into options.

That's all I've got.

Yepp and plenty of buttons there. Come on PG. Give me a switch camera button on my other control schemes please...

That said , just finished a four hour session after playing on and off all day

Love this game so much

Why is the camera mode function not assigned to a button until you are asked to take pictures? Unless it was assigned but I didn't press it long enough...

23qwerty

D4 *Triple slap

Sunset Overdrive I've heard that it has a nice aesthetic but is nothing special from people who've played it, still kinda interested though (mainly because it's Insomniac).
Halo collection, don't care about at all.
D4, looks okay, wouldn't get it if I were to get an xbone though.
Titanfall I've played, not a fan.
Ryse (not sure if you were joking with this one) isn't good.
Dead Rising 3, played on PC.

But boy do I ever want FH2
Honestly the Hospital Records radio station is half the reason I want this.

Certinty

Screw you guys, I was gonna wait for the white Xbox One but have decided to go out today and just get the black one since reading all these comments makes me so jealous. Figured the colour of the console doesn't even matter either too I suppose.

23qwerty

You can turn off the driving line right? Watching some video and it seems ever present. Why is it even in an open world racer, I've never seen that before.

Top Bottom