• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Resolution (1080p), Framerate (30fps), Music, & More Detailed - IGNF

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just hope we can use the right analogue stick for Accel/brake. Was quite disappointing I could not use it in Horizon. (my trigger fingers easily cramp up and that control scheme has saved me in all the other Forza games!)

Kelsey

Banned
Grand Theft Forza.

They already have the amazing selection of cars, the brilliant handling, the races, the ability to drive anywhere, the open world. All that's missing now is hookers and convenience stores to rob.

gaming_noob

A 3rd Forza is overkill.... unless MS is branching out to VR - I guess a Forza designed around only for VR would be kind of cool.

saladine1

Funny, before the article was posted, I was in the process of making a post to Helios regarding Beardawalt's intentions for another spinoff game!

Weird shit...

Anyway, next spinoff?

Forza Race WaRz: Granny Shifting Edition Plus NAWS

shandy706

Time to break out an image I made over 3 years ago guys.

forzawatersportshandy70.jpg

jabofu

Neo Member
Motorsport = full fledched sim (throw out forza vista and virus/tag/football)
Horizon = open world (sweet open world driving and racing)
??? = arcade/sim (city tracks, "kudos", fun mp modes)

- Something for everybody in there
- More diversion for racing fans
- fast development times (same engine, same car models)
- Forza every year!

arhra

WHY NOT MAKE PGR.

WHY NOT.

WHY.
Because branding.

And a PGR that wasn't by Bizarre would feel kinda... sacrilegious.

Expand Playground to two teams, aggressively poach as many ex-Bizarre devs as possible, and call it Forza Metropolis.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
If it means a 3 year dev cycle for Motorsport, I really don't care what it is. Motorsport desperately needs a 3 year dev cycle.

jem0208

What about a futuristic Forza?

Has there ever been a realistic take on Sci Fi racing? That would be awesome.

Forza Futuresport

I said it because it is a matter of fact. I can already see some championing this open world point for example, to excuse a frame rate which not long before they claimed was unacceptable or the like for racers, and now I can see people championing it for tech speak, without much compression beyond using it as a tick box feature.

On a side note, I'd be very surprised if FH2 looks as good as DriveClub. Already in the screenshots I can see a difference in lighting quality and in other things like tree and foliage geometry for example. I have no doubt FH2 is going to look bonkers good, but whilst it likely uses a highly adapted version of the F5 engine, you can still see some of the similarities, especially for example, in the Mitsubishi Evolution shot. I've no doubt some will think it looks better though, just as some jumped to the conclusion Quantum Break looks better than anything they've seen before based on that little footage, even though to me Ryse still currently looks markedly better. But opinions and all that.

I would take your opinion more seriously if I knew you didn't have a huge bias.

3 variations of Forza? Surely that's pushing things just a little too far.

FM for straight up sim / circuit racing. FH for a blend of everything else. That's perfect.

I don't see what they could do with a third game without the risk of diluting the other two.

Perhaps something wacky like a Mario Kart clone, that could be okay.

p3tran

Banned
..since Dan is pondering about the future, I think it is inevitable that t10 will make a focused f1/open wheeler game, before they are in the position to try for the ultimate-jack-in-the-matrix rpg-car culture game.
Cheers ;p

eso76

What about a futuristic Forza?

Has there ever been a realistic take on Sci Fi racing? That would be awesome.

Forza Futuresport

realistic huh ?

well, I don't know about that, but I would really, really like, say, a Wipeout game with GT or Forza depth and structure.

Complex physics, much greater diversity in aircrafts' handling, weapons and appearance, upgrades, customization etc.

The futuristic racing genre has died because people want higher perceived value in full priced games, but there's still a lot you could do about that.

Wait, at theis FLAWLESS soundtrack ever released in a video game. I literally have all of those songs and don't get me started on my dirty Tesla Boy stanning. Ugh! Why Forza? WHHHHHY!

Top Bottom