• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Resolution (1080p), Framerate (30fps), Music, & More Detailed - IGNF

x-drake

Neo Member
Is there MotoCycles in Forza Motorsports 5?

Would a Bike Racing sim sell? Or mix FM and FH styles with bikes only, make it cheaper and download only?

eso76

Also, no to a third forza series. There's only so much you can do with cars, and Motorsport + Horizon have everything covered (or should).
Third series would mean removing rally from Horizon or open wheels from Motorsport or something to that extent.

I would take your opinion more seriously if I knew you didn't have a huge bias.

I don't have a bias at all but I also think FH2 is gonna have a hard time looking as good. It doesn't matter though. If they can clean up jaggies and pop-in, and maybe it is slightly less detailed, they still have an open world that no other game is doing. They really need to nail IQ though.

jay23

3 variations of Forza? Surely that's pushing things just a little too far.

FM for straight up sim / circuit racing. FH for a blend of everything else. That's perfect.

I don't see what they could do with a third game without the risk of diluting the other two.

Perhaps something wacky like a Mario Kart clone, that could be okay.

A kart game would be kind of cool, idk if they can pull off rated E type game with MS characters tho.

Caayn

If Turn 10/MS decides to do a third Forza series I'd like to see them take on a more futuristic approach. A new game in the likes of F-Zero and Wipeout would be amazing.

Forza Rally would be awesome. Like really awesome.
Still seems closer to Horizon's wheelhouse. All the changing conditions means you probably still want to target 30fps (day/night/weather/radical surface variation), and you want long, winding stages, which fits with the scale of somebody developing open world driving games.

But I wouldn't shrug off a 60fps sim rally game if they could pull off the different track conditions.

If Turn 10/MS decides to do a third Forza series I'd like to see them take on a more futuristic approach. A new game in the likes of F-Zero and Wipeout would be amazing.

That would be better for a downloadable game not related to Forza, IMO.

Also, no to a third forza series. There's only so much you can do with cars, and Motorsport + Horizon have everything covered (or should).
Third series would mean removing rally from Horizon or open wheels from Motorsport or something to that extent.

How about Forza Hot Rods or something else focusing on the culture of heavy car modification? Or a motorcycle simulator that encompasses many different motorcycle types and disciplines, not just circuit racing? Or something like Grand Prix Legends?

RyudBoy

A 3rd game in the series sounds like overkill, but if it's something like a full rallisport game, then I'm all for it.

And I know I'm late, but thank you Besada.

I would say Rally but that's also in Horizon (even more so now we can apparently free roam off road).

I'm sticking with Forza Kart. With a built in track creator!

OT: Is it Friday yet? :(

Still seems closer to Horizon's wheelhouse. All the changing conditions means you probably still want to target 30fps (day/night/weather/radical surface variation), and you want long, winding stages, which fits with the scale of somebody developing open world driving games.

But I wouldn't shrug off a 60fps sim rally game if they could pull off the different track conditions.

My favorite racing game was Rallisport Challenge so what I'm really thinking is if Microsoft wants to slap a Forza name on to Rallisport Challenge and sell it, I would buy immediately.

klodeckel

Banned
ghxwD3n.png

I think Horizon 2 will already give us a taste on that.

I think Horizon 2 will already give us a taste on that.

One day, one day...

If rally returns to horizon 2 as either content or DLC I hope they make it as good as possible, horizon 1 rally was lovely but a lot of the courses had way too many blind hills you flew over at a million miles per hour, also lacked spectators and cool dust trails.

Oh dear I just remembered the terrible replay cameras in Horizon, it was worse then forza 2 replays...

Not yet
I'm feeling confident that it's in next update or so.
One day, one day...

If rally returns to horizon 2 as either content or DLC I hope they make it as good as possible, horizon 1 rally was lovely but a lot of the courses had way too many blind hills you flew over at a million miles per hour, also lacked spectators and cool dust trails.

Oh dear I just remembered the terrible replay cameras in Horizon, it was worse then forza 2 replays...

Yeah, it was uneven as hell and the replays were pretty unflattering.

Loved the video they debuted it with...dubstep breaks and all. I want rally to be in the base game, especially now that the game is more effectively open world with day-night cycle and weather, so I hope it's there, but I'll buy the damned DLC, too.

Mascot

It's Forza Karate, with one playable character: a bald dude with mad staring eyes and a ginger beard who promises free Xbones then reneges on the deal.

1.) Quit dragging in quotes from other threads to show how unfair the universe is. Because I will ban you for it.

2.) If a game is 30fps, please shut up about how much you wish it were 60fps, because it's not. It is what it is, and no one wants to hear you whine about it. If it's not good enough for you, don't buy it. If you want to attract the attention of the developers, go send them an email.

Finally, quit turning threads into comparisons about similar projects on another console. This happens all the time, and it's super-irritating for everyone involved. It always leads to a derail, and it always shits up the thread. In the coming week, we will be paying close attention to this, and sending people on their merry way if they can't abide.
I love you.

slapnuts

I wonder where are those who said " drive club in 30fps ? It´s unplayable for a racing game "

I'm Happy with this 1080p 30fps and will love both DC et FH2 ! :)

Well nevermind those hating on the 30fps with these racers. I mean look at the Project Gothem Racing Franchise, all PGR games were 30fps, the game has a HUGE fan base and rightfully so because PGR is a damn good racing franchise that brings a ton of fun for what it does do good. People tend to just want to disect a game to death rather than look at what kind of game it is and look at the positives and be excited about it. Both FH2 and DC will give gamers loads of fun..those that do not dissect games to death, that is.

Personally, i really enjoy sim racers at 60fps but the racers that are a mixture of sim and arcade, 30fps is perfectly fine for me. I just want the sims like Forza and Gran Turismo type games to be 60fps.

Im looking forward to both Horizon 2 and Drive Club....comparing the two is not really fair because they are both different...Drive Club reminds me more of PGR games while Horizon reminds me of...well its a game that is different from the rest i guess...maybe that is why its a blast to play.

I don't have a bias at all but I also think FH2 is gonna have a hard time looking as good. It doesn't matter though. If they can clean up jaggies and pop-in, and maybe it is slightly less detailed, they still have an open world that no other game is doing. They really need to nail IQ though.

That will likely boil down to the XBox One not being as powerful and/or the game being more open world. I look forward to both games to be honest since I love racing games. I'm just a little peeved I won't be able to use my driving wheel I have for my XBox 360 but I imagine Forza Horizon 2 will also feature the rumble triggers on the controllers many rave about.

Top Bottom