• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
8104211008_220183e1ab_z.jpg

thats narrow and a hairpin. what game is this? cant be horizon...

Dat Maple Valley.

Raven77

Hearing about how the "open world" is structured is a real bummer to me. I've also started noticing that in nearly every screenshot I see their are road barriers keeping you from taking it off road to just drive where you please.

Are you basically stuck to the roads?

(Yes, I basically want it to be like GTA where I can drive off a cliff if I so choose...)

DD

Hearing about how the "open world" is structured is a real bummer to me. I've also started noticing that in nearly every screenshot I see their are road barriers keeping you from taking it off road to just drive where you please.

Are you basically stuck to the roads?

(Yes, I basically want it to be like GTA where I can drive off a cliff if I so choose...)

There are some open areas, but most of the time you'll have to stick with the roads.

To everyone who is playing the game early, you miserable, insufferable cretins, I sincerely hope your Xboxes catastrophically RROD so that you're forced to step back and evaluate some of the decisions you've made in your lives.

not rly ;)

ElyrionX

I thought we were done whining about DLC. I suggest you change hobby ... every games coming out in the near future have DLC. There are 4 DLCs for Borderlands 2, did you play that? because if you did you are missing so much. Oh then how about Darksider 2, there are DLC for that. I hope you skip that also.

All the past Need for Speed have DLC so I hope you didn't play any of those either because you know you got rip off royally and missing like half of the game.

Please...get off my lawn if you have no interest in this game. I already skip the entire of Forza Horizon previews thread and left Forza 4 thread because the constant post like this.

I have no issue with DLCs. But the preorder thing going on with this game is utter bullshit. I can't even get them if I wanted to because the program wasn't rolled out in my country. Shame, because I really want to play this game but I refuse to support shitty business practices like that.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I have no issue with DLCs. But the preorder thing going on with this game is utter bullshit. I can't even get them if I wanted to because the program wasn't rolled out in my country. Shame, because I really want to play this game but I refuse to support shitty business practices like that.

The pre-order cars will be up in the store in the future.

Shaneus

Well, I'm enjoying the demo FAR more now that I have the MS FF wheel. The wheel itself isn't as great as I was expecting (but of course, I only have a G27 for comparison) and the FF feels a little off for some reason... but it dumps all over the controller. Looking a little more forward to it now!

That's what I have and I love it. No complaints.

It's a decent enough wheel if the price is right, just don't go comparing it to your G27. Pedals are flimsy but it's possible to put together a cheap cable to connect the wheel to your G27's pedals.

Thanks guys. Ordered :D

@ Shaneus: same here. Own a g27 and MSFF ordered. Have you got any idea which racegames work best with this wheel?

Well, I'm enjoying the demo FAR more now that I have the MS FF wheel. The wheel itself isn't as great as I was expecting (but of course, I only have a G27 for comparison) and the FF feels a little off for some reason... but it dumps all over the controller. Looking a little more forward to it now!
Well your stuck at 270, and the FF felt off on my fanatec until I switched to 720.

Shaneus

Thanks guys. Ordered :D

@ Shaneus: same here. Own a g27 and MSFF ordered. Have you got any idea which racegames work best with this wheel?
The FF hasn't been incredibly strong with anything, but I'm pretty sure it makes a big difference that I'm using it on my lap. I think the vast majority of all racing games work with it, and ones that don't (at least Outrun Online) just transmit vibrations through the wheel and has a fixed amount of force throughout the entire rotation.

I'm about to test PGR4 to see how that feels as well, but given it's arcadier qualities, I suspect it won't be all that great. But then, I know Bizarre and they wouldn't have done anything half-arsed :)

I don't know what difference amount of rotation would make. Anyway, wouldn't MS/PG be sure that the FF feels appropriate for their very own first-party peripheral?
That is no longer in production.

The FF was kind of crazy on 270, to jumpy. The ISR guys mentioned it in there review as well.

The FF hasn't been incredibly strong with anything, but I'm pretty sure it makes a big difference that I'm using it on my lap. I think the vast majority of all racing games work with it, and ones that don't (at least Outrun Online) just transmit vibrations through the wheel and has a fixed amount of force throughout the entire rotation.

I'm about to test PGR4 to see how that feels as well, but given it's arcadier qualities, I suspect it won't be all that great. But then, I know Bizarre and they wouldn't have done anything half-arsed :)

Thanks/ It looks kinda big on the pics so I'm gonna mount it. I found a list of compatible games btw. (list is not updated it seems).
Compatible games MS FFB wheel

saladine1

Seeing how Horizon runs amazingly well in 30fps, I wonder if Turn 10 are at least thinking about doing 30fps for FM5...:0 ?

Seriously though, don't do it Turn 10...

Seeing how Horizon runs amazingly well in 30fps, I wonder if Turn 10 are at least thinking about doing 30fps for FM5...:0 ?

Seriously though, don't do it Turn 10...

Nah, I'm sure Turn10 will be able to make a next gen 60fps Forza, although I would rather see a FM5 with a steady 30fps, dynamic weather, day and night cycle, new lighting engine ( I love both FM4 and GT5, but the skyboxes for GT5 are just amazing ) and a proper windscreen, etc. than a 60 fps FM5 without those things.

saladine1

Nah, I'm sure Turn10 will be able to make a next gen 60fps Forza, although I would rather see a FM5 with a steady 30fps, dynamic weather, day and night cycle, new lighting engine ( I love both FM4 and GT5, but the skyboxes for GT5 are just amazing ) and a proper windscreen, etc. than a 60 fps FM5 without those things.

Absolutely agree. Greenawalt on the other hand wouldn't.

Anyway, just thinking about next gen FM5+GT6 get's me excited in more ways than one...

AssaTM

Will the preorder cars become available as DLC at some point? I dont know the Forza tradition for DLC cars and i'm not sure i'll be able to grab the game on launch, but I really want that 370z when I do play it! :(

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Having been in photomode, I do think the cars are an LOD level down on Forza 4's photomode models. Could be wrong, of course, but they just don't quite have that same 'ping' to them. Very weird to describe but anyone who's taken a ton of photos in 4 will probably see straight away.

Choc

Banned
Just finished the game. Got an early ms copy.

Game is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

Its not really a major spoiler just a comment about an end game race but yeah if you really don't want to know things dont highlight

that last race is just :O

sneaky77

Just finished the game. Got an early ms copy.

Game is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

Its not really a major spoiler just a comment about an end game race but yeah if you really don't want to know things dont highlight

that last race is just :O

already finished... damn man.

Top Bottom