• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

so does anyone know if you still need in game credits to use dlc cars?

Looks like it. This is from the description of the October Car Pack

This pack includes 6 new cars: 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione; 2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged; 2012 Lamborghini Aventador J; 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302; 2010 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider; 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. In-game credits or Tokens are required to add these cars to your career garage.

The girl and I are going to the Midnight launch tonight. We are both pretty stoked for the game and we love doing these nerdy things together.

Amazon will be delivering mine tomorrow. Can't wait. The cockpit view really sets this apart from other racing games that I'm used to playing. This will be my first Forza title.

M.W.

Super excited for tomorrow. This thread has also inspired me to go pick up a used copy of PGR4 ($3) at GS. lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone going to the midnight launch at gamestop? I'm expecting to be the only one...forever forzlone.

Didn't plan on originally, but I only live like 5minutes from my local store so why not. But yeah I don't expect a huge turnout unless anything else big is releasing.

Oh I know, I just wondered if you could change it.
That'd be nice. Burnout Paradise had great options for this. You could pick from a few different options on how fast you wanted the day/night cycle to be and even lock a particular time if you so desired. Pretty sure you could even set it to match your local time.

DD

fh17sqkk.jpg

Coldsnap

Amazon will be delivering mine tomorrow. Can't wait. The cockpit view really sets this apart from other racing games that I'm used to playing. This will be my first Forza title.

Yea exactly, the idea of a good cockpit view + open world makes this game sound so immersive.

Fox Mulder

Cockpit view is the best with these kinds of open world games. I loved Test Drive Unlimited, which had cockpit views before Forza actually.

Slightly confused... uploaded some pictures but I can't see them on the 'My Forza' section on forzamotorsport.net? All I can see is my Forza 4 content.

Does anybody know if they're splitting that out at all? Or will it be in the same space and I just have to wait until it's all live?

Forza 4 IBL was fine, the HDR was overdone again, skies and roads blow out and the darks are too fucking dark, all detail is lost.

This appears to be corrected on Horizon, I think the game's saturation needs turning down for a more realistic look but the lighting and contrast is very nice and quite natural for once.

How soon before all of her cars are purple?

I'm probably going to wait and let someone buy this for me for Christmas.

LOL, damn you got a crazy good memory. That is only when the kids are watching us play, we are sort of at their mercy then.

But we definitely need to get the ForzaGAF crew back together for some races!

Arucardo

There's really just one feature I wish the game had, a button or toggle to roll down the front windows for better stock engine sounds and for accelerating in tunnels :p . Can't wait for Friday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MS really needs to sort the add on new releases. If Forza or Rock Band have multiple releases, it should be the one cover art then you click on it and it goes into that specific games new dlc.

I will buy this though.
8p8zX.jpg

There's really just one feature I wish the game had, a button or toggle to roll down the front windows for better stock engine sounds and for accelerating in tunnels :p . Can't wait for Friday.

I feel ya man. I know it is stupid but I am just looking forward to cruising around the world and listening to my upgraded car as I occasionally accelerate around traffic. I find actual drives at night with the windows down incredibly relaxing (and fun in the M3) and so I am hoping this game can replicate that feel of just "playing" with your new car.

Seriously, how can I be so hyped about this game? I have wanted a well designed open world/road racer with sim physics for YEARS! All they need to do is add some more canyon runs, mountain climbs, industrial areas, freeways and a TXR battle system and I might never play another racer again.

I'm turning off the radio right when I start the game. The whole soundtrack just seems embarrassing mainstream music. I'm not saying any other racing games soundtrack was better though.

I want to turn it off too, but I need some confirmation on barn finds first. Do we HAVE to hear from the radio, or are there other options to find them?

Arucardo

I feel ya man. I know it is stupid but I am just looking forward to cruising around the world and listening to my upgraded car as I occasionally accelerate around traffic. I find actual drives at night with the windows down incredibly relaxing (and fun in the M3) and so I am hoping this game can replicate that feel of just "playing" with your new car.

Seriously, how can I be so hyped about this game? I have wanted a well designed open world/road racer with sim physics for YEARS! All they need to do is add some more canyon runs, mountain climbs, industrial areas, freeways and a TXR battle system and I might never play another racer again.

That is exactly what I did in TDU and what kept me playing it and it's probably the thing that keeps me playing this too.

I want to turn it off too, but I need some confirmation on barn finds first. Do we HAVE to hear from the radio, or are there other options to find them?

As far as I know it shows up as a "blob" on your map that gives a general location for the barn find.

Would like to know this too.

I'm just putting the finishing touches of my custom playlist - a mix of my own favorites along with some cherry picking from the Horizon playlist of tracks. But the explorer in me wants those barn finds, even though I think I'll find them all rather quickly if given the chance.

Xun

That'd be nice. Burnout Paradise had great options for this. You could pick from a few different options on how fast you wanted the day/night cycle to be and even lock a particular time if you so desired. Pretty sure you could even set it to match your local time.
It really did, yeah.

I don't think it would've been too hard to add to the game, but eh, I'm not complaining.

Anyway it's now time to continue with the demo again!

Quick question since it got lost in the sea of replies, are you able to be in more than one car club at once? I wanted to join ForzaGAF but a friend wants to do one too. Just wondering, thanks!

Awesome. I haven't turned on my xbox in months and I don't want to re up until there is a game I want to play.

I'm torn on this because I only played Forza 4 for like 2 hours because the MS wheel is no where near as nice as my G27 so I had trouble getting into it.

I'm hoping this will have just enough arcadiness to not care about the wheels shortcomings.

Quick question since it got lost in the sea of replies, are you able to be in more than one car club at once? I wanted to join ForzaGAF but a friend wants to do one too. Just wondering, thanks!

I am pretty sure you can't. I know you couldn't in Forza 4, so I am assuming you can't in this either.

hwy_61

Banned
I just realized Medal of Honor comes out tomorrow too. Now I really think I'll be the only one showing up for FH at my GameStop midnight launch. I'll be reppin GAF. Hard.

Top Bottom