• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Megasoum

Banned
One big flaw in some of these off road screenshots is that the road looks completely flat, no rocks, no kicked up stones, only some faint dust, limitations I know but for off road stuff a few stones being kicked up would have been most welcomed.

It's magic carpet 2.0 for me.

Forza always had pool table smooth surface. You never get any feel or bumps in any of the FM games.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
One big flaw in some of these off road screenshots is that the road looks completely flat, no rocks, no kicked up stones, only some faint dust, limitations I know but for off road stuff a few stones being kicked up would have been most welcomed.

It's magic carpet 2.0 for me.

I guess the Rally DLC stuff will look more like you want than the current dirt roads.

Dave_6

My storefront would not be complete without this... 1992 Monte Carlo Winner ;)

8112007460_edd6672fa4_z.jpg

8112007492_18fd3ac052_z.jpg

8111997827_59e29956c2_z.jpg

8111997719_2287d48518_z.jpg

8111997765_0c7148e223_z.jpg

8111997619_3ba8faab53_z.jpg

I'm getting this game just to use your liverys! :)

U2NUMB

Very excited my Best Buy is having a midnight opening for this. Gonna get home from work and crash.. sleep up for midnight.

saladine1

OK, the '86 Lancia S4 sounds amazing with it's twincharged I4 engine.
I didn't even know it was in the game.
You get to hear the supercharger whine, plus turbo spool plus BOV all at the same time. What a great and unique sound!

Oh, and the reverb effects when this car is in a tunnel or on a road with city buildings sounds amazing..echoes galore..

Yeah you're right, I've heard a lot of people saying that but I never bought the DLC. It's not exactly the norm for the other circuits though.

It was in Forza 4 too. T10 were said to have done another pass on all the tracks for F4 to add some bumps, you couldn't really tell though tbh..

TJP

uh the nuremberg gp circuit is bumpy as fuck.
I think Turn10 overdid the bumps because the same track is in Ferrari Virtual Academy however it's a laser scanned version and it's nowhere near as bumpy. Still, it was a nice change to the usual ultra smooth tracks usually found in Forza games.

RaceManIak

Neo Member
It was in Forza 4 too. T10 were said to have done another pass on all the tracks for F4 to add some bumps, you couldn't really tell though tbh..
Never tried the FM3 DLC, in FM4 the reaction on the bumps of the physics engine was not realistic, like Megasoum said Forza always had pool table physics

And sorry, I don't feel the road and elevation change in Horizon's demo with my wheel (Fanatec GT2). The best for that was Shift2.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Yeah you're right, I've heard a lot of people saying that but I never bought the DLC. It's not exactly the norm for the other circuits though.

It isn't even DLC in FM4.

Sebring is bumpy.

Nearly every track has significant bumps on them.

Contrary to popular belief, race tracks really are not all that rough in real life...

Hope not, drifting destroyed all our racing games since 5 years ! lol
I respect your opinion on it but I rather enjoyed working on a drift car in FM4 and drifting with friends online and would enjoy it again in horizon if its there. I can understand why they might not do it for this game though.

RaceManIak

Neo Member
I respect your opinion on it but I rather enjoyed working on a drift car in FM4 and drifting with friends online and would enjoy it again in horizon if its there. I can understand why they might not do it for this game though.

I don't like drifting, but I agree with you, the racing in FM4 was boring.

saladine1

I'm not a big fan of drifting but I do respect all forms of motorsport.

Unfortunately, I don't think Horizon has any kind of dedicated drifting events.
In the future, I would like to see this addressed.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm not a big fan of drifting but I do respect all forms of motorsport.

Unfortunately, I don't think Horizon has any kind of dedicated drifting events.
In the future, I would like to see this addressed.

I respect all forms of motorsports too but I just don't like when they force it into our games. Forza was fine (as far as I remember anyway) since it was just an optional thing you could play with in multiplayer.

A bad example of that would be Dirt 3 with the stupid Gymkhana bs.

Didn't think so but I figured I would ask on the off chance that it was. Don't knock it till you've tried it though, man. Makes for some very high tension races.

Horizon still sounds like a lot of fun, I'm definitely interested. I hope that US copies will work on a Japanese Xbox. I had to return my copy of FM4 because of that.

This! I was so hoping Horizon would steal that idea. Hell, I just want ANYONE to steal that idea. The TXR series is still the king in terms of how street races actually feel. I hope Horizon does well with that, but nothing since TXR has really matched how it feels to race against someone while screaming down the freeway. (Yes, I was stupid in my youth.)

The_Monk

I just arrived from my local store since they called me today to put my pre-order up of the Limited Edition and it seems I will be getting One DLC.

Shame I will not get the VW GOLF pre-order car... Love VW... =/

Now the wait. Today > tomorrow > Wednesday > Thursday > and then... AW YEAH (I hope...)

harrytang

Has anyone received notification from Microsoft store tgat their copy was shipped?

i havent yet, and the wait is killing me. Was thinking about picking this up at local Microsoft store, if they sell it, and then return my mail copy once it arrives. I'm cheap so i did the free shipping option, like 10 days. I dont think I can wait that long.

shinnn

Just found a copy today. It wasn't even registered in the store system so the guy had to sell as Max Payne 3. lol

Gek54

As long as they are 'borrowing' ideas from Codemasters, Dirt2's Gate Crasher event would fit well in this game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We did a huge update over at gamrrank.com for Forza - if you've played a lot of Forza in the past, or plan on playing a lot of Horizon now, there's goodies to be had. Here's a few beta keys if anyone wants to sign up there:

9FC6AB2DC8822E8813C9D6
9FC6AB2DC8857E5E9F744C
9FC6AB2DC885D47E43F295
9FC6AB2DC88662C9F26DAB
9FC6AB2DC8872AB39D1CF4

Let me know if you grab one. Here's what our medals for Forza are look like:

8Q5yY.png

Megasoum

Banned
So, since my fanatec wheel is broken and they have the world's slowest shipping departement I probably won't have my new CSR for another month. I decided to take my old MS Wheel out of the closet to try it out...

Not sure if I like it more than the pad. The pedals are so terrible and the wheel so small!

noiseman

Neo Member
This game looks gorgeous. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off or remove the neverending line of guide arrows on the road that show the "optimal route"? They are such a distraction to me. Thanks,

This game looks gorgeous. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off or remove the neverending line of guide arrows on the road that show the "optimal route"? They are such a distraction to me. Thanks,

Yeah the arrows, satnav voice and all HUD elements can be switched off.

Fox Mulder

Anyone going to the midnight launch at gamestop? I'm expecting to be the only one...forever forzlone.

why do they even do midnight releases for stuff like this? This will be a great game and all, but it's not a halo, cod, gta, or madden.

I did just pay it off in full at gamestop after work though. The MS store deal sounds nice, but I don't want to wait until next week to get it. Out of the preorder cars, the Ferrari is the one I'd want the most anyways.

why do they even do midnight releases for stuff like this? This will be a great game and all, but it's not a halo, cod, gta, or madden.
Getting my copy delivered to work on release day as I don't do midnight launches, but I'd think a lot of people are very hyped for this. Its the one game I've looked forward to most this year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sometimes employees are SUPER excited for it and manage to talk their managers into it. It's not a company-wide mandate.

Top Bottom