• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

If you go to the Add-Ons for the game, they're listed as 240 points. Was going to get the Season Pass anyway.

But its 400 points for the whole October Pack, so the pricing is strange.

I put some of my rally paints on the storefront, if anyone has the game go ahead and pick what you like, will upload more tomorrow.

CHeers, HD

Spy

The last time I invested myself in a racer was either back when Burnout Revenge or Project Gotham Racing 3 came out. Since then I sold my Xbox 360 but have a new one coming on November 6th. I wasn't much of a fan of Gran Turismo 5 and Burnout Paradise didn't grab me like Revenge did. This seems perfect to get back in the mix.

My storefront would not be complete without this... 1992 Monte Carlo Winner ;)

8112007460_edd6672fa4_z.jpg

8112007492_18fd3ac052_z.jpg

8111997827_59e29956c2_z.jpg

8111997719_2287d48518_z.jpg

8111997765_0c7148e223_z.jpg

8111997619_3ba8faab53_z.jpg

Phinor

This is slightly (just slightly!) offtopic but has anyone tried PGR4 with a Fanatec wheel? Are wheels supported properly in that game? I tried googling a bit and found one comment saying that the wheel support is basically non-existent and that there's a huge deadzone in the middle but couple of other comments mentioned that PGR4 has proper wheel support. So anyone happen to have first-hand experience? Maybe even compared to Forza wheel support?

I'd try it myself but my PGR4 case is umm, empty. I've no idea what happened to the actual disc.

GlamFM

Banned
Haven't updated my Xbox in forever. I recall 2 dashboard updates coming out in that time.

I play more rivals then anything else.

Could the story/single player be done without dashboard updates etc?

I guess. They can't exclude people who never connected their Xbox to the Internet right?

The last time I invested myself in a racer was either back when Burnout Revenge or Project Gotham Racing 3 came out. Since then I sold my Xbox 360 but have a new one coming on November 6th. I wasn't much of a fan of Gran Turismo 5 and Burnout Paradise didn't grab me like Revenge did. This seems perfect to get back in the mix.

If you missed out on PGR4, soon you'll be a very happy person indeed.

This is slightly (just slightly!) offtopic but has anyone tried PGR4 with a Fanatec wheel? Are wheels supported properly in that game? I tried googling a bit and found one comment saying that the wheel support is basically non-existent and that there's a huge deadzone in the middle but couple of other comments mentioned that PGR4 has proper wheel support. So anyone happen to have first-hand experience? Maybe even compared to Forza wheel support?

I'd try it myself but my PGR4 case is umm, empty. I've no idea what happened to the actual disc.
If you set it at 270 it performs like the MS wheel.

And on another note why the hell dont they have PGR 3 or 4 on the games on demand?

RawNuts

Really enjoying this game so far; it fills quite a different desire than what you would go to the previous Forza titles for, but does so wonderfully.

Going to buy the hell out of this when I boot up Horizon again.

Thanks for accepting my club request as well.

Shaneus

Buy yourself 4. And wonder why you ever sold your 360 :)

And on another note why the hell dont they have PGR 3 or 4 on the games on demand?
Well, I know the HDD loading on PGR4 caused sound issues because (I guess) the game streamed too quickly or something. In-game sound was okay (I think) but all the menu music was jumpy. I don't recall the load times being that much better, either.

It sucks, because I'd totally buy it on GoD just so I don't have to put a disc in the drive to play it.

Almost have a million credits now. Love this game <3
Sweet... so no more grinding a la FM4?

Yes, PGR4 has a lot of sound problems when installed on the HDD, both with the music and the car sounds, when having more than one car on the track. So we will never see it on GoD, sadly. As mentioned by Shaneus, that would make it a lot easier to play, now and then.

Shaneus

So it looks like there's no Celica in there. At all. Well, doesn't that just suck?

I await people crying foul when a good portion of the cars are copypasta'd into FH from FM4 while being charged a decent amount for the privilege.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hoho I had no idea this had the Mini in it! The one car I have been wanting and begging for since Forza 2. Hype went from 40% to 1000%, cannot wait until Friday now.

They'd better have that fucking Celica in there.

You know the score. I will be spending too much time just burning around Horizon in the Delta. I did ask the question in the thread earlier (? I think) if the Celica was in, just checked car list to confirm it's not. The Stratos will do but it wont be the same otherwise.

Shaneus

You know the score. I will be spending too much time just burning around Horizon in the Delta. I did ask the question in the thread earlier (? I think) if the Celica was in, just checked car list to confirm it's not. The Stratos will do but it wont be the same otherwise.
Yeah, unfortunately do :( I just thought it would've been an obvious choice, given it's rally pedigree. Unless it's maybe included in the rally pack (I think that has both cars and the rally mode, doesn't it?) but if I get N&Ded into buying the exact same cars across both games... man, I will not be impressed.

Thanks for the response re: on disk updates etc. I can now at least be excited that when my net does come back on I should have the story complete and be ready to lay down some times in rivals.

amar212

You can't actually compare any pre-Forza 3 force feedback effects for driving games on X360 and later.

Majority of pre-Forza 3 driving games were using very basic version of Xinput-FFB profiler where FFB was derived only from rumble effects from controller-API and made to fit the Microsoft FFB wheel (and Logitech FX model of that time).

I played PGR3, PGR4, RacePro, Forza 2 and Forza 3 with that wheel - it was the only proper X360 wheel back then - and it was good as it could be, because there was no better one.

When FM3 released, Microsoft obviously ramped-up the Xinput API, because FFB effects on FM3 were nice step forward from all previous driving games on X360. However, all other "older" games does not use that "newer" FFB/Xinput API, thus you will never achieve strong FFB (as you can on all recent games, such as Forza 4, Horizon, F1 2011/2012..) because those games does not have an API-functionality needed for such.

I do not know which Fanatec model you have (either GT2, CSR or Elite) but there are also some significant differences on way they deliver FFB for X360 games. For instance, due to its very, very heavy central-part, GT2 model has very weak feel of FFB for all those alder games, because actual weight of the wheel *dampens* majority of FFB effects which were much more *noticeable* on extremely light MS FFB wheel.

As Soundscream well said, main thing is to force 270-degree sensitivity through whell-OSD and ramp up FFB and vibration to max. However, do not expect a sensation even close to one delivered by recent games. For all those older games I would always recommend original MS FFB wheel (unfortunately, I sold mine, today I wish I haven't strictly because of that) because its lightness is the key to good feel of FFB (even *lighter* Fanatec models CSR/CSRE are significantly *heavier* than MSFFBW and they also dampen majority of FFB thought their weight-inertia).

DD

Guys, stop complaining about the piss filter in Forza Horizon. There's no such thing in the game.

*This* is piss filter.

The yellowish tone you see on Horizon is only present on the sunsets and sunrises. In the middle of the day the game looks gloriously normal.

I have yet to play a game with better weather effects than PGR4!

Pay day this week, Horizon will be mine!!

Dirt 3 has better weather effects, IMHO. But PGR4 is a beast and a much much better game...

The_Monk

My local store called me today and it seems I have to renew my Pre-Order so I can have my Limited Edition which means I need to get there asap.

At least it seems I will have this Limited Edition to join big brother Forza 4 LE.

Still have to wait until Friday however... :(

GlamFM

Banned
My local store called me today and it seems I have to renew my Pre-Order so I can have my Limited Edition which means I need to get there asap.

At least it seems I will have this Limited Edition to join big brother Forza 4 LE.

Still have to wait until Friday however... :(

I found a store which will sell it on wednesday here in Germany. Early reviews are a good thing - but they make waiting for a game even more painful.

The_Monk

I found a store which will sell it on wednesday here in Germany. Early reviews are a good thing - but they make waiting for a game even more painful.

That and those amazing Photos in here but to be honest If I get it on Friday it will be great for the weekend. I really do hope I can get at least ONE Car as Pre-Order DLC but I'm not sure... let's wait and see.

That and those amazing Photos in here but to be honest If I get it on Friday it will be great for the weekend. I really do hope I can get at least ONE Car as Pre-Order DLC but I'm not sure... let's wait and see.

Doubt ill get any dlc either, im blockbuster in store.

I just want to say that I hate you all. The wait is becoming unbearable with all these awesome pics! I will be picking it up tonight and midnight and then going to bed at some horribly irresponsible hour.

GlamFM

Banned
I just want to say that I hate you all. The wait is becoming unbearable with all these awesome pics! I will be picking it up tonight and midnight and then going to bed at some horribly irresponsible hour.

I know how you feel man. Hope to pick up my copy on wednesday. ( LCE btw, I´ve decided to go all in with this game. )

One big flaw in some of these off road screenshots is that the road looks completely flat, no rocks, no kicked up stones, only some faint dust, limitations I know but for off road stuff a few stones being kicked up would have been most welcomed.

It's magic carpet 2.0 for me.

Top Bottom