• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Boom. Final race was a bit disappointing. Now about a million more events to do. :p

screenshot2012-10-22avosfu.png

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
How much playtime did that take you? You must have hammered it.

Dunno, in-game clock is one of those annoying 'time driven' things, rather than 'time played', it says 10hrs but I would say it's probably like 20-30 hours?

My Game Progress is only 43%. Still a billion things to do.

Dunno, in-game clock is one of those annoying 'time driven' things, rather than 'time played', it says 10hrs but I would say it's probably like 20-30 hours?

My Game Progress is only 43%. Still a billion things to do.

Time driving at 10 hours is pretty good I'd say. You could borrow it to me until Friday if you wish? Ha

My in game progress will be very lack lister due to me just cruising day and night.

FUUUUUU

Got tracking number from MS Store, but it isn't showing up on the UPS website.

Better come tomorrow, or I'll be pissed.

Played the demo again but this time with the speed wheel, dropped the max angle to 70% and it feels really good to drive around with, the game fully supports it and the tips glow brighter green the higher revs your car is doing, really cool effect on the wheel.

shinnn

Played for about 2 hours. Enjoyed everything so far. There's a lot of commentaries between musics, and it is very enjoyable imo. It really feels like a radio station.

j140snwaeOATy.jpg

jY1SDCJqJ31mH.jpg

jbgvXFbxyP565D.jpg

jbldsw3XtNFtx5.jpg

jEf22yYFPzZn4.jpg

j9LnTvCxEirqR.jpg

j4YkE34g3C1bj.jpg

jGSZFBwbQtnVc.jpg

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
This is the first game I've seen to include no manual at all. Just has the game safety stuff printed on the inside of the case.

This is the first game I've seen to include no manual at all. Just has the game safety stuff printed on the inside of the case.

You must not be buying many games then. Many don't come with manuals, but simply link to the online location of the manual, or like EA games include the manual directly from the in-game menu. I much prefer the EA of doing it. I love being able to access it from the pause menu.

Look, my tracking number got updated, and it says

"UPS Ground"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Never again, MS store

If you chose free shipping what did you expect? It says 3-7 day shipping. 7 days is the maximum number of days it takes to ship something within all 50 states.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Is this the first game you've got that had next to nothing inside? It's been happening for a few years now.

Yup. I've had plenty that contained a single sheet, but never nothing. Felt wrong lol.

On the topic.. this game is good. Also the subtitles are way out of sync.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
FUUUUUU

Got tracking number from MS Store, but it isn't showing up on the UPS website.

Better come tomorrow, or I'll be pissed.

Mine is sitting somewhere in New Jersey right now. I'll probably have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday. :|

If you chose free shipping what did you expect? It says 3-7 day shipping. 7 days is the maximum number of days it takes to ship something within all 50 states.

Mine is sitting somewhere in New Jersey right now. I'll probably have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday. :|

The thing is, everyone I asked who ordered from the MS store and ordered with UPS ground got Next Day Air. Hell, someone on CAG said their Forza Horizon order was Next Day Air.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The thing is, everyone I asked who ordered from the MS store and ordered with UPS ground got Next Day Air. Hell, someone on CAG said their Forza Horizon order was Next Day Air.

i havent even gotten a shipping confirmation

It depends on how far you are from the warehouse Microsoft ships from. Amazon works the same exact way.

Still on the fence with this. I'm getting Most Wanted for sure. I enjoyed the Horizon demo but all the videos
I've seen I see cars that crash into guard rails. It's like the cars are too heavy or the controls are sluggish?
I've crashed in the demo so I'm not saying I'm a great driver.

Question, Is buying the limited edition the only way to get the R8?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I pre-ordered from Best Buy a while back and they shipped it last week. It's kinda funny how it seems like just sat there for a day.

After watching a review from Inside Sim Racing, I think I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to trade-in Forza 4 and pick up Forza Horizon. Not sure if I should just get Horizon or do the B2G1 and sell off the other two games.

After watching a review from Inside Sim Racing, I think I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to trade-in Forza 4 and pick up Forza Horizon. Not sure if I should just get Horizon or do the B2G1 and sell off the other two games.

Is that the video with the two older guys that play racing games in pro setups? I liked their coverage of the game, but apparently they give every game that they get for free a 9.

Shaneus

Is that the video with the two older guys that play racing games in pro setups? I liked their coverage of the game, but apparently they give every game that they get for free a 9.
I'm not sure about every game, but I know they gave F1 2012 a good review.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm not sure about every game, but I know they gave F1 2012 a good review.

FYI they said openly that Codemasters gave them a 360 debug kit a couple of years ago (which they'ere not supposed to do btw) and, weirdly enough, they've been giving good scores to every Cody games since.

Yeah, it's those guys. In the Forza Horizon review, one of the reviewers actually mentions that it seems like he gives every game a 9, but goes on to say Forza Horizon truly deserves it.

Shaneus

"Oh, I know we give games high ratings all the time, but this time we really mean it. Honest."
Great way to do reviews, guys.

"Oh, I know we give games high ratings all the time, but this time we really mean it. Honest."
Great way to do reviews, guys.

Yeah, that part made me cringe after finding out about their policy of bagging on companies that don't give them free stuff. The other 30 minutes of the video is really good though.

Man I need to get used to racing games again.

That dodge viper from the start of the game had me sliding all over the road.

Same with that mustang you race the plane with.

pax217

Trying to resist picking it up after midterms tomorrow... probably won't resist. See you online tomorrow afternoon, GAF.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but as pointed out in threads at FM.net and Forzacentral, there's apparently a hidden STM assist in the game that is enabled unless you select "Expert" difficulty first in the difficulty settings, and then adjust the sub-options to your liking. For pad users, it's also suggested to turn the inner steering deadzone to 0, (default is 24).

I gave this a shot last night, (all assists off), and it definitely improved the feel of the game, particularly with the Viper, which previously had some unexpected understeer and seemed to break traction randomly. Now it rotates more naturally and feels more progressive and predictable. The Evo X, too, feels better on the dirt course, although the difference isn't quite as noticeable as with the Viper, no doubt due to its AWD.

Horizon doesn't have the heft or nuance of FM4's unassisted handling, but it's in a league of its own among games of this ilk.

How do you know if you did this correctly? I don't see an actual STM option.

Top Bottom