• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Bgamer90

Banned
Holy shit my copy from the MS store is already out for delivery! Should be getting it today! Not bad for free '3-7 day' delivery!

Oh wow... I just checked mines as well. Looks like I may get it today too.

I also got free "3-7 day" shipping.

Forza Horizon, 1600 MS points, $10 in store credit, and release day delivery all for $60... We made out. :)

sneaky77

The ingame settings or on the wheel itself?

If its the game settings are you turning the Xbox on from the wheel because this boots into a 270 degree mode I've read.
on the wheel itself.

I usually turn the xbox on with controller then turn controller off and turn wheel on. is that the right process?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
eh hem. nevermind, assumed i'd get a shipping confirmation email, but just checked the site today - should be here this afternoon too :)

DD

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

i am so tempted to pick this up today, problem is I am definitely getting NFSMW and i wont have time for 2 racing games especially with Black Ops around the corner

Fox Mulder

Oh wow... I just checked mines as well. Looks like I may get it today too.

I also got free "3-7 day" shipping.

Forza Horizon, 1600 MS points, $10 in store credit, and release day delivery all for $60... We made out. :)

Damn, I was thinking of doing this but I didn't want to wait a week for it. MS should have said they had free release day shipping.

amar212

I usually turn the xbox on with controller then turn controller off and turn wheel on. is that the right process?

You should turn Xbox on manually (power button) and wait until dashboard to boot, then turn the wheel on manually (on the wheel) and be sure to proper have S_X setting (one with XB profiled settings) on "---" menu before booting the wheel to XB mode.

Have no idea what controller does, all I know is I still officially hate Microsoft for the stupid Xinput limitations and fact I can't easily use wheel/controller during gameplay.

Main fact why I equally skip on both Livery and Photomode in Forza games for years now.

sneaky77

You should turn Xbox on manually (power button) and wait until dashboard to boot, then turn the wheel on manually (on the wheel) and be sure to proper have S_X setting (one with XB profiled settings) on "---" menu before booting the wheel to XB mode.

Have no idea what controller does, all I know is I still officially hate Microsoft for the stupid Xinput limitations and fact I can't easily use wheel/controller during gameplay.

Main fact why I equally skip on both Livery and Photomode in Forza games for years now.

ok ill give that a shot

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I've had it since Saturday. Finished the 'story' yesterday, mopped up all remaining Festival Events today.

Still got two more barn finds, 10 more discount boards... about 25 street races and all of the Outpost PR events.

then on to the good times of just free roaming :)

prophecy0

Rather than pay $4 for one day shipping on Amazon, I decided to just use my standard two day shipping with Amazon Prime. At worst, I thought the game may get here on Wednesday.

Amazon hasn't even shipped it yet! I might just end up buying the game locally...

On my capture card I adjusted the contrast and brightness a tiny bit and the game looks much nicer, it helps make the lighting pop out instead of looking really flat like most screenshots taken here.

Also went back to forza 4 and everything is more vibrant just enough to look a lot nicer, horizon just feels flat even at night time.

Only on the very first Race to the Festival with Darius. And that is just to make it "interesting." After that race there is NO rubber banding.

Haha, and this was enough to make some whiners cry about the awful rubber banding. People never cease to amaze me.

or so they claim

If the demo is a microcosm of the full game, they claim correctly. There's no rubber banding going on in the demo.

zorbsie

Started up the game this morning to see if I got my loyalty cars. Nothing. Hopefully when I get home tonight I'll have more messages for gift cars. I did get the viper from the demo gifted to me and a Saleen Raptor. Also have 99 of the upgrade signs down. If anyone wants to do some multiplayer free roam tonight I can show you some of the trickier ones to get. I played the crap out of this game over the weekend. Did all the PR events, driven on all roads and according to the game I'm 64% complete.

Checked out some multiplayer free roam with a friend. Some nice relaxing challenges to do with people with some really tough ones mixed in that will need 8 players. But the cash is totally worth it, like 50k for driving a lambo across the map.

I have my game and clearly LCE stands for Lamest Collector´s Edition. I payed 105 dollars and doesnt even includes a manual!
Step up your game MS/Turn10/PG , i will not buy another "LCE" like this ever again. Halo´s collector´s edition is amazing, why we cant have something like that?

img0923uq.jpg

Now im going to enjoy the game.

Popped into Game to see what the chances of them selling early was (none) and how to claim the bonus car.

I thought it was the 458 Italia for Horizon but the card says Forza 4, the bonus car should have been the SLS?

8gY5t.jpg

saladine1

I was absolutely flying in my Lambo, going at over 350k's when all of a sudden BAM!..was stopped dead in my tracks by a fucking plant!

Rather than pay $4 for one day shipping on Amazon, I decided to just use my standard two day shipping with Amazon Prime. At worst, I thought the game may get here on Wednesday.

Amazon hasn't even shipped it yet! I might just end up buying the game locally...
You should get free release day shipping with prime for this? I know my copy should be here later today. When did you order?

I dont know what im going to do with that booster pack in the LCE. I dont think I want to use it.

Edit: RX7 driving at sundown..................headlights pop up

homer_drool_1.gif

Top Bottom