• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

screenshot2012-10-23ajqlly.png

And still the DJ has not told me two barn locations... :-/

The developers are punishing you for what you did in our first ForzaGaf race.

Dat Focus!

Megasoum

Banned
Popped into Game to see what the chances of them selling early was (none) and how to claim the bonus car.

I thought it was the 458 Italia for Horizon but the card says Forza 4, the bonus car should have been the SLS?

8gY5t.jpg

You're lucky... I just came back from Future Shop up here in Montreal and the guy told me that they never received the pre-order bonus codes...so now I'm screwed... Since it's a pre-order I can't go buy the game in a different store instead.

It's pissing me off...arghh I wanted the 458 so much!

G-Pink

Just picked the game up and threw a request to join the GAF Club. Really enjoying it so far, trying to decide between chase cam and cockpit. Look forward to playing online with you guys.

You're lucky... I just came back from Future Shop up here in Montreal and the guy told me that they never received the pre-order bonus codes...so now I'm screwed... Since it's a pre-order I can't go buy the game in a different store instead.

It's pissing me off...arghh I wanted the 458 so much!

Maybe Helios or Jube could help, providing you have proof of purchase.

If this code isn't for Horizon I'm gonna ask them too.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The weather is awful where I live at the moment. Not sure if it is worth the risk for today to go pick it up. Stupid snow!

saladine1

3 straight hours of this game, my eyes are watering and I'll have to take a break. X_x

lol.

There's some really good 'rally' sections in this game.

I suggest to those who haven't already done it yet, change the handbrake deadzone to zero for instant initiation. This helps for those tight corners..

prophecy0

You should get free release day shipping with prime for this? I know my copy should be here later today. When did you order?

I pre-ordered on Sunday, but they weren't offering release day shipping when I checked mid-last week. The only option was to pay $4 for release day shipping. Maybe I pre-ordered too late.

Oh well, I picked up a copy at Best Buy during my lunch break. I'll end up returning the extra game either to Best Buy or Amazon.

Megasoum

Banned
Crap...I just found out that the smartglass app will be Win8 (computer and phone/tablet) exclusive until next year when they'll finally release it on iOS/Android.... This is fucking stupid. This thing will never catch on if they do that.

Fuck me sideways, this game is an absolute riot. Weaving through traffic at 160 mph in a 430 Scud, scoring near misses left, right and center, stringing together drifts, and maintaining a 40,000+ point multiplier... goddamn.

zorbsie

What sorts of added functionality would be added through smartglass? Getting a window phone 8 next month so I'm interested?

Megasoum

Banned
What sorts of added functionality would be added through smartglass? Getting a window phone 8 next month so I'm interested?

Nobody know for sure but the theory is that you will have access to a multi touch version of the map and probably be able to set waypoint on the phone/tablet directly.

Just got my copy from the MS store. Good news is, it was fast! Bad news is, didn't come with the 1600 point card so now I'm online with their customer support while the game installs. As long as it gets resolved I can't be too salty, I'm still shocked it came today.

Just got my copy from the MS store. Good news is, it was fast! Bad news is, didn't come with the 1600 point card so now I'm online with their customer support while the game installs. As long as it gets resolved I can't be too salty, I'm still shocked it came today.

Point card came in an email for Dishonored/Fable games I got earlier. I think on Wednesday

It was a promo code that you used to order the point card from the store. Kind of a run around but it worked.

saladine1

You know, i'm fine with no tuning in this game, but if there was just one tuning adjustment I would LOVE to have, it would be the GEAR RATIOS. Some cars just take too damn long to reach top speed and the acceleration is just too damn slow..

Point card came in an email for Dishonored/Fable games I got earlier. I think on Wednesday
Yeah I don't think I ever got that email. Can you do me a favor and check to see what account it came from? Was it 'Microsoft Store Support' ?

Edit: oh wait so how long did it take to get that email? Was it after the game came?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hooray, my copy is out for delivery.

Bad News is I'm still at work. :(

But hey, I would like an invite to the car club, GT is the same as my user name.

Yeah I don't think I ever got that email. Can you do me a favor and check to see what account it came from? Was it ' Microsoft Store Support' ?

Came from Microsoft Store, not Microsoft Store Support. And they came the day after the game came out, so we should get them tomorrow if it follows similar timing.

Email subject "Your Dishonored for Xbox 360 pre-order offer codes"
Contained code to order points card and the code for the $10 credit.

Is the GAF car club invite only? If so can I get an invite too? GT is Neuromancer. Thanks.

Came from Microsoft Store, not Microsoft Store Support. And they came the day after the game came out, so we should get them tomorrow if it follows similar timing.

Email subject "Your Dishonored for Xbox 360 pre-order offer codes"
Contained code to order points card and the code for the $10 credit.
Oh OK thanks.

H3RTZ and Zorbsie are the Leaders of the ForzaGAF club right now and I don't think it is invite only. So you just have to search for it [GAF] and then request to be a member. One of them should be able to hook you up.

zorbsie

I'm at work now so can't approve anyone right now. But Shortt is right just send a request and it will be approved shortly. Speaking of car club we doing any racing/free roaming tonight?

RS4-

I'm at work now so can't approve anyone right now. But Shortt is right just send a request and it will be approved shortly. Speaking of car club we doing any racing/free roaming tonight?

I might have to run you off the road then talk shit at the next gaf meetup.

I should be around tonight for some racing.

Started up the game this morning to see if I got my loyalty cars. Nothing. Hopefully when I get home tonight I'll have more messages for gift cars. I did get the viper from the demo gifted to me and a Saleen Raptor.

Have you still not received your loyalty cars? I wonder if something is going on because I got mine almost as soon as I started playing last night. Maybe fire up Forza 4 and check the save or something?

Haha sorry

If it makes you feel any better seems the servers are down right now, I can't check messages or join the GAF car club. Anyone else having this issue?

Fox Mulder

Crap...I just found out that the smartglass app will be Win8 (computer and phone/tablet) exclusive until next year when they'll finally release it on iOS/Android.... This is fucking stupid. This thing will never catch on if they do that.

Haha, this is the same company that made halo 2 on pc a vista exclusive when no one had it.

zorbsie

Haha sorry

If it makes you feel any better seems the servers are down right now, I can't check messages or join the GAF car club. Anyone else having this issue?

I was having some server issues last night. It was down for about an hour or so.

Shortt Sirket said:
Have you still not received your loyalty cars? I wonder if something is going on because I got mine almost as soon as I started playing last night. Maybe fire up Forza 4 and check the save or something?
I did that yesterday. Save seemed fine. Level 170, all my cars were there. It's strange, I was able to load up my vinyl groups just fine in Horizon. Maybe tonight I'll get the notification.

M0dus can you make your car design for the Subaru WRX STi? I don't know how hard it is to port from one car to another but I'd sure appreciate it, that design is awesome!

frogg609

At work. Have a dinner meeting with a 3rd party vendor tonight after work.

Copy is sitting at my front door.

Hurry up I want to play!

ttocs

Sweet. Just checked Amazon and saw the "sitting at front door" update. Counting the minutes until I can leave now.

Megasoum

Banned
I got my copy at lunch from Futureshop here in Canada. They offered it with a Steelcase. I think it looks really kick ass. Just sucks that they guy didn't had any pre-order bonus codes... I'm so pissed that I won't get the 458... anyway, here's the pics.

steelcase1lkaxe.jpeg

steelcase2peysv.jpeg

Top Bottom