• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

The_Monk

As someone who love Stellbooks more than anything else -Gaming physical goodies related- I must say that I would love to get that one, very pretty.

Can't wait to get out of work and run to Best Buy, buy 2 get 1 free FTW! Dishonored and Borderlands 2 will have to wait on my shelf for a while though.

If I turn off the radio DJ will I still get the barn locations?

From what I understand, yes. The barn find info comes from the main girl over the radio she talks to you on and not the car radio.

Which is great as that means I can finally turn off all the music!

Edit: CURSE YOU ZORBS!!!

This has to be made, so I made it:

8116964817_6538c285cf_b.jpg

8116965081_4b91d9648a_b.jpg

I'm honestly having to force myself to do Festival races; it's simply way too much fun just cruising the roadways and taking in the amazing scenery. The Horizon organizer has been coming in on the Bluetooth and nagging me to do more races, and I'm all like: "All in due time, dammit! IS SPACEMAN SPIFF GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH!!1!"

This game is a fucking treat.

Got my copy at lunch - really excited to play. But it's kind of a bummer the packaging is so skimpy. And the inside of the cover is so ugly. Fortunately the game itself is really pretty.

I got my copy at lunch from Futureshop here in Canada. They offered it with a Steelcase. I think it looks really kick ass. Just sucks that they guy didn't had any pre-order bonus codes... I'm so pissed that I won't get the 458... anyway, here's the pics.

steelcase1lkaxe.jpeg

steelcase2peysv.jpeg

wow nice case, the steelbook in the UK is black with the forza 3 logo all over it in light grey.

So many good things never make it everywhere.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I got my copy at lunch from Futureshop here in Canada. They offered it with a Steelcase. I think it looks really kick ass. Just sucks that they guy didn't had any pre-order bonus codes... I'm so pissed that I won't get the 458... anyway, here's the pics.

steelcase2peysv.jpeg

Give me.

I picked up Forza Horizon, Assassins Creed 3, and Halo 4 at Best Buy. Got Forza Horizon for free because of the B2G1 sale. I did trade in Forza 4, though. I will probably regret it later.

Anyway, Horizon is installing now!

I have my game and clearly LCE stands for Lamest Collector´s Edition. I payed 105 dollars and doesnt even includes a manual!
Step up your game MS/Turn10/PG , i will not buy another "LCE" like this ever again. Halo´s collector´s edition is amazing, why we cant have something like that?

img0923uq.jpg

Now im going to enjoy the game.

I have mine in the post right now but that is indeed the most barebones £60 I have ever seen, even if the game is good and you get a steel case can it get any more plain then that?

My favourate of the forza LE's is the Forza 2 one, you get a nice shiney carbon textured box with the game and a huge driving manual and it still looks really nice today.

amar212

By the way, this game is gorgeous. I think it's easily unseating TDU1 as my favorite open world racing game.

Interesting, I was having a debate over that few hours ago.

To be honest, not in my book. Yes, it is technicaly gorgeous, yes it has better physics, yes it has better selection of cars and plethora of tidbits...

..but first TDU still remains the best in my book. Horizon has the potential to be better, but it lacks in few areas to actually become it. Great game absolutely, but it would need some serious upgrading in design and features area to overthrown the legend IMO

I don't normally like the hipster crap in real life, but it works in this game. It makes Forza feel like a game. I'm even enjoying the music for the most part. The gameplay pushes all the right buttons for me. It's real enough to challenge me, but also feels arcadey. I really want a good Halo 4 car design to drive around in. Just driving the roads and not getting involved in races is so much fun. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a racing game this much.

AirBrian

I don't normally like the hipster crap in real life, but it works in this game. It makes Forza feel like a game. I'm even enjoying the music for the most part. The gameplay pushes all the right buttons for me. It's real enough to challenge me, but also feels arcadey. I really want a good Halo 4 car design to drive around in. Just driving the roads and not getting involved in races is so much fun. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a racing game this much.

Burnout: Paradise was also very fun just driving around, but of course, it's a completely different kind of arcade feeling.

That said, it's almost time to get home and get playing!

Burnout: Paradise was also very fun just driving around, but of course, it's a completely different kind of arcade feeling.

That said, it's almost time to get home and get playing!

I hated BP. Just did not enjoy it one bit. Didn't help that I thought the city was poorly designed and not remotely scenic. Criterion is more concerned with crashing cars than in driving them. It's a turnoff.

The lack of aftermarket manufacturer decals really bums me out, especially since I don't have Gold :( But I guess it was that sparse in Forza 4 too, right?

haikira

Just checking. Are the Pre order DLC cars confirmed to be available to everyone else, at some point? Tempted to pre order, as it's still not out here in the UK. But trying to be frugal with AC3 and Halo 4 around the corner.

Pvax

Neo Member
what will the smartglass app be used for in forza?

Sounds mainly like an interactive version of the map that you can use to set GPS etc...

Sounds cool, kind of sad they aren't releasing SmartGlass to all devices on the 26th now that there is a game that can use it! :(

ManeKast

So I bought this yesterday, got it home to my (third) 360, cannot read disc, plays gears of war 3, swapped discs, no love.

I'm done with the 360. Hope this gets release on another system one day it looks great.

Orca

So I bought this yesterday, got it home to my (third) 360, cannot read disc, plays gears of war 3, swapped discs, no love.

I'm done with the 360. Hope this gets release on another system one day it looks great.

Sounds like a problem with the disc, not the 360.

Megasoum

Banned
Sounds mainly like an interactive version of the map that you can use to set GPS etc...

Sounds cool, kind of sad they aren't releasing SmartGlass to all devices on the 26th now that there is a game that can use it! :(

"Explore and interact with the complete map of the Forza Horizon game world through intuitive gestures on your tablet or mobile device while seamlessly playing the game on your TV screen. No pausing required - keep the pedal down no matter where your destination lies."

I cant seem to find a video of it being used.

Anyway you will need Windows 8 and or a Windows 8 phone/tablet to use it. The iOS and Android version of the app are not coming out until next year. Nice little fuck you from Microsoft...ugh

This practice of not including a paper manual is horrible and should be abolished.

Haha yeah, I nearly went back to into the store to tell the lady she forgot to put the manual in the case. But then I noticed all the health warnings and stuff printed on the back of the cover and realized there wasn't a manual at all.

Top Bottom