• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Wonko_C

Traded in 3 games and got more than enough credit to get this game. :) I "accidentally" sent a request to join the club (pushed A when I meant to push the Guide button, how does that happen?).

The scenery in this game reminds me a lot of the movie RV (EDIT: Duh! guess where they spend part of the movie). I thought this game was going to be all rocks and canyons, and even those are very good-looking. Only thing missing is some rain and weather effects.

Megasoum

Banned
If you have any other contacts might be best to hit them up right now, I'm out of the office all week for #EscapeTheGrid so won't be able to really look into things until I return next week.

Hmm good question lol. Jube can you help? I don't know anybody from T10/MS lol. I tried going through the retailer's CS but no luck.

Fox Mulder

Interesting, I was having a debate over that few hours ago.

To be honest, not in my book. Yes, it is technicaly gorgeous, yes it has better physics, yes it has better selection of cars and plethora of tidbits...

..but first TDU still remains the best in my book. Horizon has the potential to be better, but it lacks in few areas to actually become it. Great game absolutely, but it would need some serious upgrading in design and features area to overthrown the legend IMO

Yeah, this game is great and I'm having fun, but the first TDU really nailed a bunch of this stuff and it came out at the beginning of the gen. It may have had worse physics, but it also didn't have MS resources or 6 years of graphical advancement. I immediately miss the always online multiplayer that was in TDU. I think Hawaii offers up a better variety of scenery as well. It has mountain, rural country, city, highway, and beach side roads.

Now for a forza game, this is a great change of tone for the franchise, which was feeling sterile as shit. I'm sure Forza 5 will still be void of life, but I'll take the wubs, fireworks, and variety of events in a great racing game.

Man, the girl started to tell me about a barn find and I got distracted and didn't hit the button in time. Now I can't get it to show up again...how screwed am I? Lol

ShogunX

Man, the girl started to tell me about a barn find and I got distracted and didn't hit the button in time. Now I can't get it to show up again...how screwed am I? Lol

Happened to me and I just brought up the map and there was a faint circle outline still showing the potential location of the barn.

Waste of trees, ink and oil.

I could not disagree more, newspapers are a waste of trees, ink and oil, gossip magazines are too, a game manuals, especially in collector´s edition are must, these editions must be filled with merchandise and items.
Old pc games were the BEST with big manuals full of artwork.
This edition is a shame compared with all the past Forza LCEs

-------------------------------------------------------

I played the game for 5 hours traight and its excellent, its really well done, fun and most of all its a refreshing spin off. I had lots of fun racing, exploring and doing tricks, i like the TDU and PGR vibe of it. To me is a solid 9 my only complains are if i compare it with Forza, because now the menus are slow while in Forza 3-4 are super fast, every menu in this game isolated while in Forza 4 you can move from one place to another easily.
Its a good thing that you dont have to spend much time in menus.

The driving physics are the ones of a realistic arcade, i dont know why Turn10 and PG tried SOO hard to make everyone believe this would feel like Forza when is not, this is an arcade that whipes the floor with every other arcade physics except PGR (IMO), its a great blend between sim and arcade.

Im loving the game after the huge disappointment of the LCE box.

By the way, the guy who programed the online level slotmachine has a masters degree in Trolling!!! , i got 12 levels and every time i was about to win a big car or a big cash bonus it changed in the last minute for a cheap car or a few thousands bonus.

DD

The Viper for the ones who played the demo and the Saleen for those who bought the game on the release week are out today. My gold subscription ended yesterday, so I can't download 'em. NICE!

Fox Mulder

The Viper for the ones who played the demo and the Saleen for those who bought the game on the release week are out today. My gold subscription ended yesterday, so I can't download 'em. NICE!

There's a car for playing the demo? Is it just a special livery or an exclusive car? I don't really want to download a demo just for that.

Hey GAF, would anyone be interested in this? It's a lot of work to make it look good but if GAF wants/needs it I can make it happen ;)

08n.jpg

01n.jpg

Shaneus

If they can implement Glass/Surface (or whatever) with this so you can look at the map on your "GPS" (mobile/tablet) screen and just tap on a location to set it as a waypoint... I'd be happy.

Megasoum

Banned
If they can implement Glass/Surface (or whatever) with this so you can look at the map on your "GPS" (mobile/tablet) screen and just tap on a location to set it as a waypoint... I'd be happy.

I think that's the idea... And the 10-15 people in the world with a Win8 phone/tablet will be able to do it this week-end!

Megasoum

Banned
Smartglass is on regular Windows 8 too. Though it's not exactly the most convenient thing in the world having it running on a laptop.

If I had a copy I would probably run it in a virtual machine on my second screen lol... But I'm not gonna buy that pos just for smartglass heh.

Yup but only next year. For now it's Win 8 exclusive... You know...like Halo with Vista (cause that worked well lol).

Holding back smartglass is so stupid, it's really not going to help sales of the surface and shit why not use admob or something on iOS and android to make money, though that would cheese off a lot of people who pay for gold :p

For those wondering about the codes if you got it from the MS Store, mine took one week from when they shipped Dance Central 3, so it can take up to a week, so don't fret.

Mine will be in tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Ha ha, as I'm prowling the roads at night in my Ford GT, I come across none other than M Rossi in an F40.

Smoked his ass, suffice it to say, although it's somehow not as satisfying as arranging him an unscheduled pit stop in FM.

Megasoum

Banned
Ha ha, as I'm prowling the roads at night in my Ford GT, I come across none other than M Rossi in an F40.

Smoked his ass, suffice it to say, although it's somehow not as satisfying as arranging him an unscheduled pit stop in FM.

hahaha nice

On a sidenote, looks like the Horizon servers are down, I can't download any of the gift cars. Must be overloaded on the first night.

And now my xbox just compeltly froze when I tried to retrieve a gift...ouch

What's up with this Token crap? Is this basically like "pay real money to unlock things instantly" thing? Kind of like BF3's shorcut bundles?

And why is the bonus a 458, and not a.. you know.. newer car =X? I don't like this "DLC DLC DLC" approach that MS ,and other companies, are taking. 100 dollars (60+season pass).

I just want my damn game.

Shaneus

What's up with this Token crap? Is this basically like "pay real money to unlock things instantly" thing? Kind of like BF3's shorcut bundles?

And why is the bonus a 458, and not a.. you know.. newer car =X? I don't like this "DLC DLC DLC" approach that MS ,and other companies, are taking. 100 dollars (60+season pass).

I just want my damn game.
FM4 was the same... it had tokens.

zorbsie

Okay, well shit. What about when she tells you about Showcase events? She just berated me for not accepting one, does she offer it again?

Those event stay on the map. You can do them anytime. But yeah, she will nag you from time to time. She's been nagging me to spend some money lately. lol

zorbsie

Still no loyalty cars. I'm getting the feeling like I'll have to start a new game to get them. Not sure it's worth it though. It's really bumming me out. Got the 100th discount sign. I'll build the map and then think about starting a new game.

SarBear

Really want to let you guys know the only reason I acquired this was because of what seems to be a good GAF backing. I'll be on in a few minutes here as soon as it installs. Long work day.

xion4360

Not sure of this is for Forza Horizon or Forza 4, but here. Your welcome whoever grabs it.

Your pre-order qualifies you to download the 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia and the 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 (for use in Forza 4)!

8PGF-BANT-3MNK

SarBear

Not sure of this is for Forza Horizon or Forza 4, but here. Your welcome whoever grabs it.

Your pre-order qualifies you to download the 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia and the 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 (for use in Forza 4)!

8PGF-BANT-3MNK

Tried to use it......failed for me. :)

if someone doesnt want his pre order car please send me a message, i´d love to give it a home, i have the Italia and im really looking for the Mercedes Benz SLS AMG and the Aston Martin Virage.
:D

Megasoum

Banned

8PGF-BANT-3MNK

My missing pre-order code!!! But yeah I think you'rem issing a group of letters.

Top Bottom