• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

p3tran said:
ps. I like the beamer
getphoto3on9.jpg
Dat tree ;-(
Something something sore thumb...

Beemer and drift smoke looks good though!

(although, this isn't the greatest example of tyre smoke though - puff puff).

Hyoushi said:
zonda-pagani-r.jpg

Hehe. Damn, the doods who model the rims take a lot of shortcuts by reusing the front rims for the rears even in the cases where they are clearly asymmetrical on the real cars, such as this Zonda R, the F50, the Enzo and so forth.

The nose is baaaaaaaad as well.

Sethos

Banned
Pazuzu9 said:
Because they make their games roughly four times faster than Polyphony.

So it's okay to screw up the core models of what this game is all about, because they are just churning out games? What kind of excuse is that.

Sethos said:
So it's okay to screw up the core models of what this game is all about, because they are just churning out games? What kind of excuse is that.

Churning out great games, yes. Most of the art is outsourced, just as it is in many other games these days, you'll just have to deal with it. If Forza starts selling as much as GT, maybe they'll be able to afford bigger budgets and more in-house asset work.

Sethos

Banned
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Churning out great games, yes. Most of the art is outsourced, just as it is in many other games these days, you'll just have to deal with it. If Forza starts selling as much as GT, maybe they'll be able to afford bigger budgets and more in-house asset work.

Are you really defending the shoddy work? wow.

derFeef

Too bad some of those cars are messed up, and if that would happen to my favourite car I would be mad for sure. I have not seen anything heartbraking for me personally yet, but this is clearly a matter of opinion.

Snubbers

Sethos said:

There are several reasons for the flaws

1. LEgacy models that they don't have time to fix..
2. The model/data may be supplied electronically and incorrect
3. The outsourcing quality is poor
4. The car is a different spec or regionally different to the real world pictures supplied..

To say 'so many models are flawed' is just over-reacting, but of course there are some cars that aren't quite right.. I hope they work with their outsourcing partners to get these things addressed for new cars, but you seem to be just over-reacting and flying off the handle on this one.

The Zonda wheels are a bit laughable, but with that angle and FOV, it's hard for me to see what is wrong (other then the wheels), and obviously it's a different glossy painted version (Which I've found on google images).. give us a nice profile shot etc and then start pointing and laughing etc..

nofi said:
Anyone know where to get the bigshots from? I uploaded one last night but can only see the normal shot on the site.
I saw a comment on the fm.net forums that only Turn 10 devs have access to the big shot system right now.

supersaw

Snubbers said:
There are several reasons for the flaws

1. LEgacy models that they don't have time to fix..
2. The model/data may be supplied electronically and incorrect
3. The outsourcing quality is poor
4. The car is a different spec or regionally different to the real world pictures supplied..

To say 'so many models are flawed' is just over-reacting, but of course there are some cars that aren't quite right.. I hope they work with their outsourcing partners to get these things addressed for new cars, but you seem to be just over-reacting and flying off the handle on this one.

The Zonda wheels are a bit laughable, but with that angle and FOV, it's hard for me to see what is wrong (other then the wheels), and obviously it's a different glossy painted version (Which I've found on google images).. give us a nice profile shot etc and then start pointing and laughing etc..

Yeah but Zonda and Enzo are key cars, fucking up the supercars is kind of inexcusable, considering the Enzo nose and copy pasta wheels were brought to their attention each time and still no fixes. It's not a deal breaker for me or anything but it would be nice if they listened more to the community on at least some issues.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Sethos said:
Cars aren't the only thing that defines FM's quality.

How about the engine sounds or what we can expect from the new ui and livery editors and track detail (and accuracy for a good portion of them)

Pretty high quality stuff across the board overall, what T10 should really focus on next is on accuracy/little details better. They need to be more demanding with the outsourced contracted modelers, they are getting the rest of the game stuff down to very impressive levels with each new version of the franchise.

commedieu said:
Wat.
Sethos said:
I'm not offering an excuse. I'm offering what strikes me as the only reason why this would be happening. A biased GT fan might say it's because PD simply have better modellers, but I didn't want to suggest that. There are more than enough excellent models in Forza to show they have the talent. So surely the only reason this is happening is because they work much faster than PD.

[edit] they outsource? oh... well that'll be why then. Ignore everything I just said.

supersaw said:
Yeah but Zonda and Enzo are key cars, fucking up the supercars is kind of inexcusable, considering the Enzo nose and copy pasta wheels were brought to their attention each time and still no fixes. It's not a deal breaker for me or anything but it would be nice if they listened more to the community on at least some issues.
Pretty much. Nobody cars if the wipers of a Prius are not accurate, but screwing the proportions and details of superscars up? That shouldn't happen.

Dan, you'll never turn car lovers into gamers, if you don't treat them with respect.

Shaneus

Slayer-33 said:
Cars aren't the only thing that defines FM's quality.

How about the engine sounds or what we can expect from the new ui and livery editors and track detail (and accuracy for a good portion of them)

Pretty high quality stuff across the board overall, what T10 should really focus on next is on accuracy/little details better. They need to be more demanding with the outsourced contracted modelers, they are getting the rest of the game stuff down to very impressive levels with each new version of the franchise.
It sort of makes you wonder if it would really be that difficult for them to tweak the models they get back from outsourcing, if that is indeed the problem.

Do we know (for example) how the Enzo was done? I would've thought something like that would be personally done by T10 themselves.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shaneus said:
It sort of makes you wonder if it would really be that difficult for them to tweak the models they get back from outsourcing, if that is indeed the problem.

Do we know (for example) how the Enzo was done? I would've thought something like that would be personally done by T10 themselves.
I don't see a problem with them getting a re-edited model back at all, I bet that can be done so fast.

saladine1

Shaneus said:

Actually, a modeller I 'talked' to said that what the Lead guys do, is when they receive the cars from the outsource, they fix/tweak them to their liking....

mDkbG.jpg

Lol, poor little Mazda..

Shaneus

saladine1 said:
Actually, a modeller I 'talked' to said that what the Lead guys do, is when they receive the cars from the outsource, they fix/tweak them to their liking....
So any obvious problems you'd think they'd clean up pretty quickly (if they noticed). Makes you wonder how the obvious ones "got through" from 3 and onto 4.

Mind you, I'm not knowledgable enough to have known about the issues with the Zonda and Enzo without this thread, but someone even remotely more into cars than I should know.

SmokyDave

Shaneus said:

Perhaps nobody at T10 realised they needed tweaking? Although the details that are incorrect are very important, they are small details that only car nuts really notice. Having said that, I'd assume that the makers of Forza are car nuts?

Dunno but I bet they can / will tweak certain aspects in the future. Certainly those Zonda rear wheels need changing.

amar212

Shaneus said:

We know how Rabcat is the company that modeled F50 for example. Check their full-portfolio to see breakdown of all their assets done for FM3 (and almost certainly used for FM4), with description of manpower and manhours invested.

Also, everything we know implies how T10 probably doesn't actually model anything by themselves. So far we have detected 5 outsource companies that are specialized for both cars and tracks asset-production and T10 is probably only responsible for final supervision.

Notice if you search those companies sites you can find much information about actual percentage of the content doe for FM3 for example.

Of course, we can't know anything for regarding how much asset-production is actually done by T10, but some Credits and Copyright list on the game will probably put some light on this matter. Also, worth noticing is how Valkyrie Entertainment, Glass Egg Digital Media and Dhruva Interactive are working with T10 on Forza series from the very first game.

saladine1

Shaneus said:
So any obvious problems you'd think they'd clean up pretty quickly (if they noticed). Makes you wonder how the obvious ones "got through" from 3 and onto 4.

Mind you, I'm not knowledgable enough to have known about the issues with the Zonda and Enzo without this thread, but someone even remotely more into cars than I should know.
It's only going to be the absolute minority who can point out the flaws, but they are flaws nevertheless.
It's strange though, because i've been told by these same employees that Turn 10 actually hire guys who are crazy nutjobs about cars. They are hired for their expertise in all matters of performance figures, history,details..etc, anything to do with cars, these guys are supposed to know about it so again, little things like deep dish rears should've been picked up....

Shaneus

saladine1 said:
It's only going to be the absolute minority who can point out the flaws, but they are flaws nevertheless.
It's strange though, because i've been told by these same employees that Turn 10 actually hire guys who are crazy nutjobs about cars. They are hired for their expertise in all matters of performance figures, history,details..etc, anything to do with cars, these guys are supposed to know about it so again, little things like deep dish rears should've been picked up....
Yup, so weird that they get by. When they made such a point of modeling the wheelnuts (zomg) I don't understand how those details go... undetailed.

Sethos said:

I don't know, it's highly disappointing though, I cancelled my LE pre-order and am selling my setup. I can't support this kind of lazy development.

Hyoushi said:
clearnance.jpg

Clearnance! To the proofreadingmobile, Batman!

Nah man, it's supposed to be Clearnance, It's a special kind of clearance only allocated to Hummers!

flyinpiranha said:
I don't know, it's highly disappointing though, I cancelled my LE pre-order and am selling my setup. I can't support this kind of lazy development.
Serious? Seems like a slight overreaction... it's still gonna be a decent game...

Top Bottom