• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

p3tran

Banned
ConvenientBox said:
Damn, that vista is amazing to look at.

what's the sound at 2:39?
downshifting from 3rd gear red line to 2nd gear instead of breaking.
the rev limiter is the sound you are looking for. if damage was on, then transmition/engine would have been damaged.

SPEEDxNASTY said:
More shots.

6197678669_4274bd9de8_z.jpg

Mother of God.

acm2000

maybe the wheel issue is technical, ie, do any cars have different wheels? or must they all have 1 wheel, copy and pasta in all 4 wheel arches

Xanadu

Banned
zephervack said:
GT 5 Zonda R for comparison

5373627019_777fa61e8f_z.jpg

I guess they didnt notice

Found the comparison interesting, i would have never noticed it by myself. You guys have really good eyes/knowledge of cars...
also see how much better it looks with proper tires

p3tran

Banned
zephervack said:

Found the comparison interesting, i would have never noticed it by myself. You guys have really good eyes/knowledge of cars...
about that gt 5 pic, car has nice colors but I look at the castrol signs above it , the mountain, the sky.. whats going on there?

Come on, people. You don't actually believe you've out-smarted anybody, do you? You've had four games now to realize the game only supports one rim shape per car. Do they need to rewrite how that works? Absolutely. They should have done it a long time ago. Not bright enough to notice though? Come on.

Xanadu

Banned
watership said:
WTF, is today the co-ordinated "Forza modeling is subpar and wrong" thread event? Did I miss the memo?
the truth must be spoken!!!!!!!!!
Falagard said:
FM5 needs to have window geometry in the interior when in cockpit view. You know, little bit of dust/dirt, reflections on the glass, etc.
always have to wait till the next game for these little updates dont we ffs

I'm glad the tiniest little details like these complaints don't bother me. Reminds me of sports games where people bitch that the 3rd row of the staples center is off and random shit. Not saying your complaints aren't valid, I'm just glad that stuff doesn't bother me.

Xanadu

Banned
rocksteady1983 said:
I'm glad the tiniest little details like these complaints don't bother me. Reminds me of sports games where people bitch that the 3rd row of the staples center is off and random shit. Not saying your complaints aren't valid, I'm just glad that stuff doesn't bother me.
we are huge car nuts, even when i was about 14 the ferrari f40 in forza 1 annoyed me, i had the f40 on my wall for about 8 years

rocksteady1983 said:

yup. I am a "forest for the trees" kind of dude. A majestic, beautiful forest with a few ugly trees here and there is not something i lose sleep over.

acm2000

BCD2 said:
Come on, people. You don't actually believe you've out-smarted anybody, do you? You've had four games now to realize the game only supports one rim shape per car. Do they need to rewrite how that works? Absolutely. They should have done it a long time ago. Not bright enough to notice though? Come on.

pfffft thats what i just said!

Mascot

ConvenientBox said:
they'd get more preorders by MARKETING the damn game, give it a third the budget of halo or gears and it'll sell to everyone. Hell my friends who have no interest are going to buy f4 due to the fact I've been sending everyone screens each time new ones come out.

Wait, what..? We are all wrong about this. MS told us so. Some suit recently claimed that the marketing budget for FM4 was the biggest MS have ever sanctioned. Or did I imagine that?

I reckon they've blown the lot on hookers, booze and blipverts. All those dreams you're having about FM4? Planted in your brain as individual frames while you were watching Game Of Thrones. It's clever, clever shit.

Iknos

Turn 10 should outsource their cars and tracks to Polyphony Digital. They might cost more but they'll get it right.

In turn PD should outsource their game development to T10. They might cost more but they'll get it right.

saladine1

rocksteady1983 said:
But the 3rd row of the staples center is not the focal point in those games. The cars in FM on the other hand are.
They aren't game breakers by any stretch but some of these flaws have been with us since day 1 and they either a) Still haven't noticed or b) They don't care.

I'm in the category of 'it doesn't bother me' so I can live with it but obviously, there's enough of an uproar for Turn 10 to finally take notice and to do something about it...

Iknos said:
Turn 10 should outsource their cars and tracks to Polyphony Digital. They might cost more but they'll get it right.

In turn PD should outsource their game development to T10. They might cost more but they'll get it right.
HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Xanadu

Banned
saladine1 said:
But the 3rd row of the staples center is not the focal point in those games. The cars in FM on the other hand are.
They aren't game breakers by any stretch but some of these flaws have been with us since day 1 and they either a) Still haven't noticed or b) They don't care.

I'm in the category of 'it doesn't bother me' so I can live with it but obviously, there's enough of an uproar for Turn 10 to finally take notice and to do something about it...
i still remember the s2000 threads on forza central about 5 years ago

eso76 said:

That looks amazing. So smooth. The demo is going to be awesome, hope they have an AV car to mess with.

I'll be enjoying the demo for an extra day ... no release date shipping from Amazon for the LCE, but I did do 1 day shipping for an extra $4 ... that extra day is easily worth $4 to me.

AlanzTalon said:
yup. I am a "forest for the trees" kind of dude. A majestic, beautiful forest with a few ugly trees here and there is not something i lose sleep over.

I'm with you on this one. I'm glad that I will still be able to drive the Zonda even though it's a little more pointy on the front and the rims are off which I didn't even notice until somebody showed me. And I'm sure I'll forget once we get to the next page just like all the other "issues".

saladine1 said:

Good point. How about....complaining that Kobe's tattoo on his left arm is too low. Lol, but I do see your point. But when I start looking at stuff that closely I start to lose the fun in the game. Like I said, not discrediting any of the complaints by any means. I get it, I'm just glad I'm not a part of that crowd. Now when it comes to TV's and features and quality, I will nitpick and complain to high hell. So to each their own :)

watership

Iknos said:

I get these complaints, but it's the limitations of time and money and Turn10 ships games every few years. I'll take a 99 percent accurately modeled 500 plus cars every two years over 100 percent accurately modeled 200 cars every 6 years.

Xun

saladine1 said:
The thing with FM4 is that it hasn't got a 'water cooler' selling point besides AV.
I can guarantee that if they announced..

'We have weather!
We have night!
We have Spa!
We have Bathurst!
We have an unrivaled damage model!
or
We have...... Porsche'.....etc.....they would've have released a shitload of videos showcasing either of these features boastfully, there would be a massive push to hammer it home, people would go nuts and the world would begin it's road to destruction...

"You can go in at a sub six inch level"....is what we get instead....
I can understand weather not being in the game, but the lack of night is a shame.

Rain looks (in my opinion) pretty crappy in GT5 and I love the hell out of the game, sorry guys!

Xanadu

Banned
watership said:
I get these complaints, but it's the limitations of time and money and Turn10 ships games every few years. I'll take a 99 percentp accurately modeled 500 plus cars every two years over 100 percent accurately modeled 200 cars every 6 years.
not even close, some models such as the f40 and 1st gen NSX are completely wrong, especially the NSX..absolutely awful. most cars from forza 1/2 carried over and inaccurate too, its only the new addition forza 3 and 4 cars that seems to be a lot more accurate

saladine1

watership said:
I get these complaints, but it's the limitations of time and money and Turn10 ships games every few years. I'll take a 99 percent accurately modeled 500 plus cars every two years over 100 percent accurately modeled 200 cars every 6 years.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree.....or would they?

Mobile Forza?

http://beefjack.com/news/forza-4-mobile-apps-for-series-when-time-is-right-say-turn-10/

Seems interesting, I wonder if they mean an entire game or if they just want to add social features.

Many had hoped these graphics would be in stereoscopic 3D this time around, but recently Greenawalt confirmed that there were no plans to incorporate 3D into the Forza series any time soon.

LOL, "many had hoped" ... riiiiight ....

Keep that shit out of their development time. What they do, they do great.

watership

Xanadu said:
not even close, some models such as the f40 and 1st gen NSX are completely wrong, especially the NSX..absolutely awful. most cars from forza 1/2 carried over and inaccurate too, its only the new addition forza 3 and 4 cars that seems to be a lot more accurate

Lets do this. :)

I'm not going to disagree that they're off, but I'd like to see the differences. Usually i just breeze over those complaints because to me the models are close enough and my issue with Forza has always been the materials and seating of the car in the environment. For the Forza f40 model I can identified it as an f40 by the body but I'm sure if I studied the Forza/real live pictures back to back I'd notice the differences. Can we gets some comparison pics up?

Edit: Xanadu! Ahead of me already but imagine I'm a idiot with details, point stuff out. :)

watership

rocksteady1983 said:
Yea, I'm having a hard time finding anything that is very "off". I think it looks pretty dang close. Grill mesh?

I think it's that the back wheel is deeper, while the forza model has the same sized wheel for front and back. That's been previously mention as possible limitation of the car modeling engine?

Xanadu

Banned
watership said:
Lets do this. :)

I'm not going to disagree that they're off, but I'd like to see the differences. Usually i just breeze over those complaints because to me the models are close enough and my issue with Forza has always been the materials and seating of the car in the environment. For the Forza f40 model I can identified it as an f40 by the body but I'm sure if I studied the Forza/real live pictures back to back I'd notice the differences. Can we gets some comparison pics up?

Edit: Xanadu! Ahead of me already but imagine I'm a idiot with details, point stuff out. :)
the dimensions are off, the car is too tall and not wide enough, the wing mirrors are too big and wrong, ferrari badge is too big, the grill is white for some reason, missing small details on the splitter, the rear end is inaccurate too and of course the rear wheels arentdeep enough

now compare it to GT5s F40

ezl8ib.jpg
absolute perfection

full size http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/28223/1649289-siena___piazza_del_campo.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
BCD2 said:
I love how the author injected "iPhone and Android" into story. Does he not know who pays the bills over at T10?

Would love a Forza app ala Waypoint for my WP7. Having Forza live tile in Mango would be amazing.

shadowkhas

Neo Member
Falagard said:
FM5 needs to have window geometry in the interior when in cockpit view. You know, little bit of dust/dirt, reflections on the glass, etc.
The geometry is there. Glass is modeled in first person views. There's just nothing applied to it.
I'd be a big fan of some subtle dirt pickup when you get behind someone who's gone off the racing line.

Xanadu said:
if youre a huge fan of the cars that are inaccurate, you wouldnt think so

Nope, I'm a huge fan of that car too. Love the F40, if God existed and decided to come down to earth he would drive that car. I had the poster and built a sick ass model in my teens of it.

It doesn't bother me. In fact I didn't really notice anything until you pointed it out. I drive the cars, as much as I like looking at them a stable framerate and good looking track is more important to me than how the back end of the car is modeled.

I'm not excusing the inconsistencies, but they don't bother me as much because there is so much more to be excited about.

I focus on what I'll enjoy, you focus on the what will take your enjoyment away. Different sides of the same coin.

ACH1LL3US

zephervack said:
getphoto.ashx488bu2o.jpg

I used that Zonda R in GT5 for countless hours. It was my favorite car in the game. I would just take it on the 'Ring and do lap after lap with it.

Sad to see the FM4 Zonda R does not look even close to as good as the real world version. Maybe they will fix it, but I doubt it :(

luffeN

Just played one race of the Forza 4 demo with the 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia. First impression is that it plays like Forza 3, which is a good thing imo. Other cars available are the 2011 Subaru WRX STI and 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator. Race is done in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. 2 mildly long laps.

Edit: Demo is coming out on the 3rd of October. Sorry if everything has been known thus far xD

Edit2: Rivals mode is also available. Playing with a BMW F10 M5 where you have to beat a certain lap time.

Xanadu

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
Nope, I'm a huge fan of that car too. Love the F40, if God existed and decided to come down to earth he would drive that car. I had the poster and built a sick ass model in my teens of it.

It doesn't bother me. In fact I didn't really notice anything until you pointed it out. I drive the cars, as much as I like looking at them a stable framerate and good looking track is more important to me than how the back end of the car is modeled.

I'm not excusing the inconsistencies, but they don't bother me as much because there is so much more to be excited about.
i agree i'm excited for the game, the only games i'm buying this year are battlefield 3 and forza 4 so that shows how much i want the game. it just annoys me when i drvie my dream cars in forza games they never look the part. its just disappointing that t10 wont do anything about the inaccuracies..but hey we got kinect driving right!?!?!

skyfinch said:
You know, there's a thread for comparing the two games.
i'm comparing forzas models to real life, just added the GT5 f40 in to show how it should be modelled

luffeN said:
Just played one race of the Forza 4 demo with the 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia. First impression is that it plays like Forza 3,

please say you had assists on

Top Bottom