• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Xanadu said:
the dimensions are off, the car is too tall and not wide enough, the wing mirrors are too big and wrong, ferrari badge is too big, the grill is white for some reason, missing small details on the splitter, the rear end is inaccurate too and of course the rear wheels arentdeep enough

now compare it to GT5s F40

Its very close but yeah some things seem odd:

nevermind...

eso76

Finally brought home a rennsport wheel stand for my Fanatec PWTS.

I don't know how i enjoyed using the wheel on my coffee table before.

Fortunately, i'm moving to a new house in a month and half :)

Xanadu

Banned
zephervack said:
Ok, removed...
i was only joking man lol

luffeN said:
I played on medium so yeah, probably some assists on :)
Edit: Gonna play football, assists details later if you want to.
ahh good, yea try it with simulation steering on, apparently its MUCH better than 3 from what we've heard

Milpool

SmokyDave said:
Woahwoahwoahwoahwoah, this is serious shit. Where did you see the pic of the Cossie? Are we sure it didn't have some daft aftermarket kit on it or something?

Edit: Found it. It's not great but it's not going to smack me in the face every time I look at the car like the Zonda wheels will. I'm more worried about the fact that on the picture I looked at, the car looked like it was wearing 15's on the back and 16's on the front. Hopefully just a perspective issue.

Most importantly, I hope the player is forced to listen to 'Driven by You' by Brian May whenever they drive a Cossie.

Iknos

soundscream said:
HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg
Cmon admit that you'd love to see this happen.

bj00rn_

Banned
Fuck off with that GT5 shit and even delete that pic, it's only going to end bad.

Anyway, I have a foot in both camps; I absolutely adore the strengths of Forza, and I just can't wait to buy it, and then at the same time yes I'm annoyed with some of the flaws. I forgave T10 for their occasional bad models last time, but the fact that they're almost completely ignoring them in the forth version is fucking annoying. I'd like to see a comment from T10 regarding this issue.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so... the pre-race cinematic where the engine autorevs from f3 looks like it returns. lame.

Xanadu

Banned
op_ivy said:
so... the pre-race cinematic where the engine autorevs from f3 looks like it returns. lame.
i also hate this, i dont get why they would do it? i'm pretty sure no one thinks its a good idea

SPEEDxNASTY said:
Wait, the F40 in Forza DOES have wider rims at the rear... so the mistake on the Zonda R is quite unexplainable.

It's also a problem on the F50.

QC across the board is very odd, some models are just perfect, others have really small errors.

The F50 for example, had yellow headlights and no deep dish rims in Forza 3. In 4, the headlights were fixed but the rims remain wrong.

I had never even noticed the issue with the Zonda until today. I'm surprised as the DLC cars have been pretty spotless.

Xanadu

Banned
U n i o n 0015 said:
It's also a problem on the F50.

QC across the board is very odd, some models are just perfect, others have really small errors.

The F50 for example, had yellow headlights and no deep dish rims in Forza 3. In 4, the headlights were fixed but the rims remain wrong.

I had never even noticed the issue with the Zonda until today. I'm surprised as the DLC cars have been pretty spotless.
minus the rims that zonda model looks very good, while the older models such as the f40 and f50 are bad all around

watership

soundscream said:
It only leads to bad things.

And if I wanted to discuss or see comparisons I would enter that thread.

To be fair, his point is the F40's modeling isn't close to the actual car. But ya, lets not be posting GT5 stuff, just to avoid a meltdown.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
saladine1 said:
The thing with FM4 is that it hasn't got a 'water cooler' selling point besides AV.
I can guarantee that if they announced..

'We have weather!
We have night!
We have Spa!
We have Bathurst!
We have an unrivaled damage model!
or
We have...... Porsche'.....etc.....they would've have released a shitload of videos showcasing either of these features boastfully, there would be a massive push to hammer it home, people would go nuts and the world would begin it's road to destruction...

"You can go in at a sub six inch level"....is what we get instead....
It called "We have Pirelli!"

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Xanadu said:
just the fanboys are mad that we are discussing negatives of the series, oh well

put me in the group that isnt bothered by what i believe to be minor errors in modeling. cant i get more people to complain about amalfi full?

watership

Xanadu said:
just the fanboys are mad that we are discussing negatives of the series, oh well

The problem in this thread is that the negatives outweigh the positives, which is honestly not the way any of these games turn out.

Xanadu said:
NO that GT5 pics have made it into the thread.

Complain about real world accuracy all you want its welcome, but stop with the GT5 pics.

That game has its own faults as well but again this isn't the place to discuss it.

I dont understand why you cant get that through your head.

Xanadu

Banned
soundscream said:
NO that GT5 pics have made it into the thread.

Complain about real world accuracy all you want its welcome, but stop with the GT5 pics.

That game has its own faults as well but again this isn't the place to discuss it.

I dont understand why you cant get that through your head.
i posted one GT5 pic lol, i'm not the guy who posted the zonda pic. i compared the f40 to the real car, and posted the GT5 model to show how it should be modelled

ACH1LL3US

bj00rn_ said:
Fuck off with that GT5 shit and even delete that pic, it's only going to end bad.

Anyway, I have a foot in both camps; I absolutely adore the strengths of Forza, and I just can't wait to buy it, and then at the same time yes I'm annoyed with some of the flaws. I forgave T10 for their occasional bad models last time, but the fact that they're almost completely ignoring them in the forth version is fucking annoying. I'd like to see a comment from T10 regarding this issue.

? I preordered FM4 Collectors edition, I own and play both series. Just bummed about the Zonda R and how it looks in FM4. No hate being spewed here...

cjelly said:
Xanadu, you weren't supposed to drop the act until AFTER the game was out.

You got so close. :(

It must be hard to constantly putting up that charade. I mean how many oh Forza is good but it suck he can keep going. Also notice how he instantaneously pick up anything that is negative.

Also if you look at that GT5 version of Zonda, there are also some discrepancies but to me they both looks just fine.

shinnn

Blackvette94 said:
I used that Zonda R in GT5 for countless hours. It was my favorite car in the game. I would just take it on the 'Ring and do lap after lap with it.

Sad to see the FM4 Zonda R does not look even close to as good as the GT5 version. Maybe they will fix it, but I doubt it :(
really?

replay capture
zonda2x7zf.jpg

also this

Sorry but those Xanadu posts just bring this kind of shit to this thread. Shame that ignore list is not enough.

ACH1LL3US

Steve McQueen said:
Still don't know if I should buy the LE or the regular edition :/
What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

You get a steelbook in the LE version, IM a sucker for Steelbooks so I preordered the LE version ha

commedieu

Banned
Xanadu said:
were having a proper discussion, no one is trolling

Xanadu,

Its only appropriate to photoshop Translator-San photos at FM4 booths & laugh, claim that FM4 looks good because its at GT5 levels, and generally throw GT's development time / the franchise under the bus. But don't you DARE ever make the mistake of comparing and contrasting a specific thing like model detail, or respond to someone confused about exposure.

Everyone else,

Its so 4 legs good in this thread. Everyone definitely picks and chooses who is asked to go to the VS forum, when all that goes on in this thread is clamouring for features in other games, like weather, night, accurate tracks, etc. The FM community has an issue with GT, and its kinda hard to just participate in it. I'm definitely a convert, skipped FM3/2 due to the terrible lighting/permassists/visuals/detail/Turn10's mission to smear PD. Loved Forza1. Fm4 looks great with its modern use of ibl. I'm even accepting that I can't use my wheels, and will have to buy a new one. Tis all good, Forza's car list & customization make it an instant buy, not sure if i'll go back and forth through the two. We will see. I have a roster of sims that I play.

But stop the double standard issue about pointing people to the vs thread. Either call out everyone doing it, or don't do it at all. A majority of this thread equals in me seeing all GT digs, and just moving on without responding. Things like "yeah they should do rally, unless its shitty like in GT5!" doesn't get a single response outside of agreements & luls. You can be negative about GT in here with diplomatic immunity. I've been following FM4 for, about, 4 months now, and it hasn't changed. Its the same attitude that ruined the FM3 thread for people. Its as if some people just can't focus on Forza, without having to justify itself, or its lack of self, with GT. For example, the comment that brought up GT5 in the first place, was someone referring to polyphony taking so long to make their game. Which had absolutely nothing to do with FM4, and no one is asking the guy to take that "bullshit" elsewhere.

Xanadu

Banned
antiquegamer said:
It must be hard to constantly putting up that charade. I mean how many oh Forza is good but it suck he can keep going. Also notice how he instantaneously pick up anything that is negative.

Also if you look at that GT5 version, there are also some discrepancies but to me they both looks just fine.
what charade? are you deluded by your fanboyism? i bet i've been playing forza games longer than you and have put more hours into the games than you, i play racing sims religiously and forza 1 is one of my favourite racing games ever, so stop talking crap

commedieu said:
But stop the double standard issue about pointing people to the vs thread. Either call out everyone doing it, or don't do it at all. A majority of this thread equals in me seeing all GT digs, and just moving on without responding. Things like "yeah they should do rally, unless its shitty like in GT5!" doesn't get a single response outside of agreements & luls. You can be negative about GT in here with diplomatic immunity. I've been following FM4 for, about, 4 months now, and it hasn't changed. Its the same attitude that ruined the FM3 thread for people. Its as if some people just can't focus on Forza, without having to justify itself, or its lack of self, with GT. For example, the comment that brought up GT5 in the first place, was someone referring to polyphony taking so long to make their game. Which had absolutely nothing to do with FM4, and no one is asking the guy to take that "bullshit" elsewhere.
THIS so damn much, thank you

ACH1LL3US

shinnn said:
really?

replay capture
zonda2x7zf.jpg

also this

Sorry but those Xanadu posts just bring this kind of shit to this thread. Shame that ignore list is not enough.

I love the FOV in FM4 :0 So much better then gt imho. Also from the video you posted the cockpit looks alot better imho in fm4.

What do you think between the two cockpits?

h3ro

saladine1 said:
From FM.net
Those guys are still salty that Che gave us more info and generally hung out/posted here more than there.

Also, being aggressive towards those making civil discussion regarding GT5's assets doesn't really help. So far, everyone has been pretty calm and made valid comparisons. No trolling going on (yet?). The second we get "lolforza and gt5 sucks" is the second Bish gets in here and has some fun.

Not gonna lie, the Zonda wheel issue is a big deal to me and I'm sure others as well. Unfortunately, we are also the same population that order the LE and will probably end up buying the Season Pass. We don't matter, they have our money, accurate models and tracks or not.

One more thing: LET ME REV MY OWN DAMN ENGINE T10 WHAT THE HELL IS THIS AUTO REV NONSENSE

Blackvette94 said:
You get a steelbook in the LE version, IM a sucker for Steelbooks so I preordered the LE version ha

Steelbooks are awesome :D But what about "being a member of the VIP-community".
What are the advantages of being a VIP-member?

Jesus Christ people! How about we talk about the actual GAME instead of trying to call out "fanboys" and other stupid shit.

I feel like I am trying to converse with a bunch of 12 year olds in here...

guys NOTHING beats viewing the last 20 pages or so of this thread on a "23.5 inch monitor after a week of viewing this thread on a smartphone screen, DEM PHOTO SHOTS! damn son!

ACH1LL3US

Steve McQueen said:
Steelbooks are awesome :D But what about "being a member of the VIP-community".
What are the advantages of being a VIP-member?

I think you get DLC before others maybe? I dunno man... sounds cool though :p

Top Bottom