• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

getphoto22iko9.jpg

getphoto398jme.jpg

getphoto105knl.jpg

getphotokckzq.jpg

Dumb question but there's no incentive or even acknowledgement for finishing 1st in career mode vs just hitting "gold", right?

Nope. They should have implemented points on top of the medals. Medals could determine the payout but at the end of the series they could have the points champion.

p3tran

Banned
What's the next free track then?
And when?

whenever you buy an xbone, we will ask dan to release the next smartgeometrics track they have ready :)

ps.
kind of puts stuff in perspective, the latest comments from codies, about how their old gen 22 tracklist was so important that they chose NOT to do ps4/xbone because they would need to recreate.
forza 5 right now has like what? 16 brand new tracks? with at least something more coming? you count the beans my friend, and decide.. ;)

league_week16hgrnv.png

Time to prototype!
Car Max Class P998
2006 Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R8 (DLC)
2012 Audi #1 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro
1998 Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione F333 SP
1991 Mazda 787B
2009 Peugeot #9 Peugeot Sport Total 908
1999 Toyota #3 Toyota Motorsports GT-ONE TS020 (DLC)

Not sure if the '77 Ford Foyt #14 should be included, it is in the P class. Anyone have objections either way?

Tracks:
Le Mans - Old Mulsanne Circuit (That's right, no chicanes.)
Road Atlana - Full Circuit

Everyone is welcome to come out and race. If you can't make it Sunday you can always try time trials.

Time Trials
Same cars, same tracks. Feel free to post work in progress times here, but PM me your final times.

Standings
Both the weekly and time trials standings can be found here.

Damn, I don't care what I have to do but I am going to be there. That straight is going to be a goddam bloodbath!

shandy706

Started the Australian V8s this week. Here's a Gif from my very first race with them.

Boy they can get squirrely coming out of turns.

iN29rbJFXcHhu.gif

Quick question as everyone here seems to be straight. Are any of you guys heavily invested in Project Cars?

Here and a few other forums I see small groups of people who are incredibly positive, play down criticism and are coming across as trying to sell the game if I'm honest. It's not *too* obvious here but I'm getting bad vibes never the less.

I wonder if people have been told to go forth and shill or just doing it off their own backs, understandable if they expect a decent return but it makes me a little uncomfortable.

Lima

I'm invested in the game.

I already told p3tran this when playing Ryse because his problem was the handling model. It's nothing like Shift 1 and 2. Regarding everything else I reserve judgment until the final game is out.

Ah cheers.

I'm interested in the game but because of the way it has been funded I'm finding it hard to know what to believe. My own fault for not getting into it and seeing for myself.

I have pCARS, if there's anything you're curious about I could always answer for you.

Thanks but as of now the only thing I want to know is how commited they are to 60fps for consoles (mainly Xbox One) T10 take some stick for the visual sacrifices they've made but they have my respect for sticking to their guns on framerate, on the flipside PD went balls out but the inconsistent framerate killed GT for me.

I look at pCARS and wonder which way it will go.

No doubt it's too early for an answer but hopefully we'll hear something way before the hype builds up.

zorbsie

Oh man, I watched Le Mans (1971) for the first time tonight. Pure badass! I promptly loaded up Forza 5 and and did 15 laps on Old Mulsanne Circuit. My best clean lap was 3:22.533. Was using the stock Mazda 787. I feel like a better tune might get more speed out of the long straight. I was only getting up to 216-18mph on it. I'm sure the tuners in the group will make these number look really bad.

I'm thinking for the weekend race we'll do 4 laps on this track. More than 10 minutes but less than 15. Still haven't figured how many laps for Road Atlana, probably 6 - 8.

Ruruja

Hi guys, I have a McLaren 12C code I got from a Pizza Hut deal a while back, never got round to giving it away. If you'd fancy it, just give me a PM.

p3tran

Banned
Ah cheers.

I'm interested in the game but because of the way it has been funded I'm finding it hard to know what to believe. My own fault for not getting into it and seeing for myself.

I missed our last Sunday's race 'cause i was playing with Lima that Island on Ryse. (well, in fact he was helping me stay alive for half a fuckin' hour!)
Of course as we were slaying them fools, we talked various games. He was very rigid that it indeed drives very well now, no relation to previous games. (which is all I'm troubled for. everything else = peachy for me).

BUT we will find out this sunday on our forza race whether Lima is able to separate good handling-bad handling or not :D
he does have all forza 5 achievements though... ;)

Oh man, I watched Le Mans (1971) for the first time tonight. Pure badass! I promptly loaded up Forza 5 and and did 15 laps on Old Mulsanne Circuit. My best clean lap was 3:22.533. Was using the stock Mazda 787. I feel like a better tune might get more speed out of the long straight. I was only getting up to 216-18mph on it. I'm sure the tuners in the group will make these number look really bad.

I'm thinking for the weekend race we'll do 4 laps on this track. More than 10 minutes but less than 15. Still haven't figured how many laps for Road Atlana, probably 6 - 8.

Damn dude, how have you NOT seen that before now? Such an incredible movie, plus there is only like 15 min of actual dialogue in the entire movie.

I haven't had a chance to practice yet, but I am hoping to get some time in tonight and tomorrow. We have most of the boxes unpacked, so we are slowly getting settled in.

zorbsie

Damn dude, how have you NOT seen that before now? Such an incredible movie, plus there is only like 15 min of actual dialogue in the entire movie.

I know, I know. A great wrong has been righted. If you don't count the race announcer it has even less dialogue in the movie. And that crash. Man alive, that crash. Haven't stopped playing Forza because of that movie. lol. There was another old racing movie you were talking about, Grand Prix? I've got to track that down too.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I know, I know. A great wrong has been righted. If you don't count the race announcer it has even less dialogue in the movie. And that crash. Man alive, that crash. Haven't stopped playing Forza because of that movie. lol. There was another old racing movie you were talking about, Grand Prix? I've got to track that down too.

Grand Prix has some amazing footage. I need to pick up Le Mans on Blu-Ray.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
god, i feel so bad for abandoning fm5. its a terrific game. i like this community. we actually got dlc tracks.

i just need a fucking wheel - a gaming pad just dosent cut it. has anyone heard anything new or have experience with the cronusmax converter dongle thingy-ma-bob? apparently some (all?) last gen wheels now work with it, but with flaws... force feedback replaced with some rumble conversion? added dead zones? i refuse to buy a new wheel - its insane that MS expects this with every new generation, but i need need need a wheel to truly take pleasure in a racer for extended periods of time.

I'm level 100 after two weeks. Am I sick or is this normal?

I love the hell out of this game and the new audio/visual overhauls of all of the tracks and cars, but I am finding that as I improve in my driving I learn to hate the Drivatars more and more. What I was willing to give a pass on - the bumper cars - was more alright when I was still getting a handle on the driving model and the tracks - but now that I have a solid understanding of both the AI is mussing up the works on every track - just some worse than others.

Still, I'm damn glad I got an xbone, even for just this singular game. Even with my substantial Drivatar gripes this is still an excellent driving game.

god, i feel so bad for abandoning fm5. its a terrific game. i like this community. we actually got dlc tracks.

i just need a fucking wheel - a gaming pad just dosent cut it. has anyone heard anything new or have experience with the cronusmax converter dongle thingy-ma-bob? apparently some (all?) last gen wheels now work with it, but with flaws... force feedback replaced with some rumble conversion? added dead zones? i refuse to buy a new wheel - its insane that MS expects this with every new generation, but i need need need a wheel to truly take pleasure in a racer for extended periods of time.

It looks like the T500 owners are the only wheel users not getting screwed over this generation.

G Rom

I'm level 100 after two weeks. Am I sick or is this normal?

I love the hell out of this game and the new audio/visual overhauls of all of the tracks and cars, but I am finding that as I improve in my driving I learn to hate the Drivatars more and more. What I was willing to give a pass on - the bumper cars - was more alright when I was still getting a handle on the driving model and the tracks - but now that I have a solid understanding of both the AI is mussing up the works on every track - just some worse than others.

Still, I'm damn glad I got an xbone, even for just this singular game. Even with my substantial Drivatar gripes this is still an excellent driving game.

I'm level 100 since this week and I've had the game since launch, this is where I see that I spend way too much time in the photo mode ! :)
Speaking of which, here are some new ones :

mobile.37995a10.jpg

mobile.380t2j3q.jpg

mobile.381cre0p.jpg

mobile.3837xk73.jpg

mobile.38218qeq.jpg

Spades

Sorry for the no show again last weekend guys - it's not as easy to be somewhere at a specific time when you've got a 5-week old wanting attention! :)

I'll do everything I can to make it this weekend - love the LMP cars!

Grand Prix has some amazing footage. I need to pick up Le Mans on Blu-Ray.

Both Le Mans and Grand Prix are must have on Blu-Ray. The transfer on Grand Prix looks incredible to me.

You should also check out The Gumball Rally and Cannonball Run if you haven't seen those yet.

zorbsie

I have both Cannonball runs. Silly but still fun to see those old cars. I'll add Gumball Rally to the list.

NullPointer, good work getting to 100. You'll be up here in the 400s in no time. :)

G Rom, so much awesome in those pics. Last one has a great flow to it.

I'm level 100 since this week and I've had the game since launch, this is where I see that I spend way too much time in the photo mode ! :)
Hah, but considering your output I'd say you're spending the right amount of time in photo mode. Keep em coming!

I have both Cannonball runs. Silly but still fun to see those old cars. I'll add Gumball Rally to the list.

NullPointer, good work getting to 100. You'll be up here in the 400s in no time. :)

G Rom, so much awesome in those pics. Last one has a great flow to it.

Gumball Rally is much better than Cannoball in my mind. It feels more authentic to the original Brock Yates idea, while still having some fun.

HeliosT10

You seen Truth in 24 yet? If you haven't it's a must watch for Le Mans fans!

Jason Statham does the narration too which gives it extra awesome points in my book :)

p3tran

Banned
Awesome Design :)

Something tells me Helios won't be tweeting that pic

hehe, its your design RAUDI, very good, but my pic is not official tweet quality :D
still, the closest gt has been to next gen yet.

ela, join us on sunday to celebrate your livery 8)

@soundscream, I can upload a test tune a bit later in the day, so you can test if it works better for your laptimes :)

@soundscream, I can upload a test tune a bit later in the day, so you can test if it works better for your laptimes :)

Thanks but I do my own tuning, I'm using the Ferrari anyway.

It's really just a lack of practice, I did like 3 laps, hard to get Forza time in when you're working 6 days a week for the past month.

Bobnob

Hey guy's i've put a mazda 7a7b tune up for le mans if anybody is interested, i'm currently sat in 11 place with it. Search "old lm" or by gt "Bob Dixon 76" .

Top Bottom