• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Bug?

I was racing, trying to get a perfect lap when all of a sudden the exclamation mark appeared.

I was driving straight and not touching anyone in that particular section.

Any ideas what could have caused this?

New DLC is out:

2013 BMW M Performance M3 Racing Car
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
2011 Aston Martin V12 Zagato (Villa d'Este)
1958 Aston Martin DBR1
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-396
1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe
1966 Ford Lotus Cortina
1973 Mazda RX-3

I have to say, considering it's the last season pass DLC, that's a pretty lackluster selection of cars. :/

At least there's a nice new M3 in there.

zorbsie

Now that the car pass is over I wonder if they'll announce another one next month. Maybe not 6 months, a 4 month extra car pass. Or would there be too much backlash against it. I just hope we get at least one more track DLC. I'd imagine they are switching gears to putting weather and night racing in Forza 6 now, so no more DLC for FM5. Believe.

DLC Trailer
http://youtu.be/3mz2coFLfU0

MazdaRX3-01-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

AlfaRomeoGTV-6-02-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

AstonMartinDBR1-01-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

AstonMartinZagato-03-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

BMW-M3-02-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

ChevyBelAir-02-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

ChevyChevelle-01-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

DodgeDart-01-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

FordCoupe-01-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

LotusCortina-01-WM-Forza5-DLC-Meguiars-May-jpg.ashx

I'd imagine they are switching gears to putting weather and night racing in Forza 6 now, so no more DLC for FM5. Believe.

One or the other for F6, I'd take a guess at weather. There's usually one big feature every Forza. Having both would leave the following game with nowhere to go.

Very 'meh' cars. I thought they might have gone taters deep with some upcoming/future hyper cars given this may be the last car pack?

p3tran

Banned
nice, downloading. (but no veneno or '14 vette)

so guys, have 6 months passed since nfs rivals launched? I wonder where is my porsche pack..

Bought the Lotus E21. I like it a lot. Theyve absolutely nailed the engine note of the Renault v8, especially outside the cockpit, it's a beautifully rich, full sound,especially when it's reverberates off the surrounding buildings. I dont like the gear shift animation or how the DRS flap opens in areas where the car would fly off the track were DRS activated in real life, but whatever. Ive been whipping the car around Prague, and my god, the sensation of speed is almost boner inducing.

Sound. and. Fury.

Having put almost 48 hours of track time into Codemaster's lastest (mediocre) offerings, I have to say, Turn 10 seem to capture the visceral, violent experience of a Formula 1 car better than the devs who actually have the fucking F1 license. Hilarity.
I hope Turn 10 can do a screaming Ferrari V10 from the early 2000s for the next Forza.

saladine1

I know its almost all a rehash of F4 cars, but dammit I LOVE the cars they chose to bring back. I am stoked about:

1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
1958 Aston Martin DBR1
1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1966 Ford Lotus Cortina
1973 Mazda RX-3

I love me some old cars!

Amazing!

Love the old stuff!

I know Mascot can't stand Drag Racing but how I wish Turn 10 made a proper Drag mode.

That RX3 would be all mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDbyamW_h70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zox8K475GHc

G Rom

Bought the Lotus E21. I like it a lot. Theyve absolutely nailed the engine note of the Renault v8, especially outside the cockpit, it's a beautifully rich, full sound,especially when it's reverberates off the surrounding buildings. I dont like the gear shift animation or how the DRS flap opens in areas where the car would fly off the track were DRS activated in real life, but whatever. Ive been whipping the car around Prague, and my god, the sensation of speed is almost boner inducing.

Sound. and. Fury.

Having put almost 48 hours of track time into Codemaster's lastest (mediocre) offerings, I have to say, Turn 10 seem to capture the visceral, violent experience of a Formula 1 car better than the devs who actually have the fucking F1 license. Hilarity.
I hope Turn 10 can do a screaming Ferrari V10 from the early 2000s for the next Forza.

I'd kill to get this best indeed :
F2004%201%20a.jpg

nice, downloading. (but no veneno or '14 vette)

so guys, have 6 months passed since nfs rivals launched? I wonder where is my porsche pack..

Funny how since there will be no NFS this year it will be a long time before we see any next gen Porsche.

#GOODJOBEA

Its really really hard to get excited for DLC cars where they are not new on the franchise, we are just getting them back, If this were a Forza 4 DLC I would be excited for it but since they are cars that we lost before........

Sorry, other than the tracks the DLC has been pretty lackluster for me, Sorry Turn10, the contents of Forza 5 are so disappointing :/

I always thought his rims were a little pricey but for the materials and licensing it's understandable.

No licensing on this one and no way €350's of material. He must be trying to claw back r&d + manufacturing costs to cover what's clearly a very niche product.

Fanatec sell the CSR wheel, Elite pedals and a shifter set bundle for $10 more.

Does the Thrustmaster wheels not need to read the rim's firmware in order to operate?

Mine knows which rim I'm using on PC.

edit: I'd consider this but would be fucked when it came to playing Forza having no buttons, dpad or paddles.

Does the Thrustmaster wheels not need to read the rim's firmware in order to operate?

Mine knows which rim I'm using on PC.

Well you would would be using a rim with buttons so it should detect it. But you should be able to use any rim with the adapter. Once the shifter is released I might go this route because now that we can use the wheel and pad simultaneously you can expand your wheel choice.

edit: I'd consider this but would be fucked when it came to playing Forza having no buttons, dpad or paddles.

well if you have some free time

http://www.insidesimracing.tv/wheel-tech/hardware-highlight-custom-wheel-plate-thrustmaster-wheels/

Lima

Its really really hard to get excited for DLC cars where they are not new on the franchise, we are just getting them back, If this were a Forza 4 DLC I would be excited for it but since they are cars that we lost before........

Sorry, other than the tracks the DLC has been pretty lackluster for me, Sorry Turn10, the contents of Forza 5 are so disappointing :/

As I understand it the fewer number of cars are a result of every car being available in auto vista right and requiring a lot more detail. Who even uses that shit? I went in there like once and checked out a car for the achievement.

p3tran

Banned
Can't go wrong with the GTE rim.

Wouldn't have minded an inch or two wider in diameter but it feels great.

I stuck some stickers on it as the buttons aren't marked up well.

p3tran

Banned
yeah, I remember your positive comments about it. but until recently I could not find it for less than 150e shipped to me.

is this what is really written as labels for the buttons though? (radio, wiper, water etc)
t480-6.jpg

Yeah that's a niggle. Left to right they are YXAB. Actually I have no idea thinking about it, 'A' is also mapped to a button on the base.

The rubber is nice, grippy enough but not tacky so it can slide through the hands.

p3tran

Banned
cool, maybe I'll plaster some stickers on that bitch too.
if i receive before our sunday race I will use it
to ram all canadians out! :D #teamgivesoundscreamachance

zorbsie

Oh man, things are really heating up for Sunday's races. lol
What is everyone running with? I'm having a hard time picking something.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
This months car pack may not be the greatest but I appreciate that every engine is modeled except for the BMW. Amazing detail.

Klocker

disappointed with the car pass this time....and where is my 15 vette?

What's next now that pass is over? I need to buy more cars to get the ones I want? tired of all the old F4 cars gimme new

Does T10 have a changelog when it comes to these updates?

Somewhere along the line it looks to me like the image quality has improved at 720p slightly, this could have happened with the Xbox itself because the iq was worse than F4 at 720p but now it's significantly better with only small amounts of aliasing on the lines at the side of the road.

I prefer it to 1080p

Just noticed something else, you can't see the graphics on the windows from the inside of the car. The number 10 vanishes from the windscreen of the Xbox One Commodore and opening the rear doors reveals nothing on the other side of the glass, it's clear. Wonder why that is? Same reason there's no tint to the top of windscreen in cars like the F40?

HeliosT10

Does T10 have a changelog when it comes to these updates?

Somewhere along the line it looks to me like the image quality has improved at 720p slightly, this could have happened with the Xbox itself because the iq was worse than F4 at 720p but now it's significantly better with only small amounts of aliasing on the lines at the side of the road.

I prefer it to 1080p

When we issue an update which contains game changes which would be of interest to the community we typically highlight these on our forums. See below for the latest example:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst14196_Tuning-Fix-in-Today-s-Content-Update.aspx

With regards the 720p image quality, I don't recall us making any changes in that area so I would imagine that any improvements you're seeing would be due to a console update.

Have been holding off on the car pass. May as well wait now for the inevitable discount. Do you think that will be a long time coming? Based on previous Forza titles, maybe another 6 months or so?

Top Bottom