• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Bobnob

I ran a 3.04.0 clean and a 3.03.2 lost time and the clean lap through the last chicane.If i remember right mine's a 5 gear set up probably be quicker if i turned it into a 3 gear set up.

zorbsie

Have an idea for next weeks header image, but I need a second car on the track. Any one free for 15 minutes today to help me out with a shot? It'll be a digital photoshoot. :)

Bobnob, I'll check that tune out. Thanks for posting it.

p3tran

Banned
P3tran, I'd love to check out that tune. Your time is like 12 secs faster than mine. lol
up in two seconds my friend

I ran a 3.04.0 clean and a 3.03.2 lost time and the clean lap through the last chicane.If i remember right mine's a 5 gear set up probably be quicker if i turned it into a 3 gear set up.
wow! welcome Bob, and mighty impressive time 8)
in my test, I could not make the car go faster than 370km/h. in fact the tune I use has a couple less than that in top speed in order to get a little more grip.
is your tune faster in top speed or the gear ratios help in ..turning?

zorbsie

Was setting things up with P3tran, but now seems like live is down for me. Maybe a hard reset will fix this on my end. P3tran are you still online on your end?

Devildoll

Christ :O, i managed 3:09.661 with the stock tune and a tad less air in the tyres.
I guess i'll try yours and see if that makes any difference.

Have an idea for next weeks header image, but I need a second car on the track. Any one free for 15 minutes today to help me out with a shot? It'll be a digital photoshoot. :)

I'm up for that, just say when.

lol I just sent you a pm saying that my live is down and am hard resetting everything haha

My live was down just now as well, guess it was global.

Bobnob

http://youtu.be/qLR0_jSUfsU

Standing start open tune at the end of it,probably the first tune i did on forza 5 so its far from polished.

3 gears probably will make a small difference but i think its more down to preference, i,ve also shared the tune again as i'm not sure it shared correctly the first time.

P3tran i really like that mazda paint.

p3tran

Banned
P3tran i really like that mazda paint.

you just go to paint, search for liveries, and put "raudi" in the creator field ;)

so, your car is not faster in the straights afterall. therefore chances are you are a very good driver.
you say its the first car you tried at forza5(!). so what where you doing before that? :D

Bobnob

you just go to paint, search for liveries, and put "raudi" in the creator field ;)

so, your car is not faster in the straights afterall. therefore chances are you are a very good driver.
you say its the first car you tried at forza5(!). so what where you doing before that? :D

The first tune i did on Forza 5 i played all the Forza's.

I'm doing 224 mph at the point of the first chicane probably a bit more on the leaderboard, it might be worth you having a look at how fast your car is getting to its peak performance on both straits. I had a look at your lap earlier and it does'nt seem bad at all so imo your car is losing you time somewhere.

I'm doing 224 mph at the point of the first chicane probably a bit more on the leaderboard, it might be worth you having a look at how fast your car is getting to its peak performance on both straits. I had a look at your lap earlier and it does'nt seem bad at all so imo your car is losing you time somewhere.

Now we just need to get Dead Poul and Ox back to racing and you guys will have your very own little league up front!

SarBear

Now we just need to get Dead Poul and Ox back to racing and you guys will have your very own little league up front!

I race when I can. Damn job. I'll probably race a few laps with a similar tune to see if I can match a top time. I'm pretty good, but not top ten good.

Damn I keep missing the basherboards resupply allocations for the cpx adapter. And he just put up a note saying he is going to stop production for a few weeks because he and his wife are expecting a baby any day........................................sigh

Fuck me

I can get my Ferrari up to 218...............if i adjust the down force to undriveable

Looking back on my choice of car now

uU81lDP.gif

p3tran

Banned
so I tested and its not the car. I can always pass at first chicane at 365kmh (~226mph).
its that I dont know the track turns well enough for these high speeds. well, I did post a #125 time and thought I was done, but then Bob here told me it aint so :)
Also devildol's lap is very impressive, as his car cant go more than 345-350 kmh in the big straights, and its all good turns for him. you're using a wheel scr0ne?

anyway, I think I will try the audi FSI for a change, since its not the top speed of the 787b that is my problem and the fsi I like and cant be far behind :)

zorbsie

Watched both "Truth in 24" documentaries last night, great stuff. I'm on a racing movie binge lately. Tonight will be Grand Prix.

Thanks to P3tran for helping me out with the header image. Got some good shots out of that session.

Going to try out the 787 tunes you guys posted later today. Hopefully they can help my times.

Devildoll

Also devildol's lap is very impressive, as his car cant go more than 345-350 kmh in the big straights, and its all good turns for him. you're using a wheel scr0ne?

I wish i had a wheel, but i'm using a gamepad and simulation steering, i only tried the other setting for a brief time when i first got the game, so i dont remember the difference.

Lima

When are you fuckers gonna race Sunday? I wanna watch the Dogecoin car so pls don't let it be at Nascar time.

Sorry if I've asked this before. Anybody know what's happening after the May DLC?

Is another season pass planned, more DLC but no pass or is this the last pack?

Well shit. I switched to a new Internet provider because they had faster service. But know it's been up and down all weekend. I am not sure if I will even be able to join.

Such bullshit.

Devildoll

I tired Bobnob's tune, but pretty much couldn't make it to the main straight without spinning out or taking it slow, that 5 degree camber means i cant go as hard as the gas as i am used to on the 787B i guess.
I took "inspiration" from your aero and gearing and dumped it onto the stock tune i'm running, and managed to get a dirty superhigh 3:06, but as far as clean goes, i did 3:07.874

Well shit. I switched to a new Internet provider because they had faster service. But know it's been up and down all weekend. I am not sure if I will even be able to join.

Such bullshit.

check everything you can at your end.
router overheating from new speeds when taxed?
try cables instead of wifi, etc etc.

Devildoll

I think i have everyone on my friendslist, although i've never hosted a lobby before, i'll give it a shot if there are no other takers. If a host could impact the experience negatively it would be me, as i probably live farthest away from everyone.

Starts in one hour right?
and old Le mans layout is what we're running? just to be clear, right?

Got a good little laugh there....."weeeeeeeeeeeeee".

Got bored and took some shots of LB today. Completely random stuff. Such a great looking game. Turn 10 put in a ton of work on this track. Can't wait to see the Ring.

Really is a great addition to the series, I'm not a fan of street circuits in games but it's a welcome change of pace.

zorbsie

Bummed that I missed the races fellas. I checked both Devildoll's and Shortt's streams. But I didn't get the results for the second race.
Can anyone confirm:
1. BigT
2. Scr0ne
3. Soundscream
4. Shortt

Let me know and I'll update the standings.

Also I talked about this during last weeks race, but this season will end on week 20. 3 more weekend races to go. If you want to do a specific race/car for any of the last 2 weeks let me know. I'll post next week's setup when I do the standings.

But the races won't end there. P3tran gave a great suggestion of having shorter seasons of just 4 weeks and do spec races. Same car different tracks for 4 weeks. I really like the idea. Obviously picking the car will need input from everyone involved. What do you guys think?

Fuckin' Canadians? Tsk Tsk Shortt. :)

Bummed that I missed the races fellas. I checked both Devildoll's and Shortt's streams. But I didn't get the results for the second race.
Can anyone confirm:
1. BigT
2. Scr0ne
3. Soundscream
4. Shortt

Let me know and I'll update the standings.

Also I talked about this during last weeks race, but this season will end on week 20. 3 more weekend races to go. If you want to do a specific race/car for any of the last 2 weeks let me know. I'll post next week's setup when I do the standings.

But the races won't end there. P3tran gave a great suggestion of having shorter seasons of just 4 weeks and do spec races. Same car different tracks for 4 weeks. I really like the idea. Obviously picking the car will need input from everyone involved. What do you guys think?

Fuckin' Canadians? Tsk Tsk Shortt. :)

Noticeable lack of crashes today...............just saying

Things go rather smoothly when the Canadian Mafia isn't trying to fuck people up! I imagine the stream might be a little odd when it looks like I am talking to myself. Or can you hear the whole party in the stream?

zorbsie

Things go rather smoothly when the Canadian Mafia isn't trying to fuck people up! I imagine the stream might be a little odd when it looks like I am talking to myself. Or can you hear the whole party in the stream?

No, sadly you can't. But I could only imagine what was said before that comment. :)
Probably something to do with a totally clean race.

zorbsie

league_week174ejna.png

Lambos VS Ferraris

Car Max Class S800
Lots to pick from
2008 Lamborghini Reventon (DLC)
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
1967 Lamborghini Miura P400
1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
2011 Lamborghini FM Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera

1991 Ferrari 512 TR
1984 Ferrari GTO
1987 Ferrari F40
1995 Ferrari F50
1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1957 Ferrari 250 California (DLC)
1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
1962 Ferrari 250 GTO
1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT (DLC)
1968 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 (DLC)
2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello (DLC)
2011 Ferrari FF (DLC)
2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari (DLC)
2012 F12berlinetta
2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
2008 Ferrari California

Tracks
Yas Marina Full (Stop crying)
Prague Short Reverse

As always, all are welcome to come out on Sunday. We race at 2pm Eastern. Races are 10 to 15 minutes long so it's not a huge commitment for people. But if you can't make it and want to participate some how, why don't you try...

Time Trials
Same cars same tracks. Post your times here and PM your final time to be added to the standings.

Up to date standings can be found here.

As I said before week 20 will be the last week for this season. If you have a race idea you'd like to see us do, feel free to let me know. Only a few weeks left. Sorry for the long post too many cars to list. As someone who doesn't have any of the DLC packs, that Ferrari list hurts me. :)

Haha, it was mainly about Crude. Apparently he has a penchant for running SoundScream off the road at random intervals.
This sounds accurate. lol

Haha, it was mainly about Crude. Apparently he has a penchant for running SoundScream off the road at random intervals.

It's a nice thought but pay attention, child:
- many of us hit soundscream.
- a few of us that hit soundscream share a nationality.
- humans draw conclusions from coincidences.
- soundscream is presumably human, though of course he may be a dog.
- therefore "Canadian mafia"

zorbsie

Damn Zorbs, nice choice in races! (Still fuckin HATE Yas tho!) I propose we trade Yas for Alps!

Funny you should say that, I was thinking about Alps. Picked Prague instead. Yas isn't my favourite track, but we never race it so I thought why not.

How about classic f1 cars for one of the remaining race weekends and have spa as one of the tracks?

YES! Great idea. It's just be the the Ferrari and the McLaren, right? Was there any more in the car packs?

Top Bottom