• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

zorbsie

Track is amazing. We will be racing the ring for sure. And the booster pack is outstanding. So glad I got the car pass now.

amar212

Hey G Rom and Jorge Pinto, mind if I use a couple of your shots at some point? :)

Helios, please provide Blim with some full 60fps on-board cockpit gameplay of the full lap - Lotus or BMWGT2 would be amazing to see for all of us that can't play the game.

Jerome: Thanx for the answer, great job with the pics!

Sony better bring it big time with their conference or else I will rue them for taking up what would otherwise be quality Nurburgring time ;p

This was all a part of your dark plan, wasn't it MS.

mobile.477d0xd2.jpg
I said god damn.

Yep, I agree that Forza has surpassed GT's rendition of the track and that's something I thought I'd never say to be honest.
That's some very high praise, but I'm inclined to believe you. Can't wait.

HeliosT10

Helios, please provide Blim with some full 60fps on-board cockpit gameplay of the full lap - Lotus or BMWGT2 would be amazing to see for all of us that can't play the game.

Jerome: Thanx for the answer, great job with the pics!

I'm sure there would be some community members here with capture cards who could oblige?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the Ring is super impressive well done Turn 10. Also the glow of the brakes in the Brabham is awesome in cockpit view while driving.

Got my XboxOne Friday, picked up the limited edition of this game today, purchased the car pack on sale I am ready for the next NeoGAF race season to start.

So once I restarted Forza and saw that it recognized that it needed to update I switched over to the Sony conference. Just in time really.

Two hours later, conference completed, and GAF completely fubar'd I decide to jump into Forza for some sweet sweet Nurburgring action... only to find the system asking for my OK of its recognition that an update was needed. I hit OK and the update has only, just now, started downloading. And its taking fucking forever.

God damnit.

Master Chief Collection won e3 by far BTW

Nurburgring looks fantastic, love the lighting on the track! Will take more pics tomorrow, it was a long day. Helios, are there any more surprises for Forza 5 or just one more car pack and we wait for FM6? Horizon 2 looks fantastic 2 can't wait to play it.

14387043774_27e150ca67_o.jpg

Yep, I agree that Forza has surpassed GT's rendition of the track and that's something I thought I'd never say to be honest.
While GT still has dynamic time of day and weather going for him obviously, the sense of speed and claustrophobia are much more impressive in Forza, that coupled with the highly detailed road surface make for a thrilling ride. The Forza version is finally worthy of the "Green Hell" nickname now IMO !

I have to SO agree with you, mate! This track is the only one I would continue to drive in GT5 after a while. This track is awesome! Makes me really want to get a wheel so I can really appreciate all road surface detail.

Here are some pics I took from my first run on the track today! If this comes to Forza 6 with a day/night, and dare I say variable weather, I will be overjoyed!

I've only done a few laps and I'm not ready to say that its better than the GT5 version, but in comparison to previous Forzas its dramatically improved.

I do get a much better sense of elevation both before and after both carousels, and it looks like there is more fencing and graffiti and definitely more God rays, but the GT5 version felt even thinner and more dangerous, and you don't soon forget speeding around at sunrise and sunset at such places.

But man, I still have nothing but love for this track and couldn't be happier to see it in brand new form with Forza. I love every bit of it.

p3tran

Banned
The moment Dan said "available ... now!" and "free" was really amazing. Thanks Turn10! Great job!
yes, best E3 ever for me, easily!
and I called it some days ago, exactly as it happened
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115024519&postcount=6382
;)
mind you, I did stop watching the E3 to go and start my download :D

I've only done a few laps and I'm not ready to say that its better than the GT5 version, but in comparison to previous Forzas its dramatically improved.

I do get a much better sense of elevation both before and after both carousels, and it looks like there is more fencing and graffiti and definitely more God rays, but the GT5 version felt even thinner and more dangerous, and you don't soon forget speeding around at sunrise and sunset at such places.

given that forza version has just been recently laser scanned, I would imagine that it is closer to the more authentic "claustrophobic" nature of the track than anything else.

I only had time to go around it a few times (like 10!) yesterday, and did that in D and C class only, but boy am I happy to drive my forza ring! :D

will do later today what I had planned since november, a divine session where I take the yellowbird and run on the ring it until there are no tires left..! 8)

Spades

Well guys, I'm sorry to report that last night I managed to break my finger in 3 places and tear a tendon which means I won't be trying out the Ring for a while :(

Gutted.

p3tran

Banned
Well guys, I'm sorry to report that last night I managed to break my finger in 3 places and tear a tendon which means I won't be trying out the Ring for a while :(

Gutted.

ouch! sorry to hear that Spades, and wishes for a quick recovery for your finger my friend!

on the other hand (sic) maybe its opportunity you get a wheel now and play automatic till your finger can handle the gears. especially if you are setting out some recovery time for the accident.
you can always drive with one hand, resting the other comfortably on your imaginary open window, Greek style lol
:)

Spades

ouch! sorry to hear that Spades, and wishes for a quick recovery for your finger my friend!

on the other hand (sic) maybe its opportunity you get a wheel now and play automatic till your finger can handle the gears. especially if you are setting out some recovery time for the accident.
you can always drive with one hand, resting the other comfortably on your imaginary open window, Greek style lol
:)

Haha! My wheel and Playseat were retired last year mate when I vowed to take racing games less seriously!

Hopefully I'll be out of this cast soon because I really fancy running a FF championship!

G Rom

Sorry to hear that Spades, hope you recover asap !

Two more, as I predicted after my first lap, the results you can get in terms of photos are incredible. The lighting combined with finally using realistic 2D trees and the usual texture work pays off big time.

mobile.478b5flw.jpg

mobile.47950rc7.jpg

ShamePain

Banned
Sorry to hear that Spades, hope you recover asap !

Two more, as I predicted after my first lap, the results you can get in terms of photos are incredible. The lighting combined with finally using realistic 2D trees and the usual texture work pays off big time.

mobile.478b5flw.jpg

mobile.47950rc7.jpg

Man, that looks legit photorealistic. How do you compose your shots so well?

Grassy

Holy fucking shitballs, I just came here to check out what the 2.8GB update was...and it's the motherfucking Nurburgring?!?!

Can't believe it, cheers Turn 10!

MagicBoy

Neo Member
We happy in here? :D

Been very hard to keep this quiet, especially with people asking about the Ring every day and giving us a lot of stick for not including it at launch, but I'm sooo glad it's finally out there now! Hopefully you'll find it worth the wait and agree with me that a job done right is a job worth waiting for.

Ecstatic.Top job.

Now, any chance of some distance meters and some lobby sorting options? ;)

Spades

OK so for the FF Champ, I am thinking...

Team based
Drivers and constructors championships
One race per week so we can run this alongside the MX5-Cup
14:00 EDT / 18:00 GMT race start

Points awarded
1st - 10
2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 3
7th - 2
8th - 1
Fastest lap - 1

29th June - Nürburgring GP Circuit / 6 Laps
6th July - Long Beach / 6 Laps
13th July - Silverstone / 6 Laps
20th July - Road America / 6 Laps
27th July - Spa Francorchamps / 6 Laps
3rd August - Bathurst / 6 Laps
10th August - Circuit de Catalunya / 6 Laps

*Your worst result will not count towards the final standings - this will allow people to miss a week without impact

How does this sound to you guys? Any suggestions to improve?

Who is in?

Team based

Points awarded
1st - 10
2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 3
7th - 2
8th - 1
Fastest lap - 1

*Your worst result will not count towards the final standings - this will allow people to miss a week without impact

Who is in?

I am always down for racing with ForzaGAF.

Team based

Points awarded
1st - 10
2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 3
7th - 2
8th - 1
Fastest lap - 1

Who is in?

Count me in.

Just got round to downloading and doing a lap, it's beautiful. All worn in, overgrown, rustic and shit. Just lovely.

Didn't realise the booster pack was free for season pass owners.

Mascot

The narrowness of the track means you'll have to be discriminating when choosing where to overtake, but who the hell actually enjoys racing on the 'Ring? For me, it's a time-trial challenge without equal, and the experience here is a night-and-day difference from the earlier games.

In slower cars it's a lot of fun racing on the 'Ring, but in fast cars? Not so much.

frontieruk

Team based

Points awarded
1st - 10
2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 3
7th - 2
8th - 1
Fastest lap - 1

Who is in?

I'll say yes.

Devildoll

Oh my god, i tuned into the xbox briefing at the end of the horizon bit yesterday.

Just now found out about the ring.

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Mascot

But going 150+ miles an hour on the ring and not having someone remove your road rashed and squished body from the asphalt is part of the charm.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love hooning hypercars around the 'Ring, but the track is so narrow it doesn't support actual racing very well. For hotlapping it's awesome, of course.

Jrs3000

I was just thinking if the new dev kits that allow for more gpu usage has just came out now then does that mean they may improve even more on graphics before release since what we see now was before that unlock?

Top Bottom