• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Klocker

Why did t10 remove the custom grouping options on garage (my cars)???

My ocd sorting desire is being severely hampered. Lol

Please bring back along with sell cars/parts options. K thx

As long as you race with a car you own and not a rental.

Really think it was a big balance to the pricing and payout restrictions. I think their vision was slower progression and free play credits works better with a slow build up of cars.

That said I went crazy and bought everything I could get my hands on... no patience I guess

jcutner

I blew all my LE tokens this weekend on the half price thing and loaded up my garage with all the cars I would want (for now).

Then spent a few hours going through one by one making the modifications I wanted to bring them up to the class spec.

Feels good, man.

zorbsie

Free play mode works for me.
pick my car, my track, pick opponents, my no. of laps.

also,

do you want to earn 200k in every 12mins? pro tip: its a 20 lap race :)

Are freeplay payouts based on laps or distance? Oh man I see a lot of freeplay in my future. lol

I am actually glad they did it this way. Past Forza games I have very little connection to any of the cars I own because, well they are just so easy to get. This will make you feel some ownership, that is one thing I miss from GT in Forza where you feel somewhat attach to the car you own, because well you have to work your ass off for one.

shandy706

Few shots from the weekend. Didn't spend much despite the sale. Rocking over 3mil right now.

DF31B7BA-239D-4DDD-9F4A-ADDBEA12027B-3573-00000915AA1E747F_zpsaeb925e0.jpg

1769349D-4804-47FD-A8AC-882FFE701A8B-3573-00000915B626309B_zpsdd74fd47.jpg

ADCF0F0B-AC7E-43D7-B51E-FAE61D30BB9D-3573-00000915C087E8CE_zpsd786167c.jpg

Wish I had more time to play. Loving the physics and AI. One of my friend's AI is a real fighter! Battled it all weekend.

Seanspeed

Banned
That's a really nice addition.

Are the options still pretty limited? They need to allow people access to the multiplayer rules editor to create their own custom races in an offline environment. It amazes me they haven't done this because it would be freakin incredible.

How limited or powerfull is the free race mode compared with Forza 4? I know you cant use cars unless you own them, but what about the other settings?

Aptos

i put up a grip tune for you. should make life little easier. search for my tag.

how to search for tunes:

- goto TUNE/GRADE, having already selected the car you want to get a tune for.
- goto SETUP MANAGER and press LOAD SETUP
- press SEARCH, then proceed to choose the CAR CLASS in which you are interested
- you can also SEARCH BY CREATOR, by manually entering the name of creator

you can also narrow down by track, but then maybe you'miss an all around better tune.

edit:
@rugbyplayer
VERY playable. like, the most playable racer with a pad ;)

Thanks! I'll take a look later tonight.
Edit: could you hook it up with an S class tune as well?

Another question for y'all: does anyone know how to view your track times versus your friends? My friends have been sweeping through after me and beating my times, and I'd like to go back and take it back. I just can't figure out how to just see friends leaderboards per track. Anyone know how to do this?

NeoGash

difference in graphics between forza 2 and forza 4, IN-GAME, is nothing sort of night and day.

period
its not as big as you say sorry

I thought the difference between 2 and 3 was night and day. 3 to 4 was another massive leap in a lot of aspects too, most notably lighting and I think AI cars had higher poly counts, and there were more of them. I don't know if we'll get (autovista?) level of detail, but we could get pretty damn close if this generation was anything to go by.

At least autovista should start looking better and better. I wonder if in Forza 6 they will update Forza 5's autovista models (Is it Forzavista now?), or just add new ones and leave the old ones the same.

saladine1

Does anyone know which race cars use traction control?

I would've liked to see a description of sorts detailing which cars have what aids from factory.

Finally got the car pack today and now I have my LaFerrari :) I made something for it, mostly for myself bu if you guys like it you can grab it, It's up for everyone.

11185471945_028e3eff38_c.jpg

11185516426_850fb53d50_c.jpg

11185628913_02dc25e0b1_c.jpg

11185629103_168c3727ff_c.jpg

Shaneus

Finally got the car pack today and now I have my LaFerrari :) I made something for it, mostly for myself bu if you guys like it you can grab it, It's up for everyone.

11185471945_028e3eff38_c.jpg

11185516426_850fb53d50_c.jpg

11185628913_02dc25e0b1_c.jpg

11185629103_168c3727ff_c.jpg
STOP MAKING ME WANT THIS GAME.

Looks stunning, BTW.

BTW Does this Forza have the same problem as the old ones with the ultra-low custom paint jobs when you view it from bonnet cam?

faberpach

Where are the news about the expansion packs?

Does anyone else feel that they might be getting back to the drawing board on how they price stuff and that is the reason everything has been so quiet?

saladine1

Where are the news about the expansion packs?

Does anyone else feel that they might be getting back to the drawing board on how they price stuff and that is the reason everything has been so quiet?

Yeah, after the day 1 DLC, micro-transaction and game economy stuff, the announcement for more money making schemes wouldn't sit too well at the moment.

I certainly hope that they do go back to the drawing board and work shit out properly this time. It's quite obvious that MS used Turn 10 and Forza as it's guinea pig. They tried to test the waters but it backfired pretty badly.

Time to use some common sense and try to win back some respectability and trust after this whole ordeal. Hopefully, they've learned their lesson and that this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

Got a text from my friend yesterday.
FUCK YOUR FUCKING DRIVATAR
YOU GODDAMN WOOD PIECE OF SHIT

Taking this as a confirmation that I'm one of those jerk drivers that ruins the game, like Jeff Gerstmann complained about. Even though he's one of those drivers based on his Drivatar...

mrJared

Banned
Wow, that is pretty crazy dedication right there.

Comparing a game from 2013 to a game that came out in 2007 say it all.

Also, I didn't complain about the $60 game I bought. I knew what I was getting for my $60 and I don't regret buying it. I complained about them trying to sell us tracks that were in the last $60 game they were selling a couple years ago. If they wanted to create good will with their customers it would be wise to throw people a bone and at least make that first DLC track free.

Everyone here knows, they are going to sell people that same Nurburgring from all previous Forza's, nothing is going to have changed except for some graphical upgrades.

Got a text from my friend yesterday.

Taking this as a confirmation that I'm one of those jerk drivers that ruins the game, like Jeff Gerstmann complained about. Even though he's one of those drivers based on his Drivatar...

I feel like the game registers hit with other people, even if not your fault, as aggressiveness from you. So there seems to be some compounding affect of people just slamming into each other. I have yet to see a really good drivatar.

besada

Banned

I walked into work and told a co-worker that his Drivatar was an asshole, too. Pitted my car into a full spin on the last turn while I was in first place.

Whereas Meowjesty's Drivatar is always a perfect gentleman.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, who else expects an announcement, and trailer, of the fm5 expansion packs at the VGAs? cant wait to have the s*** storm start anew when turn10 shows off footage from a few tracks that weren't finished in time for day 1 free dlc.

Xanadu

Banned
so, who else expects an announcement, and trailer, of the fm5 expansion packs at the VGAs? cant wait to have the s*** storm start anew when turn10 shows off footage from a few tracks that weren't finished in time for day 1 free dlc.

i thought you were fallen?

Highly unlikely you'll see anything about the game there.

Top Bottom