• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

fritolay

Picked up Forza 5 last week. I have played every Forza game except horizons. Here are a few thoughts...

1) I expected more from the graphics. Maybe the little things I don't see that take a like of processing power. I have seen a comparison to the last Forza and yeah there is a big difference. Maybe my expectations were too high with this being a launch showcase game.

2) I love the Top Gear commentary. I really like hearing more about different cars types and other things related to this.

3) Head tracking seems to work by leaning in your seat. Battlefield 4 you can turn your head and look, which I think maybe would have been better. Then again maybe not a good option when racing as it would make the camera view turn too much.

4) The way you can purchase a car, and then apply someone's uploaded design the next step is fantastic!

zorbsie

Sunday racers:
zorbsie
drugstore_cowboy
Spaceman Spiff
CrudeDiatribe
Muerte_X
p3tran
SarBear
Munish23
op_ivy
Terbinator
SoundScream

Still plenty of room for anyone else.
Put this together quickly, might change the typeface for the numbers. Still only had like 10 minutes to do it.
gaf_numbera6kqi.jpg

BIGT468

Sunday racers:
zorbsie
drugstore_cowboy
Spaceman Spiff
CrudeDiatribe
Muerte_X
p3tran
SarBear
Munish23
op_ivy
Terbinator
SoundScream

Still plenty of room for anyone else.
Put this together quickly, might change the typeface for the numbers. Still only had like 10 minutes to do it.
gaf_numbera6kqi.jpg

You can put me on the list also.

frontieruk

is the race going to be streamed?

I wish Gotham TV had been a bigger success, being able to watch friends races now would be almost like watching a real race with the fidelity of the models :(

zorbsie

is the race going to be streamed?

I wish Gotham TV had been a bigger success, being able to watch friends races now would be almost like watching a real race with the fidelity of the models :(

what's even worse is that as far as I know you can't save multiplayer replays. When we did this with FM4 I could save the replay and upload a video. Now there is nothing. Bummer.

BigT468: I'm on my phone but I'll add you to the list later.

SarBear

what's even worse is that as far as I know you can't save multiplayer replays. When we did this with FM4 I could save the replay and upload a video. Now there is nothing. Bummer.

BigT468: I'm on my phone but I'll add you to the list later.

Wait.....what?

frontieruk

WTF what the hell is that cloud power being used for, viewing lobbies and uploads of online races should be priorities.

Wow. Next time I'm near a keyboard I'm sounding off about how bad Forza 5 is. And it will be a long fucking rant.

Just popping over to forza motorsport to see if others have sounded off...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
it wont be anywhere near the full race, but if anyone wants to snap upload studio you can record a fair amount (15 minutes was it?)

and lol at poor p3tran! 90 something followers, 0 friends. zero. come on man, i'll be your friend!

frontieruk

it wont be anywhere near the full race, but if anyone wants to snap upload studio you can record a fair amount (15 minutes was it?)

and lol at poor p3tran! 90 something followers, 0 friends. zero. come on man, i'll be your friend!

5 minutes, something ms could really do some work on.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Every 30 seconds one of us has to say, "Xbox record that". Then we'll splice it all together.

naw, one of us can take one for the team and just repeat the "xbox record that" phrase every 15 seconds. no need to trade off. i nominate sarbear.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Put me on there too!

XBL: Sleep8

Will do my best to not hit anyone. Do I need to get a particular car for this? Haven't gone online with forza even once yet.

frontieruk

Put me on there too!

XBL: Sleep8

Will do my best to not hit anyone. Do I need to get a particular car for this? Haven't gone online with forza even once yet.

Here's the setup for the races tonight...

I'll use it to buy something for the league races. Speaking of which.

league_week1aay03.png

Going with Crude's suggestion of '60s GT cars at Le Mans and Spa.
10 laps each.
Cars must be no higher than B600
Cars must have roll cages. For the safety of the drivatar.
Start time on the 5th will be 2pm EST.
Let me know if you can make it or if the time is no good. I have some wiggle room with the time of day.
Also let me know if I'm missing anything here as far as restrictions go.

Krilekk

Banned

I think if you block your friends from being seen by other members they show up for everyone else as 0.

So this is where the thread went, huh. Already have cinema today but I won't miss the next race. Good luck to everyone racing today.

p3tran

Banned

about recording our race, our best chance right now is to have someone recording/streaming, then upload to youtube.
cant wait for xbone OS to get patched, so many forza features may return. (like multiplayer replays for example...)

and thank you for offering :D but given that I am not antisocial, let alone ZERO level antisocial, chances are that the privacy settings on xbone are blocking you to see my f/l lolol ;p

about your pm, its better to talk via xbox live than writing down shit ;)

now, as I said, i wont be racing the ferrari.
also, i decided to make things more interesting, to create ONE CAR - ONE TUNE for both tracks/races. so no switching for me.

I think I will be using this work in progress baby

daytoooonanvijx.jpg

(daytoooona.wav)

but also I was intrigued when sarbear said that you cant make a jaguar compete, so if i have time I will also buy one and fiddle with it :)

p3tran

Banned
She brakes and turns like Knock Nevis, really interested to see how you do.

hehe, I had to google Knock Nevis, but i can assure you my tune feels nothing like a supertanker. on the contrary, its pretty controllable I'd say...

already broke 2:37's in my second test lap.
I am uploading as soon as I do some more finetuning. ok?

edit: and done!
so now I have tunes up for three cars from our selection: the ferrari gto, the shelby daytona and the jag.
all three more than capable for very good times. not top10, but respectable (top 100-150) with more forgiving handling.
anybody that wants to can test/use them. just search for my tag on tune menu in the specific car.
now, I might also be doing the miura, or I might spend some time on making the daytona competitive in both tracks with only one setup like i said..

Spades

Is this going to be a weekly event? I'd love to join in but not sure I'll make it this week. (Gamertag is Block Mate).

SarBear

but also I was intrigued when sarbear said that you cant make a jaguar compete, so if i have time I will also buy one and fiddle with it :)

It won't compete with the Shelbys or the GTO.

GTO does 34 ish
Shelbys do 35

On another note. I really hope these plows come soon. We got nearly 10 inches in Detroit and I need to get back home to where the Xbox is.

zorbsie

Of course my internet is down today. Perfect. Hopefully I can get it sorted before race time.

Edit:seems like its an area issue. Probably won't be solved before the race. Looks like im out fellas. Can some setup the races in my absence?

Of course my internet is down today. Perfect. Hopefully I can get it sorted before race time.

Edit:seems like its an area issue. Probably won't be solved before the race. Looks like im out fellas. Can some setup the races in my absence?

Damn. Now I'm certain to be last.

What time here in the UK is it going to be? I need to take the dog out for a shit and get a couple of laps in.

7pm?

What time here in the UK is it going to be? I need to take the dog out for a shit and get a couple of laps in.

1.5 hours.

I found the GTO p3tan tuned to be very fast but too much to handle for ten laps.

I will probably run the Jag at Le Mans. Strangely I found my max-grip Vette faster there than one with more top speed-- the difference on the back half of the track was very stark.

zorbsie

Internet is back!
Here are the racers:
zorbsie
drugstore_cowboy
Spaceman Spiff
CrudeDiatribe
Muerte_X
p3tran
SarBear
Munish23
op_ivy
Terbinator
SoundScream
BigT468
Sub_Level

Race time is 2:00pm, EST
We'll make sure to do a warm up lap before the real race hoping to get that started for 2:30. I'll setup the lobby in 45 minutes. If you don't have me on your friends list feel free to add me. GT:zorbs

SarBear

1.5 hours.

I found the GTO p3tan tuned to be very fast but too much to handle for ten laps.

I will probably run the Jag at Le Mans. Strangely I found my max-grip Vette faster there than one with more top speed-- the difference on the back half of the track was very stark.

Speed is irrelevant for Spa.

Top Bottom