• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

zorbsie

league_week8bisif.png

Mitsy VS Scooby
Better late than never. Here is the setup for this weeks race. I wanted to keep this cheap because next week I want to do indy cars.
Start saving now Crude.
Hopefully we'll get loads of money through Forza rewards and we won't have to worry about the cost of the indy cars.
Car class C500 max.
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR
1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi

Tracks: Le Mans - Bugatti Circuit 5 laps, Prague Full Reverse 5 Laps

Time Trials
For those of you who can't make it but still want to compete we'll be doing a week long time trial. You have until Sunday before the race to post your time. Not sure what to do about standings. Do you guys want a separate standings for the time trials? Or have the time trial point count with the weekly races points. Either works for me, speak up and let me know. The time trial will be Circuit de Catalunya - School Circuit. Car will be stock Honda Civic CRX Mugen. If you have suggestions on the time trial or tracks/cars you want to do in future races let me know. Always open to ideas.

No new standings yet, I'm a little behind on everything. lol I'll post those as soon as I can.

league_week8bisif.png

Mitsy VS Scooby
Better late than never. Here is the setup for this weeks race. I wanted to keep this cheap because next week I want to do indy cars.
Start saving now Crude.
Hopefully we'll get loads of money through Forza rewards and we won't have to worry about the cost of the indy cars.
Car class C500 max.

Time Trials
For those of you who can't make it but still want to compete we'll be doing a week long time trial. You have until Sunday before the race to post your time. Not sure what to do about standings. Do you guys want a separate standings for the time trials? Or have the time trial point count with the weekly races points. Either works for me, speak up and let me know. The time trial will be Circuit de Catalunya - School Circuit. Car will be stock Honda Civic CRX Mugen. If you have suggestions on the time trial or tracks/cars you want to do in future races let me know. Always open to ideas.

No new standings yet, I'm a little behind on everything. lol I'll post those as soon as I can.

879Za5W.png

Sundays are no good for racing here, apart from that first time where I fucked it up I haven't had to chance to get near the Xbox.

Weekly time trials are a great idea.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
league_week8bisif.png

Mitsy VS Scooby
Start saving now Crude.
Car class C500 max.

Time Trials

I think time trials should have their own leaderboard. Also, why not have it mirror the weekly event? This will help people be more prepared for race day and give plenty of time to play about with settings to arrive at something just right for them at the weekly races. Lastly, it may encourage more discussion as times are posted for tips on car choice, tuning, and racing lines.

also, i want an excuse to break in my soon-to-be real life car - the evo x

:)

league_week8bisif.png

Mitsy VS Scooby
Start saving now Crude.
Car class C500 max.

Time Trials

Lets do this!

12821530993_8dc97d7dc4_c.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

Bonus: Happy car is happy

12821869044_09ba0dd505_c.jpg

frontieruk

Can you filter the table by friends? If so pics aren't really required, I just wanted to make sure people saw times being posted ;)

zorbsie

Nice to see some times posted. I agree with op_ivy, time trails should be it's own leaderboard and from next week on it will mirror the weekend races. I like the idea of making it almost practice for the main race.

Frontieruk, I think you can filter the table by friends, but if they have done a track faster with another car that will show up. Pics are nice but I don't think they are necessary, we'll use the honor system with these.

zorbsie

Just like the weekly races you can use any assist you'd like. I'll start making a running standings list here and a google docs file on Sunday after the races.

Most time is lost coming through the right / left towards the end of the lap, come through it to quickly (and you can go through it quickly) you lose acceleration up the hill as you have to change gear earlier...

Yeah I've tightened it up around there now 55.853, I'm losing a little time at the first turn I think.

55.561 now, making some silly mistakes as ghost is getting in the way.

RoKKeR

Even though I haven't posted much here I'd like to be able to do the weekly time trials - much easier with my schedule and it'll force me to buy some cars/do some races I wouldn't normally do!

Best so far is 55.668. Quite the jolt of slowness after playing around with the E21 all afternoon haha.

My best TT lap so far is 00:55.552.

I keep fucking up the right-right-left sequence before the long final sweeper, and I'm not carrying as much speed through some corners as the car can manage.

Also, looks like I won't be able to make it to the races on Sunday. :(

op_ivy

first 10 laps, 55:159. i see p3tran has me by a second on the leaderboard... but since the friends sort is still borked, i'm not sure if that is with the crx.

op_ivy

Why do you hate me so much to start on me?

Edit: Shouldn't we be seeing some info about the next car pack? I feel like they usually tell us about now.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_2_28_14 said:
On Tuesday of next week, we’ll be releasing the next car pack for Forza Motorsport 5. We will unveil the pack next week but, until then, check out johniwanna’s clue thread http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst5716p8_March-DLC-Clue-Thread.aspx?= in the forums.

thundr51

Ok, I don't want to sound stupid but where did T10 hide the time trial option? Just want to pick a car and a track and drive. No drivatars or anything else.

p3tran

Banned
first 10 laps, 55:159. i see p3tran has me by a second on the leaderboard... but since the friends sort is still borked, i'm not sure if that is with the crx.

it is with the crx, and quite sloppy
http://1drv.ms/MDD0UD

btw, for those that might not know,
you can go to rivals with the crx, choose class D, choose the track, pull leaderboards, and pick the ghost you want as your rival. if you switch to friends leaderboard, you can grab each others ghosts to race against etc

in other news, I always thought that OS beta would have me decide on when to apply it.
but it looks like after me agreeing in multiple forms and apps, the beta did not ask me before installing and just went ahead when it wanted :)
so now I have not one but ..two betas downloaded and installed, and I dont know how this will go regarding connecting to our sunday race...
first beta downloaded and installed itself yesterday morning when I opened the bone, second beta yesterday night, the moment i finished a multiplayer game in garden warfare it kicked me to a black screen with an xbone and displayed on screen "time to update" lol
so maybe I try connecting today at least in game lobby, not in chat etc with zorbsie or whoever, just to save us some time trying on sunday race..

Top Bottom