• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

zorbsie

Here are the standing for the racing league:

P3tran 221
CrudeDiatribe 178
dead poul 143
BIGT468 132
Zorbs 124
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 123
SoundScream13 119
Block Mate 107
Schuey F1 72
Scr0ne 57
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
Thundr 8
Shortt Sirket 7
Sleep8 1
Munish Thiara 0

Shortt in his debut week already jumping up the ranks :)

Sadly I won't be able to make for tomorrow's races, surprise inlaws visit. Can someone else setup the lobby and save the replays for me? I'll still do up the videos and post those.

m23

Here are the standing for the racing league:

P3tran 221
CrudeDiatribe 178
dead poul 143
BIGT468 132
Zorbs 124
Sp4ceman Sp1ff 123
SoundScream13 119
Block Mate 107
Schuey F1 72
Scr0ne 57
Soggy Naan 19
Muerte X 14
Thundr 8
Shortt Sirket 7
Sleep8 1
Munish Thiara 0

Shortt in his debut week already jumping up the ranks :)

Sadly I won't be able to make for tomorrow's races, surprise inlaws visit. Can someone else setup the lobby and save the replays for me? I'll still do up the videos and post those.

Damn....every time I see the list I see a big fat 0 by my name lol. I'll try to join in tomorrow.

Mad_Ban

Hello all! Is it possible for new people to join the league? I've finally got an XB1 again after mistakenly selling it when I didn't quite have much money, and I had Forza 5 on my account so I figured I'd check this thread out to see if anyone is doing online races :)

My GamerTag is phleg01 and I've popped in a 55.557 at Catalunya in the Mugen :)

zorbsie

Munish23, you should totally do it. I feel bad posting the 0 everytime too. :)

Mad_Ban and drifter444, I added you both to the Forza GAF players list. Add people from there and swear at us when our drivatars knock you off the road. League races are open to everyone, don't be shy join us 2pm EST. Check my post from the previous page for the race restrictions.

Keep those time trials times coming. I'm going to try and get out of last place tonight but I don't think it's going to happen.

Spades

Just popped in a 54.950 without a setup. I'll play around with gear ratios this afternoon and try to get close to the frontrunners.

p3tran

Banned
Just popped in a 54.950 without a setup. I'll play around with gear ratios this afternoon and try to get close to the frontrunners.
oh shit! totally forgot the car has tunable parts :D gotta go check
edit: checked and no tunable parts, so dont cheat spades ;P

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
got some more laps in this morning, 54.763. probably wont get more racing in this week. nice car choice.

Snubbers

Just thought I'd pop in a few laps as I'm getting back up to speed with the TX Wheel.

aYicz6b.jpg

00:53.769

I'm loving the wheel, now that T10 have finally fixed the wheel/controller issues, I can have my controller alongside and seemlessly switch between the two, using the controller for chat/party stuff as well..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just thought I'd pop in a few laps as I'm getting back up to speed with the TX Wheel.

MeK9GLul.jpg

00:53.856

I'm loving the wheel, now that T10 have finally fixed the wheel/controller issues, I can have my controller alongside and seemlessly switch between the two, using the controller for chat/party stuff as well..

no kidding? can you use the pad then for photomode?

Snubbers

no kidding? can you use the pad then for photomode?

Yup.. :D

This was posted on the Thrustmaster facebook page on the 20th Feb
FORZA 5: The new update of Forza 5 (available since yesterday) solves the conflict between steering wheel & gamepad controller.
It's now also possible to use “Xbox One Chat Headset”!
For this:
1)Plug Headset on your gamepad
2)Turn On the console with your gamepad
3)In console menu, SIGN IN to your profile with the gamepad
4)Launch the game
5)Inside the game, press “A” on your Steering Wheel
6)SIGN IN to same profile with your Steering Wheel
7)With your Steering wheel, you can now access to MULTIPLAYER and chat with the Headset even if you play with a Steering Wheel

Finally, you can use the controller for painting, photomode, forzavista, but then use the wheel when racing.. How many times I'd have killed for this in FM3/4, and so glad it's finally sorted!

I can set up the lobby, so everyone add CrudeDiatribe or trust that you're friends with someone else racing. I haven't driven my Evo VI yet, it's been that kind of week.

p3tran

Banned
wow! thx snubbers.
I didnt know that the always-borked thing with wheel + joypad not working at the same time in one profile in xboxes is finally fixed!
big kudos for that 8)

about today's races, I have the os beta installed, I think I wont be able to connect with anyone that does not have it. can try though, so shoot me an invite when its time

Spades

about today's races, I have the os beta installed, I think I wont be able to connect with anyone that does not have it. can try though, so shoot me an invite when its time

Same here. I don't even appear to be able to join the game without joining the party.

Devildoll

I wish more of you would have hung around after the races, me and BIGT468 had amazing races going for more than an hour after the scheduled ones

12887218254_e52e684ec2_b.jpg

"A disapproving Dan Greenawalt looks on as Forza GAF cocks up turn 1"

i don't like the way my car looks all innocent in that picture.
on second thought, it looks freaking scheming

frontieruk

I wish more of you would have hung around after the races, me and BIGT468 had amazing races going for more than an hour after the scheduled ones

i don't like the way my car looks all innocent in that picture.
on second thought, it looks freaking scheming

I was going too, but everyone disappeared from the party :-S

Results:
Bugatti Circuit:
iPhone photo is pitch black. What the hell.

Prague Full Reverse:
SCRONE
BIGT468
SCHUEY F1
Short Sirket
CrudeDiatribe
phleg01
FrontierUK
SoundScream13

Would have loved to have stayed but I had to help clean ahead of my in-laws coming over.

Today I learned CrudeDiatribe plays the guitar and that Shortt Sirket has interesting views on gang rape.

It is a shame this post got buried at the end of a (50pp) page.

frontieruk

Today I learned CrudeDiatribe plays the guitar and that Shortt Sirket has interesting views on gang rape.

Results:
Bugatti Circuit:
iPhone photo is pitch black. What the hell.

Prague Full Reverse:
SCRONE
BIGT468
SCHUEY F1
Short Sirket
CrudeDiatribe
phleg01
FrontierUK
SoundScream13

Would have loved to have stayed but I had to help clean ahead of my in-laws coming over.

It is a shame this post got buried at the end of a (50pp) page.

I was last on the Bugatti circuit, I would of been closer but it was the first time I've actually raced using manual gears, so got overly flustered when I cocked up and went for a drive in reverse and couldn't work out why :(

And wasn't it sirkets partners views? I'll be honest I really was having issues following the conversation as there was a horrid reverb every time someone started talking.

Haha, I do apologize. Liz and I love to be terrible and horrible when we are hanging out together. Sometimes I forget to censor myself around other people.

Devildoll

Holy shit I'm gone one day and the league falls right in the gutter. Did anyone save the replays they can share with me?

I believe i saved replays from both races, i'll see to it that they are shared as "gaf racing league week 8 race 1 resp 2" once i wake up this monday

Holy shit I'm gone one day and the league falls right in the gutter. Did anyone save the replays they can share with me?

Shortt got them too. I have no idea why my iPhone shit the bed on the exposure.

Sometimes I forget to censor myself around other people.

Pffffffft.
My partner said the other day that parenting would be easier if you could euthanize problem children.
<3

Oh yeah, here's the "banjo" I was playing.

Top Bottom