• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox news host on possible deaths due to Trumpcare: ''We're all going to die anyway''

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
This is not only morally corrupt, it's a smug, ignorant attack on statistical analysis in service of the scientific method.

"You can't prove taking away their medication is what caused that heart attack in that one case! Therefore who's to say healthcare really saves lives? After all, god works in mysterious ways."

Dali

Poor healthcare
Poor education
Unstable leader
Crazy gun violence rates
Constantly at war

Sounds like a first world country
Yeah but we got clean, safe, drinking water available to all citizens. You imply we are third world but what third world nations can say that?

"What about Flint?!"

Flint? Flint? Wtf you talking about? We going camping?

Keasar

Then why were the Obama Death Panels a problem? I mean Grandma was old and gonna die anyway, might as well speed up the process.

Why the fuck even bother...logic is like poison to these people...

“You know what the crazy thing is?” Montgomery said to her fellow hosts, chuckling after each soundbite from the Democrats. “We’re all gonna die. And they can’t predict—there, there’s no way, unless they’re absolutely psychic and have a party line to heaven, they don’t know who is going to die, or when, or how many people!”

By this logic, the government shouldn't be spending any money whatsoever for the well-being of its citizens. After all, the potential risks or benefits are unknowable.

The Kree

Banned
Then why were the Obama Death Panels a problem? I mean Grandma was old and gonna die anyway, might as well speed up the process.

Why the fuck even bother...logic is like poison to these people...
Because Obama was black. Only white men get to determine the value of life.

Its so fascinating and yet terrifying to see all these pundits and politicians try to spin why their viewer/voting base should be glad that they are going to suffer with this new health bill.
There's no way people at home would watch this and just say 'yeah, well, he's got a point!' though, surely?

Truly remarkable.

Eff these kooky shits. Are there any republicans left on GAF that go along with this daily madness from the right?

Renekton

Quick question about FOX news.

Do they have an ulterior political agenda or are they simply giving their viewer base what they want to hear (for profits and ratings)?

Normally I tend to think "we're all going to die anyway" about most things, but seeing it come out of a mouth at Fox News makes me realize how self-defeating and stupid that really is.

What is it about republicans and being heartless? I have a hard time seeing most old school republicans being okay with statements like these.

Link

The Autumn Wind
That's a good attitude to have when desperate people start taking matters into their own hands and coming after you.

Truly remarkable.

Eff these kooky shits. Are there any republicans left on GAF that go along with this daily madness from the right?
Of course there are. They just ignore these threads. It's a special brand of cowardice.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Next time they need medical attention, just leave them be. When their next of kin asks, reply "they were going to die anyway, why save them?"

I was kind of hoping that with the clear heel turn Fox News has taken since Trump's election and the reports about their ratings falling that fewer of my co-workers would be watching it in their offices all day but nope, not a damn thing has changed. I don't understand how anyone could watch this garbage for more than a few minutes without heaving.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Next time they need medical attention, just leave them be. When their next of kin asks, reply "they were going to die anyway, why save them?"
Fox News Corp. should take away their health coverage and send out a memo simply stating, "We're all going to die anyway."

damn, the nihilism and defeatism from America's right is pretty infectious, i kinda don't wanna live anymore either. nicely done Trump & co.

jk i just got PSVR joke's on you AmeriKKKa

Dali

Yep. I remember my parents were watching Fox and I saw her on there and thought wtf lol. I wonder at what point did she go fully insane. One thing to take into account here (not defending her), is that she's kind of a "comedian". By "kind of" I mean she thinks she's being funny here but she's not funny and is just echoing a sentiment that I'm sure dumbasses really believe in/agree with. She probably believes it too deep down.

This makes sense. She was the proto-daria. And much like daria, rarely funny.

Holy shit!
Ikr. I read Lisa Kennedy Montgomery in the op and there was zero recognition. Click the video and I'm like, "wait... is that Kennedy?" I wonder if I'd have realized if the article didn't put her middle name.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
zlxoobp.jpg

This Fox News ?

The real problem with death panels is that they were wasteful government spending that determined when you were going to die.

The Republican plan gives you the FREEDOM to die when you want.

RPGCrazied

I vote for her to lose her healthcare for a year and see how she likes it. People on Fox News have to be some of the dumbest people I've ever heard from.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Kennedy describes herself as a satirist on her Twitter. It's just amazing that Fox doesn't really care about where the opinion is coming from as long as it fits the networks narrative. Gross on her part though, adding to the echo chamber. There's no wink wink, nudge nudge there, and I wonder if she realizes that. Or maybe I'm overthinking it and she's just a straight up conservative hack now.

Abhor

How the fuck do you say with a straight face anymore that you're a republican? Geez.

Calling this moronic is an understatement.

This is not only morally corrupt, it's a smug, ignorant attack on statistical analysis in service of the scientific method.

"You can't prove taking away their medication is what caused that heart attack in that one case! Therefore who's to say healthcare really saves lives? After all, god works in mysterious ways."

Am 100% convinced that this version of what people call news should be stopped. Intelligent regulation should be intruded to stop feeding nonsense to the idiots watch the TV without question. It's propaganda pure and simple.

Top Bottom