• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FREE 12mo XBLive + Crimson Skies!

ChumsGum

Banned
When you order DSL PRO 1.5-3.0/384 for $36.95-39.95 a month from SBC. This offer starts tomorrow and also applies if you are upgrading from one of the slower DSL speeds.

shpankey

not an idiot
Sweet. Thanks. I just checked and was stunned to see I have SBC DSL available here, it was never here before. So I guess I am going to switch from Cox to this tomorrow. Thanks for a very sweet deal! I am looking forward to getting the 384k upload for Xbox Live games.

shpankey

not an idiot
ilm12month04.jpg

^^ that what we are getting?

Nester

Qwest and MSN have a pretty big relationship, here's hoping the same promotion runs our way.

We just upgraded to 1.5Mbps download too, but with a 768k upload that is very nice for hosting on Xbox Live. $34.99 for a 1.5Mbps/768k connection isn't too bad, I don't really miss my 3Mbps/300k cable connection for much higher.

ChumsGum

Banned
Yeah thanks to new regulatory rules passed by Bush and the feds, the telephone companies now will be upgrading their networks like crazy. Everyone will soon have DSL or the new Super DSL.

ChumsGum

Banned
Microsoft is really trying to build relations with the cablecos and telcos. Soon there will not only be HDTV but IPTV which will be the next evolution of the internet. Wanna go to Yahoo.com, don't turn on your PC, just change the channel on your TV remote to the Yahoo channel complete with video, audio, and full voice recognition. On that remote you'll have a little thumbpad/pointer, mic, digi-cam, etc. Then there's also the fiber optic/wi-fi home, but that's another story. It's all coming, the bandwidth is right around the corner. Geez these are some exciting times, I never thought I'd still be in my prime to see it all take place.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Jesus, i'm trying to take advantage of this deal, but i'll be goddamned if SBC's customer service reps aren't the dumbest motherfuckers alive today.

Shit that's no lie. I had an issue w/ me DSL last month that forced me to call their cust. serv. line. On phone w/ rep for over an hour where nothing got resolved.

HE REFERRED ME TO ANOTHER FUCKING NUMBER AFTER BEING ON THE PHONE W/ HIM OVER AN HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shivers at memory*

MoxManiac

Microsoft is really trying to build relations with the cablecos and telcos. Soon there will not only be HDTV but IPTV which will be the next evolution of the internet. Wanna go to Yahoo.com, don't turn on your PC, just change the channel on your TV remote to the Yahoo channel complete with video, audio, and full voice recognition. On that remote you'll have a little thumbpad/pointer, mic, digi-cam, etc. Then there's also the fiber optic/wi-fi home, but that's another story. It's all coming, the bandwidth is right around the corner. Geez these are some exciting times, I never thought I'd still be in my prime to see it all take place.

It's funny because this is the kind of stuff you saw all the time in older sci-fi shows based in the future, hell, even more recent ones. And now it's finally happening.

Top Bottom