• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I'm coming around on The Cool. Really didn't like it years ago but I've been listening to it pretty much non-stop over the past couple days and I'm really feeling it.

Recon

Banned
I'm coming around on The Cool. Really didn't like it years ago but I've been listening to it pretty much non-stop over the past couple days and I'm really feeling it.

Food & Liquor and The Cool are some of the best albums of the 2000's. The Cool just comes crazy. I think Hi-Definition is the only track I dont listen to much. Everything else is just so good.

hubes

Food & Liquor and The Cool are some of the best albums of the 2000's. The Cool just comes crazy. I think Hi-Definition is the only track I dont listen to much. Everything else is just so good.

i don't think this is the popular opinion, but i've come to like the cool more than F&L. not sure if the cool would be in my top 10 of the 00's, but it'd definitely be in my top 20.

Recon

Banned
i don't think this is the popular opinion, but i've come to like the cool more than F&L. not sure if the cool would be in my top 10 of the 00's, but it'd definitely be in my top 20.

They are about equal to me. I think F&L has higher highs, but The Cool is more consistent IMO. Both are fantastic.

CRS

The Die is one of my favorites. The only track I don't love is Gotta Eat. I used to not like Gold Watch and Hi-Def but they grew on me and now Gold Watch is one of the best and I really like Hi-Def.

Trey

The Die is one of my favorites. The only track I don't love is Gotta Eat. I used to not like Gold Watch and Hi-Def but they grew on me and now Gold Watch is one of the best and I really like Hi-Def.

He served up a pure metaphorical buffet on that track. Quintessential Lupe.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hey Ya was dope, can't even front, but the rest of the album was whack as hell.. the fact the Hey Ya was so dope makes me even madder that he didn't give me one or two more good songs..

in fact I would say MDTDSHASDDsAF is a better album..

I loved me some Roses before radio/TV made me hate it.

Anyone know WTF Killer Mike is doing? He has a new album coming out right? So why is he in LA shooting 3 videos for his old album right now? Ric Flair, Out on the Town and another song are getting videos. Makes little sense unless there will be a re-release of Pl3dge.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Streets On Fire, Put You on the Game, Hip-Hop Saved My Life, Gotta Eat, Dumb it Down...

Yup. Still my favorite rap album ever.

Recon

Banned
Streets On Fire, Put You on the Game, Hip-Hop Saved My Life, Gotta Eat, Dumb it Down...

Yup. Still my favorite rap album ever.

It is always interesting to hear about Lupe haters that completely dismiss The Cool and F&L. I do find it funny that two of my favorite new artists from the 2000's have been completely shit this decade(Kanye,Lupe).

I always found old Lupe just good. Definitely above average and I really like some tracks on The Cool and F&L but he doesn't even come close to my favourite records from the 00's. It's much better than new Lupe though.

Detox

I hope both you Lupe stans realise subconciously you wrote the name of a better song Put you on the game produced by Timbaland because the hook, beat and song is better.

Recon

Banned
I hope both you Lupe stans realise subconciously you wrote the name of a better song Put you on the game produced by Timbaland because the hook, beat and song is better.

I hope you realize that Put You On The Game has no hook and is just one continuous verse with insane imagery. But keep trolling.

cdyhybrid

Finally got to sit down and listen to Ace's Kanye mix straight through. Good shit. Wouldn't mind seeing one from the late 90s/early 00s just for nostalgia's sake. Maybe Cash Money? :p

illadelph

I love stuff like this. More albums need to be done in studio together, no more emailing beats and verses to each other. That shit only leads to verses that don't mesh. There needs to be more competition in hip hop, and what better way than if you can actually hear someone destroy your voice, thus convincing you to re-write yours

I co-sign this. One of my biggest issues with a lot of the shit now is that there are way too many collaborations (because they are so easy to do digitally) and the vast majority of them end up sounding like verses from three different songs thrown together with one beat and hook. And while I'm sure this problem isn't going away, I hope more artists can find the time to actually come together in the studio to make some shit that's cohesive.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Finally got to sit down and listen to Ace's Kanye mix straight through. Good shit. Wouldn't mind seeing one from the late 90s/early 00s just for nostalgia's sake. Maybe Cash Money? :p

Was thinking a Cash Money/No Limit mix might be dope as shit...

Cash Money mix would be.........money
See post above
Gucci Mane Mix! BURRRRR
Was working on one but despite the dope beats listening to Gucci for 2 hours (how long it takes me to make a 40 to hour mix) might make me take my own life... And I don't hate Gucci like some posters here...
lol I was gonna propose that too. Would be amazing to see him work around that.

The beats are dope so really wouldn't be hard to mix!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's like your reading my mind.

My Speakerboxxxxxxxxxx CD has fingerprints and scuffs on it... that other album looks brand new.. lol

Also!!! Beat makers of GAF-Hop.. I have a young Japanese rapper (who used to be a student of mine) who is trying to break into the game... right now he is rapping on licensed shit.. He made a song to that Houston track, I like that.. he is putting in work.. Can one of you bless him with a beat. I have links to some big Japanese labels here so if we can get him signed I might be able to work things out for you too.. no promises.. but the chance is there. Anyways he is doing things for the love right now, rocking small events and grinding.. he comes to me for advice a lot and looks up to me for my grind so really want to help him out if I can. He needs a beat that is his to be taken seriously..

Ohhh shit. It is probably shit though. Not worth the google search.

It's not that bad. No really standout tracks. But it's Cudi still(Think Mr Rager and Trapped in my Mind). The production will make or break this for most people tho.

Dose of Dopeness is better than anything off of WZRD tho.

This is just off of one listen..as Cudi is definitely an artist who shit I have to let ruminate as most of my favorite songs form him I didn't think were great right away ( No one believes me for example I said was meh when it first dropped...now it has 38 plays on my Itunes).

Still hope he gets this out of his system and returns to the MOTM style next although the differences aren't as big as feared. PITW isn't even on the album.

Will wait for retail for a second listen....

Recon

Banned
It's not that bad. No really standout tracks. But it's Cudi still. People act like he didn't basically "sing" most of the time anyway. The production will make or break this for most people tho.

Dose of Dopeness is better than anything off of WZRD tho.

This is just off of one listen..as Cudi is definitely an artist who shit I have to let ruminate as most of my favorite songs form him I didn't think were great right away ( No one believes me for example I said was meh when it first dropped...now it has 38 plays on my Itunes).

Still hope he gets this out of his system and returns to the MOTM style next although the differences aren't as big as feared. PITW isn't even on the album.

Will wait for retail for a second listen....

Cudi singing isnt the reason I dislike WZRD. WZRD having shitty music is the reason i dislike WZRD. I would be fine with a mostly singing cudi with dope production.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Like I said before, 2000's Kanye and Lupe are dead. It is sad but true. At least we got two classics from both of them.

Every rapper has a shelf life. It's just the truth. Everybody falls off. Gotta celebrate the good, and try to ignore the bad.

...man, shit is making me nostalgic and introspective.

He comes out on other people's stuff now and again..

SWAGCASTLEJUICE forever!

YOU GOTTA DO A INTROSPECTIVE MIX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom