• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info's coming out via social media on the collab producers on Dre's next CD

Bink! worked on track 4

It's All On Me feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid

Dem Jointz worked on 3, 9, 13, 15

Genocide feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay
Deep Water feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus
Satisfiction feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez
Medicine Man feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak

DJ Premier worked on 14

Animals feat. Anderson Paak

DJ Dahi might be on Compton too. And Lord Finesse said he did work on the album. Man it must suck to produce for/with Dre, not knowing if you'll make the album (or if an album will ever come out). Sure I'm sure he pays dudes for beats but I'd much rather get that songwriting royalty. Finesse said the checks from Chronic 2001 have been amazing for him to this day.

Is anyone actually interested in Straight Outta Compton? Shit looks far too cynical and fake for me. I understand that films like this always play loose with facts, but Dre claiming the film is in part about the group's love/respect for women was too much for me. I'm still amazed at how many women Dre has beaten the shit out of without consequence, especially in light of Cosby getting murked without any physical evidence out there (I'm not saying Cosby is innocent - he clearly is guilty), for stuff that happened 30+ years ago.

I'd watch it on someone else's dollar right now. I can't shake the feeling it would be like Notorious; decent for one watch but I'll never have the urge to watch it again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like it'll bite him eventually. We saw what happened with Cosby, nothing happened until years later.

And let's face it, we're still at a stage where we got a long way to go with domestic violence.
Cosby was destroying a childhood hero to most by revealing a side of him that was pretty much the opposite of what people thought of his character(s).

Dre's stuff is relatively open book and has been for years. Every move he makes that shit resurfaces in popular media and doesn't change anything. Shit, I just googled his name and Dee Barnes and Gawker put out an article called "Remember when Dr. Dre bashed a female journalist's face against the wall?" 3 days ago. The biggest outlets don't report it because it's old news and they have the integrity not to post articles just for slandering purposes; it's just hard to report on without it explicitly looking that way or intended, at least.

Nibel

9uRL8Ma.jpg

Courage

Cosby was destroying a childhood hero to most by revealing a side of him that was pretty much the opposite of what people thought of his character(s).

Dre's stuff is relatively open book and has been for years. Every move he makes that shit resurfaces in popular media and doesn't change anything. Shit, I just googled his name and Dee Barnes and Gawker put out an article called "Remember when Dr. Dre bashed a female journalist's face against the wall?" 3 days ago. The biggest outlets don't report it because it's old news and they have the integrity not to post articles just for slandering purposes; it's just hard to report on without it explicitly looking that way or intended, at least.
Fair enough, it's definitely not as extreme as Cosby's case. It's also hard to bring anything up from that long ago without indisputable evidence.

illadelph

Lol this ghost writing stigma in hip-hop is literally the most naive shit I've seen in the genre for a while.

I mean even back in the day, it seems obvious that dudes would throw lines at each other. I'm sure the Cold Crush Brothers, the Furious 5, Run-DMC, the Beastie Boys would all write lyrics in a collaborative fashion to make a dope song or routine.

Fuck, the first huge hip-hop hit song (Rapper's Delight) was ghostwritten by Grandmaster Caz

Even Nas admitted that Jungle fed him bars on One Mic.

Lines being shared here and there isn't really a problem except for the absolute most ardent "hip-hop purist".

It's gonna get real hot for folks if (when?) we find out that entire songs were authored by other cats.

Fjordson

Frank Ocean's website redirects to a store. It's happening?

http://boysdontcry.co
Frank plz

Anyone listen to the Injury Reserve album entitled Live from the Dentist Office that's getting a shit ton of buzz on the blogosphere.

https://youtu.be/0OiMQqXLXBg
Going through it now, pretty interesting. Some really dope production.

Is anyone actually interested in Straight Outta Compton? Shit looks far too cynical and fake for me. I understand that films like this always play loose with facts, but Dre claiming the film is in part about the group's love/respect for women was too much for me. I'm still amazed at how many women Dre has beaten the shit out of without consequence, especially in light of Cosby getting murked without any physical evidence out there (I'm not saying Cosby is innocent - he clearly is guilty), for stuff that happened 30+ years ago.
Yeah, selective outrage is weird. Can be unpredictable what people (mainly the media) will or won't pay attention.

I'm kinda interested in the movie, there's some decent buzz for it critically, but we'll see.

Lines being shared here and there isn't really a problem except for the absolute most ardent "hip-hop purist".

It's gonna get real hot for folks if (when?) we find out that entire songs were authored by other cats.
I remember when Meek dropped his diss Busta Rhymes retweeted a Miss Info tweet saying "it's a very scary day when reference tracks start getting leaked" lol

Courage

Plus we know Ghostface is a legitimate songwriter. Raekwon isn't behind him 100% of the time, writing his rhymes in the shadows. I don't think one can compare this to the Drake situation in the sense that we're still speculating whether or not Drake writes his songs, or if he's just another popstar.

DominoKid

Dre beating a few women is played out in the news. Now if he had like 40 women come out today and said he slappes him up Apple would fire him
Plus we know Ghostface is a legitimate songwriter. Raekwon isn't behind him 100% of the time, writing his rhymes in the shadows. I don't think one can compare this to the Drake situation in the sense that we're still speculating whether or not Drake writes his songs, or if he's just another popstar.

Do we know that? It aint like ghost aint had them rumors on him heavily with Superb and Theodore Unit. Yall gonna have to reconcile the face that all your heroes prob took verses and whole songs. Frequently.

August fuckery commences

Do we know that? It aint like ghost aint had them rumors on him heavily with Superb and Theodore Unit. Yall gonna have to reconcile the face that all your heroes prob took verses and whole songs. Frequently.

Ya'll mean to tell me that 2 dudes working on the same album they both star on that are both from the same group shared lines in sessions?

That's crazy...ya'll crazy

I'm going to assume Ghost wrote most of his rhymes but this revelation opens the door to the idea that Superb did indeed write some shit for him. Maybe. Or it could just be Ghost and Rae, who have an almost symbiotic relationship as artists, working this way. You could say they were simply writing a script together...

Bah. Ultimately my position was made clear last week tho. I can't change it now that my GOAT candidate has said something that hurts my soul.

Courage

Yall gonna have to reconcile the face that all your heroes prob took verses and whole songs. Frequently.

I'm not denying this, especially with Theodore Unit, but to say Ghostface also doesn't have the chops is pretty ridiculous. He's consistently had an abstract/stream-of-consciousness style, so unless he's had the same dudes writing his songs for his entire career, I'm bound to believe he's been involved.

I'm reading up on these Supreme Clientele rumors and it seems like some shit Yayo said once. If we start believing every half-assed accusation we hear, then we can safely say no one in rap has ever written their own songs.

Sorry Net_Wrecker, Blackout no longer qualifies as a great album because we don't know who wrote all of which verse
zmhIIoV.png

Real hip-hop is a lie. Over the last few days I've come to terms with the fact that most of my favorite songs and albums are fraudulent. Nobody real.

I put my faith in the wrong genre. Only pop music can save us now.

injurai

Banned
Real hip-hop is a lie. Over the last few days I've come to terms with the fact that most of my favorite songs and albums are fraudulent. Nobody real.

I put my faith in the wrong genre. Only pop music can save us now.

This is why I only listen to high school jam bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom