• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doris

Officially time to eat

food-forkandknife.jpg

Time to dig in.

How the first song on your debut album gonna be a guest feature

Samk

A non-sequitur, sure. We were just talking about all time greats and I think, for his perspective, immortal tech need be in it as well

Esch

Banned
It might be because it kinda sucks. I dont know if he ever improved,but he wasnt the greatest rapper. Plus that song is super heavy handed.
Its the quintessential "hey bro I heard you like rap music. Well heres some real shit." Song. Reminds me of high school.

Macca

A non-sequitur, sure. We were just talking about all time greats and I think, for his perspective, immortal tech need be in it as well
Well yea, next to Jigga man there's nobody else. Can't get much closer to GOAT status than Immortal Tech

Recon

Banned

I wouldnt put Tech anywhere near a top 100, let alone calling him an all time great. I mean, shit, Lowkey does Tech better than Tech and actually sounds competent on the mic.

Its the quintessential "hey bro I heard you like rap music. Well heres some real shit." Song. Reminds me of high school.

Yup, I dont care how great the message is, if it sounds like shit, it sounds like shit. Plus, like I said, Tech is the least subtle rapper out there.

Samk

I loved the instrumental. But the message that gives people chills is about a dude who fronts so hard that he RAPES HIS OWN MOM OH NO BRB KILLING MYSELF.

....and that's why you always leave a note!

Meh.

It could be metaphorical. Like raping his own mother stands for foresaking the values and childhood he once had.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It could be metaphorical. Like raping his own mother stands for foresaking the values and childhood he once had.

Could be! But it's not! He just randomly picks some woman out of a crowd, rapes the shit out of her like every depiction of a black dude in KKK chick tract and holy shit it's his mom! Isn't that like, deep?! Then he kills himself!

Fin.

Samk

Could be! But it's not! He just randomly picks some woman out of a crowd, rapes the shit out of her like every depiction of a black dude in KKK chick tract and holy shit it's his mom! Isn't that like, deep?! Then he kills himself!

Fin.

Art is what you bring to it

There's a million perspectives but only your own is valid

HiiiLife

is he doing that half asleep flow still?

Pretty much yeah. Lol. It wasn't a surprise to me. I guess you could say he's spitting as "energetic" as he can get on a couple tracks like Centurion and Uncle Al. Honestly, I'm just caught up to give a straight review. I'm just hyped. Been waiting for this album.

DominoKid

Lord Jamar is bugging on twitter today.

Lord Jamar ‏@lordjamar 4h
At the end of the day Kendrick couldn't qualify as K.O.N.Y.even if he was from here cause he's not "BUILT LIKE THAT "
what I mean by that is THE STREETS gotta be ready to follow u into battle & ride for u in oder to be considered as K.O.N.Y.
I just figured it out... Hip Hop is turning into Revenge of the Nerds
The corny dudes who got slapped up in the hallways of J.H.S. are the ones dominating right now.
Hip Hop was the voice of the ALPHA MALES...now they got BETAS feelin like ALPHAS.
Revenge of the nerds was ahead of it's time...remember they had LAMAR rapping in one of them?
LAMAR was black & openly gay & they had him rap...they planted the seeds of the future they wanted to see.
I'm not COMPLAINING I'm COMMENTING...learn the difference.
I'm gonna lead by example & drop my interpretation of what I think HIP HOP should sound like. #knownassociates

cdyhybrid

At the end of the day Kendrick couldn't qualify as K.O.N.Y.even if he was from here cause he's not "BUILT LIKE THAT "
what I mean by that is THE STREETS gotta be ready to follow u into battle & ride for u in oder to be considered as K.O.N.Y.
The corny dudes who got slapped up in the hallways of J.H.S. are the ones dominating right now.
Hip Hop was the voice of the ALPHA MALES...now they got BETAS feelin like ALPHAS.
Revenge of the nerds was ahead of it's time...remember they had LAMAR rapping in one of them?
LAMAR was black & openly gay & they had him rap...they planted the seeds of the future they wanted to see.
I'm gonna lead by example & drop my interpretation of what I think HIP HOP should sound like. #knownassociates

Using beta and alpha oh lawd. Revenge of the Nerds indeed.

Who's that?

this is the best response to that track. ever. hahahaha.

nobody will top this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom