• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

Budden is looking stupid here. Talks about it on Twitter, but when it comes onto actually releasing a reply, he doesn't want too.
RiKNk.png

IrishNinja

you right, 36...its on spotify too. i was savin it for a rainy day (really hoping this surprises me like how No Said Date did outta nowhere) but ima stop sleepin

Jitters

I just kinda feel everything after Fishscale is just okay. I rarely go back to any of those. I didn't really care for either version of 12 Reasons.

mooooose

I just kinda feel everything after Fishscale is just okay. I rarely go back to any of those. I didn't really care for either version of 12 Reasons.
They all sucks besides Ghost Dini. Straight up garbage.

OB4CL > Supreme Clientele > Ironman = Bulletproof Wallets > Ghost Dini > Fishscale > Rest

OB4CL solely for the quotables. Same for Ironman really. Ghost was less quotable (in a good way, not a way that sounds out of context and ridiculous and silly) in his best albums.

Esch

Banned
They all sucks besides Ghost Dini. Straight up garbage.

OB4CL > Supreme Clientele > Ironman = Bulletproof Wallets > Ghost Dini > Fishscale > Rest

OB4CL solely for the quotables. Same for Ironman really. Ghost was less quotable (in a good way, not a way that sounds out of context and ridiculous and silly) in his best albums.
OB4CL doesnt have as much abstract wtf wheeewwwww type MF Doomy shit on it. Thats part of why Ghost is a goat candidate imo.....comfortable in too many lanes

Killah Priest double album was so dope this year. I'm excited for this collabo although Fishscale was ghost's last great album. Since then it's been pretty mediocre save for a few tracks in ghostdini and apollo

also Riff Raff song is great too. Rocks on my hand grand canyon Rocks on my hand grand canyon

Kendrick's shook (somehow, i dunno, song has nothing to do with Control lol)

When I think fell off I think the likes of Jay on MCHG, much bigger margin then Ghosts decline

I think Jay Z only has drive now when he's collaborating with kanye west. even though it's just rich-swag rap there's more quality in those verses than the shit i heard in MCHG

and that Danny Brown song.....he goes hard but i don't like these edm beats.

HiResDes

"too many generic EDM trap beats"

I kind of agree.

I have a pretty big question I've been writing a bit lately, and want to let loose these long blog esque posts I had made originally for Peterb0y's potential website...Should I post them here or start a new thread?

I plan on doing them weekly, and having a sort of loose context inspired by rap culture and my experience within the black community.

The first one is entitled,"Existential Musings Inspired by Rap Culture and Black History # 1: Making Sense of Scarface’s Idol Stature"

Do it. Scarface is one of the GOAT movies. People think it's shallow but there's a lot to like beyond just the violence and funny dialogue. I think it's a great exercise in filmmaking and Al Pacino (while over the top) can not be replaced. I don't think anybody could have done a better job than him in that role.

Tony Montana's idol status though...I doubt Oliver Stone saw that coming.

actually maybe he did. it's about chasing the american dream after all. through COCAINE.

That Danny song is awful. Just reminds me of that terrible Usher song. I don't know what the fuck that noise even is, its like someone rubbing a balloon or some shit.

Song is bad.

Still waiting for the album tho

I don't even know what's happening in that Danny track.
Wasn't his album called Old because 'he's going back to old shit' or am I just imagining that?

When I think fell off I think the likes of Jay on MCHG, much bigger margin then Ghosts decline

You're right, but personally I hold Ghost to a higher standard than Jay as I think he's a better rapper.
I judge his albums differently to most too, when I go into a new Nas project I don't expect to hear Illmatic but new Ghost albums always have me hoping he's gonna drop some shit reminiscent of 15 years ago.
I think he still does have that skill, he's just lacking the passion which is why I'm always largely disappointed with recent Ghost.

But yeah Jay has fell off horriblyyyyyyy, some of the MCHG stuff is embarrassing.

Kwixotik

One time I was at a party and reflexively shoved a guy who asked me what my fucking problem was. I've wondered since why a guy who would come at me like that would suddenly back down and disappear when shoved.

It's only now that I realize he was potentially asking me to put the song "Fuckin Problems" on.

Also, I don't really like the beat on that Danny Brown song either.

i thought dominokid and HRD were talking about the movie :/

that danny brown song would be great if he just swapped the beat. that just seems like the major problem with these songs so far, the edm beats. he told us this was coming though.

Jitters

Damn, looks like we'll have to wait till 2014 for Heems' album.

Lakutis' album will be out in the fall

Big Baby Gandhi's album will get a release date shortly!

HiResDes

i thought dominokid and HRD were talking about the movie :/

that danny brown song would be great if he just swapped the beat. that just seems like the major problem with these songs so far, the edm beats. he told us this was coming though.

I am talking about the movie!

lol holy shit he turned into marlo at the end of the video. was expecting him to scream MY NAME IS MY NAME at one point. (Scarface interview)

isn't a gaffer here cool with R.A.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom