• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Shiit a few of my buddies went to the fat trel release party at SOBs, fucking show is gettjng shot up!???

Fuck. Fuck.

PBY

Banned
Damn dude. Hope everyone makes it out alright. Keep us updated.
They're cool, got behind the pillars there and gtfo when shit cooled down. Just got their texts.

I had a ticket too, so glad I didn't go.

Trel is treating it like a damn joke on twitter tho, so dumb.

PBY

Banned
Final word from my bros-

6 shots went off, someone got capped in the leg

Trel is also a piece of shit. He never went on, despite it being past midnite for an 8 o clock doors opening. Also he was just posted in VIP, thinking it was all a fucking joke.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Shiit a few of my buddies went to the fat trel release party at SOBs, fucking show is gettjng shot up!???

Fuck. Fuck.

Oh shit I use to work there man.... damn. SOB's has been one of the relunctant decent spots to do a hip hop show in the city. I know Larry is going to be like fuck this shit cause he use to always be iffy about Hip Hop acts before cause a shooting was his worse nightmare. Also who the hell is fat trel?

I hope your friends are safe man

Final word from my bros-

6 shots went off, someone got capped in the leg

Trel is also a piece of shit. He never went on, despite it being past midnite for an 8 o clock doors opening. Also he was just posted in VIP, thinking it was all a fucking joke.

Damn man. Glad to hear your friends were alright. Random shootings in the clubs are fucking terrible. All disregard, no fucks given to whoever might get hit. then you got jabba the hutt laughing about it in the VIP? smh

Jenny on this season of The League god damn.

I get the FX shows a day late. will check that and sunny out tomorrow. It's weird how Pete is married to Jenny in real life.

mooooose

Oh shit I use to work there man.... damn. SOB's has been one of the relunctant decent spots to do a hip hop show in the city. I know Larry is going to be like fuck this shit cause he use to always be iffy about Hip Hop acts before cause a shooting was his worse nightmare. Also who the hell is fat trel?

I hope your friends are safe man

This is disappointing, SOB's is a pretty good venue.

IrishNinja

yeah, enzoes was trollin eshca back on that origianlity tip

i get both of their points, honestly...i just dont value creation of something entirely new as much as the next sometimes i guess. if you follow jazz, modern fighting styles, hip hop (via sampling) etc on some level you grasp the concept of taking preexisting shit & making it your own, sometimes by mashup as well. having never created a thing in my life, i don't discount this notion one bit.

i don't think esha does either, i took his point to be that ye - while no doubt can be a trendsetter, though even as a fan of yeezus, that's a stretch - doesn't really go for that. he tries a lotta different shit from other scene some times & sees what sticks...what i love about his ambition is that the nature of taking chances like that means dudes like me can be a fan and shit on MBDTF but still fancy the overproduced mess of a sound he was shooting for. i'm even reevaluating my stance on 808's...its got lotsa holes, but the highs are so high. i can't hate.

i don't know if ye can deliver on his one-time notion of giving hip hop its "Thriller" (i don't really know that that can even happen today, for a lotta reasons) but i dig that he shoots that far. ill stay clowning on enzoes & dom & such but they picked a solid team to stan.

...so kinda drunk yeah

ps for my man enter the 36 -
haha you gonna clown but after no more than like a week and a half in the homeland a while back, i picked up the lingo, yeah? (youve even busted me on tenner etc) so i caught myself saying cheers (instead of thanks) to bartenders & shit out here, and no lie, you get mad attention that way. lied my ass off and told homegirl tonight that i was outta county cork (well, okay, my grandpa but whatever) and i'm sayin...you bring that accent out here, you'd be swimming in it, my dude. no lie.

IrishNinja

Oh so Ye all about the culture now? I guess when your boy's album is about to wood you have to go KRS on the world

haha cmon now detox...i play defense force for Nas up in here sometimes too, but him & Wu & some other shit i like, like Shad...you gotta know we can't win a battle on sales-age my dude, best to stick to rape car gaf-hop elitism or whatever whatever

DominoKid

Oh so Ye all about the culture now? I guess when your boy's album is about to wood you have to go KRS on the world

Nah he just cares about Pusha's album because he put a lot of work in on it. By comparison, I get the sense he doesn't give 2 shits about how Big Sean's album does.

Zero chance of Pusha avoiding that brick but the album will be nice.

Detox

haha cmon now detox...i play defense force for Nas up in here sometimes too, but him & Wu & some other shit i like, like Shad...you gotta know we can't win a battle on sales-age my dude, best to stick to rape car gaf-hop elitism or whatever whatever
Breh Nas sells more than last years "Man of the Year." Fads come and go, your boy puts in work 20yrs deep in the game at 40. When it comes to sales internationally most of these new cats aren't even touching him they can only support the don on tours. He has got 8/9 platinum plaques and a couple of golds. It's all good Ye was brought up at the Roc and I know Jay wasn't telling him to fuck the sales. When Ye moving units again like a Drake or Kendrick we'll see him go back but right now he is taking a page out of Afrika Bambaattaa's book.

kamspy

Even the biggest Kanye hater has to agree that zero fucks about sales were given during the recording of Yeezus.

Maybe Ye should have enlisted Swizz for his own rendition of the timeless classic "summer on smash"

codhand

There are some rich artists out there, who have plenty of cash, multiple streams of income, and really want to create the best possible project. I'm sure he wouldn't mind platinum week one, but I doubt he is lamenting the album's reception too much.

I compare it to Big Sean's album, where I feel he was very concerned with reception, number of "bangers", choice of features etc.

These rappers need to take a page from a project like Doris. No singles on that bitch, and sales comprable to 2Chainz. Is someone gonna tell me Earl Sweatshirt jumping half naked off a fence, is good promotion? 2Chainz is everywhere, if he flops, he flops. [/drago]

codhand

Supposedly pop GAF were posting to many sexualy explicit gifs so evil shut them down.

ah, too bad, pop-gaf was a guilty curiosity

that pusha t rant, my god, pusha t looked so happy, like i dont even care that im gonna flop right now, this dude ye got me so gassed, woo ric flair

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
At the very least, Pusha's album is going to sound nice due to the production. Him and John Legend are going to have two of the best produced albums of the year.

Got them Yeezus tickets!

asap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom