• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

Swamped

Banned
I'm sort of inclined to believe Scrafty, but at this point it could come down to the two of us and I know for a fact I'm Town.

I'm heading into work for the next four hours so this will be my last post.

This is a strange attitude. You should vote for who you think is scummy, not for self-preservation, even though you believe the front runner's claim. Doesn't feel very protown to me.

I appreciate Scrafty coming forward with this in advance of the deadline since i wont be there for it. I'm leaning towards believing Scrafty's claim, unless someone counterclaims i guess? If it is a town power, she's probably dead tonight, but at least she could have used her power once and maybe helped us. Still unsure why she asked to be investigated though, still feels pretty weird to me. I'm willing to question her more D2.

I'm going to move down my scummy list.

VOTE: Rats off to ya

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
My vote is still on Terra. I've gotten a little less confident about it as I remember thinking he was scum last game and being wrong, but I don't have anything more concrete for now
I don't remember playing any games with you except for Danganronpa, and YOU were scum then. Unless I'm missing something here?

Need to catch up on what I've missed, brb with thoughts.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Already explained to Flush, but yeah I phrased that poorly
Just saw that, I can see where you're coming g from.

On Scrafty's role claim, I'm not too sure about it. On one hand, I'm glad that she gave us time to actually talk about, but the vague wording just isn't doing enough to sell me. Problem is if she's telling the truth, then she can't tell us anything more without giving it away to the scum. I'm going to need to think about this some more.

Sorian

Banned
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't believe Scrafty's claim still, maybe it's a mistake to say, but the vague description of her power sounds a lot like mine and I'm having a hard time imagining what exactly Salva would be except for a switcher.

I'm having a hard time imagining what exactly Salva would be except for a switcher.

When you say this, do you mean based on what Scrafty has said about her role, or what you expect of a Salva role in general? Not that it has much significance, I'm just curious.

roytheone

Hmm, not gonna lie, part of me wants to roll the dice on that claim being bullshit

Roy just took his vote off squidgy, theoretically putting Scrafty closer to a lynch. However only a 4 minute gap between those (long) posts, so I guess that isn't a reaction to the role claim

Correct, I only saw the role claim after posting that post.

I can understand construing my vagueness as being suspicious, but trust me when I say that my power becomes nigh-useless once the mafia knows its specifics. It's not something I've ever seen before in a Mafia game, at least.

So you are saying that your power becomes useless and that Mafia could even misuse it if you tell us what it is. Even if you don't tell us who you are going to target, mafia will STILL be able to misuse it, right? That's a weird power indeed. Don't know how I feel about it. Can you at least tell us if it is X-shot or unlimited?

Crap, just realized that I won't be here for the end of the day.

Scrafty's claim, at least the name given to Salva, seems legit. Now whether or not it is a scum role is another question. I wonder if she is a janitor, based on her description.

Don't forget that in a game with named roles, Launch will probably have given the scum fake role claims to use. So the fact that the Salva role makes sense and isn't being counter claimed doesn't tell us that much. Also, I read up on the janitor role and that shit is 100 % anti-town.

What in the world are you doing? We had three hours to go and you are one vote in front of the two runner-ups (neither of them has your vote). There was literally no reason to claim just yet. You just should have tried to steer it towards your suspected scums instead of claiming. Once more people pile up on you, fine, but not in this situation...

I have no problems with the timing of her role claim, especially if you consider there were quite a few people here that already said that they weren't going to be able to post around the end of the day. I can fully understand you want to do your role claim a bit earlier in that case.

RetroMG

Hmm. This is a Dill of a Pickle.

I don't believe that either Rats or Scrafty are scum. At least, not right now. Scrafty seems more likely than Rats overall, but I also don't want to cause a tie so close to Day's end.
That also knocks out Terrabyte.

Gah, I hate Day One.

So you are saying that your power becomes useless and that Mafia could even misuse it if you tell us what it is. Even if you don't tell us who you are going to target, mafia will STILL be able to misuse it, right? That's a weird power indeed. Don't know how I feel about it. Can you at least tell us if it is X-shot or unlimited?

I've only got one shot, and if I blow it it'll end up backfiring greatly.

*Splinter

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't believe Scrafty's claim still, maybe it's a mistake to say, but the vague description of her power sounds a lot like mine and I'm having a hard time imagining what exactly Salva would be except for a switcher.
That's one hell of an unnecessary claim...

I'm feeling KingKitty-inspired though

VOTE: ScraftyDevil

Sorian

Banned
When you say this, do you mean based on what Scrafty has said about her role, or what you expect of a Salva role in general? Not that it has much significance, I'm just curious.

What I expect of a Salva role in general, I get the feeling, assuming Launch didn't assign it as ordinary, that anyone with a role matches what the person has done in gafia so far.

Hmm. This is a Dill of a Pickle.

I don't believe that either Rats or Scrafty are scum. At least, not right now. Scrafty seems more likely than Rats overall, but I also don't want to cause a tie so close to Day's end.
That also knocks out Terrabyte.

Gah, I hate Day One.

Vote for what you think is right, enough of us are here that a tie won't happen. I don't think Rats is scum but I'll vote how I have to vote if it's coming down to the wire and a tie is imminent.

That's one hell of an unnecessary claim...

I'm feeling KingKitty-inspired though

Maybe but I wanted to make it known why I'm having such issue believing Scrafty.

You only have one shot to use a power where you have to guess who the mafia are going to kill?

I saw this as well, it's not helping.

RetroMG

Hmm, that last part of the Role Claim smells.

As much as I hate to cut down a new Scrafty Character in her prime:

Vote: ScraftyDevil

roytheone

You only have one shot to use a power where you have to guess who the mafia are going to kill?

Yeah, that is weird. The benefits of actually successfully using it must be huge, like incinerating the complete scum team type of huge.

Also, Scrafty, you say that if you blow it, it will backfire tremendously. What is "blowing it"? accidentally targeting a scum member? Or is failing to target the scum target already "blowing it"? Because how you now are describing it, it comes over like a huge ass risk that has very little chance to be successful and is much more likely to blow up in our faces.

Sorian

Banned
I should clarify: it's one-shot if I'm successful. After I correctly guess, the power goes away and I become an ordinary tourist.

So what, if you guess wrong then you just get another shot at it again anyway?

Yeah, that is weird. The benefits of actually successfully using it must be huge, like incinerating the complete scum team type of huge.

Also, Scrafty, you say that if you blow it, it will backfire tremendously. What is "blowing it"? accidentally targeting a scum member? Or is failing to target the scum target already "blowing it"? Because how you now are describing it, it comes over like a huge ass risk that has very little chance to be successful and is much more likely to blow up in our faces.

I guess answer roy's questions here, It matches my own thoughts on the matter.

Sorian

Banned
I have a hard time seeing how this can be manipulated, they trick you into assuming that they will be a night target that night? Even if that were the case, we should be able to deduce what happened based on obvious scum targets and who you would have targeted. Something bad happening to you would narrow it down if we figured out who you targeted.

roytheone

I am going to be honest Scrafty, I am not feeling good about this. You are asking us to take a pretty big risk with your power, but you don't want to tell us what the risk is exactly what we are taking. That sound like a bad deal to me. If there was an obvious mafia target tonight like an outed cop or watcher, I would be more likely to let you risk it, but now? There isn't any clear scum, any clear town or another outed PR, so it all is a huge gamble that you yourself said could backfire tremendously. I don't like it.

Well, I'm torn between scrafty and my current vote rats.

I can't make real sense out of this roleclaim, but I didn't - in opposition to some of you apparently - get strong scum vibes from her posts.

On the other hand, I still don't like Rats' behavior. It's all just a bunch of "maybe" and "could" and "I'll give you something later". Well, latter didn't happen.

I'll say we should let scrafty do her thing this night (Trackers, you know what to do) and if we don't see any results, we can lynch her tomorrow. I'm just a bit uneasy with lnyching a claimed PR day 1...

Do you know what happens if you target scum?

I do not, but the description makes it sound downright nasty. If I had to guess, I'd wager it'd result in either myself or another innocent getting bumped off.

Also, as much as I hate to vote for someone I'm not 100% sold on:

VOTE: Rats Off To Ya

I'm not quite ready to die yet, honey.

Sorian

Banned
I do not, but the description makes it sound downright nasty. If I had to guess, I'd wager it'd result in either myself or another innocent getting bumped off.

So we are at a 5-5 standstill. I still don't trust this, this roleclaim sounds like it's been evolving over time. It almost feels to me like Launch gave the scum team a few fake names who aren't a part of the game (or Salva is just a scum player which sounds.....wrong?) and an unfinished "role" that Scrafty has been trying to get straight in her last few posts. That's what my gut is telling me.

roytheone

So even you don't know what happens if you target scum? You are asking us to let you take a risk without being able to tell us the stakes and you yourself don't even know the stakes? There is so much uncertainty today, the risk of hitting scum is pretty decent tonight, and the chance of hitting the scum target relatively low. I don't like this, and since you now created a tie:

Coppanuva

It's too close for the timer to type up my logic on this, and I don't like people breakign the "No night talk" rule, I'll explain it at start of D2 if people want.

*Splinter

So we are at a 5-5 standstill. I still don't trust this, this roleclaim sounds like it's been evolving over time. It almost feels to me like Launch gave the scum team a few fake names who aren't a part of the game (or Salva is just a scum player which sounds.....wrong?) and an unfinished "role" that Scrafty has been trying to get straight in her last few posts. That's what my gut is telling me.
Wasn't Salva scum mvp in Election? Besides, Launch said that names aren't an alignment clue

As the game went on, suddenly, Launchpad looked up past the table and outside through the window of the taco shop. He squinted for a moment and then raised his eyebrows in surprised.

He turned to one of the players. “Hey, Sorian, isn’t that guy stealing your moped?”

Sorian looked up out through the window, seeing a man riding away on a baby blue moped. then stood up hurriedly and quickly rushed out the door, chasing after the man on the moped.

Sorian has left the table and been removed from the game.

“Well, that’s pretty rotten luck…”

Welcome to GAF Mafia Mafia!

You are AbsolutBro, the Bodyguard!

You are aligned with GAF Town. You win when no GAF scum remain.

You took the fall in Star Wars mafia, so you’re pretty used to this stuff. You’re a good person to have around when a bullet needs stopping!

You can visit one person each night phase by sending me the command GUARD: <player name>. If that person if visited by scum, you&#8217;ll try to switch the plates to either your own or the scum when that guy isn&#8217;t looking, so there is a 50% chance that the mafia will be removed from the table; however, the other 50% is that you will be removed yourself. The original mafia target will not be removed in either case, however.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Day Phase 1 has ended. Summary coming shortly

tumblr_inline_mqimzfocfU1qz4rgp.gif

Top Bottom