• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFHL Versus League - NHL 13 GM Connected (x360)

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
And Vancouver ends Buffalo's win streak at 5 games.

A heck of a defensive game by BeanMan. He held me to just 17 shots.

We were scoreless until 7:00 minutes left in the third, when bad penalties inevitably killed my team. On his fourth power play of the period, Sullivan buried a rebound that was the eventual game winner.

Great goaltending all-around with Pavelec posting the shutout and Backstrom keeping me in it for most of the game.

Good game, BM.

beanman25

And Vancouver ends Buffalo's win streak at 5 games.

A heck of a defensive game by BeanMan. He held me to just 17 shots.

We were scoreless until 7:00 minutes left in the third, when bad penalties inevitably killed my team. On his fourth power play of the period, Sullivan buried a rebound that was the eventual game winner.

Great goaltending all-around with Pavelec posting the shutout and Backstrom keeping me in it for most of the game.

Good game, BM.

It was a sick game. You got pretty unlucky with all of the penalty calls.

I hope I didn't seem cheesy or anything though. I'm ranked 50 something in ranked vs and always have to transition from cheesing it up to legitimate play haha.

EDIT: You know how to use the body on this game, haha. Crushing me left and right.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
It was a sick game. You got pretty unlucky with all of the penalty calls.

Agreed. Sometimes those are the breaks. The CPU really seemed to enjoy high sticking your players. I'm not sure if my strategy has anything to do with it. Maybe more aggressive strategies lead to more CPU teammate penalties.

I hope I didn't seem cheesy or anything though. I'm ranked 50 something in ranked vs and always have to transition from cheesing it up to legitimate play haha.

Not at all. Very realistic. That actually makes me feel a lot better about losing to you.

EDIT: You know how to use the body on this game, haha. Crushing me left and right.

I got a lot of chances to hit because your players always had the puck, haha.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
In other news, I suffered my second loss of the night to Revenant and the Jets.

The final was 2-1 and once again I was outshot/outplayed, but Backstrom kept me in it. I hope this guy's leading the Vezina race. He made some amazing saves in a game that could have easily been 4-1 or 5-1.

Good game, Revenant.

Revenant

In other news, I suffered my second loss of the night to Revenant and the Jets.

The final was 2-1 and once again I was outshot/outplayed, but Backstrom kept me in it. I hope this guy's leading the Vezina race. He made some amazing saves in a game that could have easily been 4-1 or 5-1.

Good game, Revenant.

definitely a fun game, you had a really nice goal off the forecheck where you caught me sleeping in my own zone with sloppy play, after that I just went into full trap mode to protect the lead haha.

theRizzle

Shit, sorry Phi. Got roped into something and just got home. I can play anytime tomorrow between 11 and 2:30 EST, and then whenever after 5pm EST. We have 2 games and I'd like to get 'em both in.

Schuey, can you play tomorrow?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, sorry Phi. Got roped into something and just got home. I can play anytime tomorrow between 11 and 2:30 EST, and then whenever after 5pm EST. We have 2 games and I'd like to get 'em both in.

Schuey, can you play tomorrow?

I will try to get on in the morning. I will keep an eye and see when you pop online.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smiley, I'll try to catch you after your games with Phthisis

done!

Good game Phthisis, Columbus takes the season series lead back with a 2-1 victory. Among else, thanks to a DOMINATING physical game from Eriksson. who had 7 hits. 4 of those came within a 1min span. It was glorious.

Socreges

Banned
Ggs Smiley

I had no idea starting out that Crosby was injured. Then you took out my only other good center, Prospal, behind the play! Why does this game recognize every tripping penalty but no interference? AND that delay of game penalty shouldn't have been one since I was in the neutral zone. Wonder if it was an anomaly or if they've got it programmed wrong.

Otherwise two good scrappy games. Hiller played well enough this time, too

[edit] oh you bastard. prospal out for 30 games with a concussion

Smiley90

Ggs Smiley

I had no idea starting out that Crosby was injured. Then you took out my only other good center, Prospal, behind the play! Why does this game recognize every tripping penalty but no interference? AND that delay of game penalty shouldn't have been one since I was in the neutral zone. Wonder if it was an anomaly or if they've got it programmed wrong.

Otherwise two good scrappy games. Hiller played well enough this time, too

Yeah Hiller made a few awesome stops. Good, tight games. For record's sakes, Nashville won the first game 2-1 (my only goal came 8seconds before the end :() and the 2nd game in shootout. Although I absolutely dominated that OT :( gg's!

[edit] oh you bastard. prospal out for 30 games with a concussion

:lol ouch, sorry :D The funny part about that injury is that he didn't injure himself when falling, but his own stick somehow got propelled into his face and that's how he got injured :lol. He fell onto his stick and it somehow bounced up into his face :lol

Socreges

Banned
Yeah Hiller made a few awesome stops. Good, tight games. For record's sakes, Nashville won the first game 2-1 (my only goal came 8seconds before the end :() and the 2nd game in shootout. Although I absolutely dominated that OT :( gg's!
Yeah I was being a goof in OT. Generally I keep accidentally passing the puck backwards into my own zone which usually leads to a break away. Gotta find out what I'm doing that causes that... and stop.

:lol ouch, sorry :D The funny part about that injury is that he didn't injure himself when falling, but his own stick somehow got propelled into his face and that's how he got injured :lol. He fell onto his stick and it somehow bounced up into his face :lol
Nah dude that was just the weird animation. Him getting hit was the concussion.

Smiley90

Yeah I was being a goof in OT. Generally I keep accidentally passing the puck backwards into my own zone which usually leads to a break away. Gotta find out what I'm doing that causes that... and stop.

Nah dude that was just the weird animation. Him getting hit was the concussion.

I like to think it was the stick. :lol

Also of course Brayden Schenn would be the one that scored the first goal :lol

Stat!

Sorry guys. I have to jump out of this league. Too many games for me to play even 50% of my schedule between the sim days with life getting busy. I may join later on but for now, I have to be out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm going to run the SIM around 2 am EST,if people are having a lot of trouble getting all their games in we can always switch back to Sunday - Sunday.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, the lag..

Edit: good game Rizzle. That save by Halak was mental. Dove across to take away the gimme open net, then spins and knocks the puck away Price style.

I had some good pressure, just couldn't capitalize.

Smiley90

Oh btw, Red, do you wanna do the same thing Marvie did in the Simmed league and turn off waivers? Since the AI sucks with sending people down waivers unwantingly.

Smiley90

Good game, Smiley.

It was close all the way through. Lots of good chances for both teams. Backstrom bailed me out a few times.

Yeah, close game apart from the first 2 minutes in the third period where you scored twice :D

Socreges

Banned
Looking to trade

(LW) Steen - TWF - 83ovr - 28yo - $3.36m x 2yrs
(C) Cogliano - TWF - 80ovr - 25yo - $2.39m x 2yrs

Would like a comparable 80+ RW in return for Steen or Cogliano, but am willing to hear other offers. Definitely wanting another impact player in return, not picks or prospects below 75ovr.

theRizzle

Sorry Phthisis... my connection died on me and is still dead. I have no idea what happens now.

Did it give you credit for the W? You earned it from that first game.

Red_Man

SIM is done, and waivers are off.

I have to play, Toronto, Columbus, Chicago, Buffalo (x2), Carolina, and LA. Big week for me. Next SIM is Thursday.

Phthisis

SIM is done, and waivers are off.

I have to play, Toronto, Columbus, Chicago, Buffalo (x2), Carolina, and LA. Big week for me. Next SIM is Thursday.

Pretty sure your simming forward killed a game me and Rizzle were in the middle of playing :-/

Oh well. Nice to know what happens if that occurs again with anyone else in the league.

Red_Man

Oh shit, sorry guys. Didn't realize anyone was still playing, I'll definitely ask first next time.

Smiley90

god, I have 6 games, play 5 of them against humans, and Skinner gets injured in the ONE AI game I had. gah.

theRizzle

Oh shit, sorry guys. Didn't realize anyone was still playing, I'll definitely ask first next time.

To be fair, we were cutting it a little close. It might be a good idea for anyone playing that close to sim time to make a quick post so Red knows there is a game going on.

MacAttack

Smiley and Bean are my only games this period. Tonight after MNF would be good for me.

I have a small window right now to get a game in if you're on bean.

Top Bottom