• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarMacheen

One of them has to die. It would be some major bullshit, if most of the direwolves got killed off and had barely any screen time throughout the show while the dragons make out all alive.

yeah, I imagine they will all die by the end, I'm not going to be happy about it.

Alright one thing that get about the spear walls in this show is that the front guys with the shields don't carry the spear. Two ranks of spears are better. Not that it would have helped against the dragons, but they would have definitely stopped the horde.

Alright, that was probably the most conflicting battle. Love Dany, love Bronn, love Jaime, love Drogon...I need them to team up to fight the WW's, not kill each other.

tumblr_nhu3mtQmep1tljfpao9_250.gif

Yep. Bronn re-enacting the movie.

That money shot of Drogon decimating Lanisters like a side scroller

The best.

I really fail to see how one of those ballista arrows could bring down a dragon.

The difference in scale is ridiculous.

Yeah.

I don't want him to die but that would've been such a great death for him.

That shot of the dragon covering her and aiming at him was so good.

One of them has to die. It would be some major bullshit, if most of the direwolves got killed off and had barely any screen time throughout the show while the dragons make out all alive.
I think two of the dragons will die while fighting Cerseis army, while the last one will fight against White Walkers.

Drogon is gonna be fine. I think this will make Dany reconsider her cavalier approach. Now both sides know that the dragons are definitely vulnerable.

There's a shit ton of them and they don't follow any conventional warfare rules. If allowed to go without rules they are easily the strongest but that would mean raping and pillaging everything

Nah if the dragon didn't exist, the Lannister wall would had stopped decimated the cavalry change.

rjc571

Banned
Euron's ships are gonna teleport to the water to save Jamie and then fly into the air and defeat Drogon in Ep5. BOOK IT

Dragon is probably out of commission until next season. I imagine perhaps Viserion will be taken out by the end of the season leaving 2 for Jon and Dany

Honestly Daenerys can take out Eurons entire ships by herself

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I told ya'll that Arya was the best and you didn't believe me!!! She's on that Bravosi assassin shit.

blakep267

are the dothraki the strongest army? they seem to stomp lannisters so they should easily defeat any other army
GOT seems to follow the rule where armies in westerns are made up of mostly idiots who have no skill with fighting and they fight wars of attrition. Dothraki are warriors who live for this

Jobbs

Banned
Those archers are some disciplined motherfuckers. They're standing calmly and aiming while a dragon comes at them -- which is a thing they didn't know existed and is a thing that has been raining fire all around them

are the dothraki the strongest army? they seem to stomp lannisters so they should easily defeat any other army

They wouldn't have won without the dragon.

So Jamie has plot armor now? Or did he die?
I bet they fish him out in the next episode and may use as a bargaining chip for Yara, Ellaria , and Tyene who is probably dead.

Jamie should have fucking died.

Nope. Starks got their reunion, Tyrion needs one too.

qcf x2

So I saw this episode two days ago. It was really difficult not to say things like "you're in for a treat" or "this is the best episode in years" because it would take away some of the surprise. But yeah, I was refreshing this thread since 9pm EST reading realtime reactions. I have been harsh on this season but this episode was up there with the best in the entire series. Now, then...

- Dany is f'd up and I don't know if the writers realize they're making her seem egomaniacal and now entirely maniacal. There's zero reason to root for her besides looks as far as I can tell. She keeps magically gaining these followers but we never actually see her earning any sort of loyalty besides with, you know, her nukes.
- Jamie was a brave (and stupid) MFer, he is the real deal.
-Bran owned Littlefinger and Arya did as well; he would be wise to tuck tail and run, but sadly it's more likely Sansa prevents his death for some reason.
-Maise has been a show stealer this season, her acting is superb and her character arc is finally paying off.
-Bron is still legit af.
-Tyron has to be tired of getting shitted on by Dany. I wouldn't be surprised (or blame him) if he bounces.

zeemumu

So, that was pretty most if not all of the Lannister army gone, right? They left like 10% at Casterly Rock and Jaime took the rest with him. And they were promptly BURNED THE FUCK ALIVE HARDER THAN I'VE SEEN ANYONE BURN ALIVE SINCE TERMINATOR 2. What now? They were gonna pay their debt with the Tyrell money, which is now presumably melted. They're broke. The Iron Bank isn't gonna support them now.

What the hell are they gonna do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom