• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodstyle

I knew Dany would have a comeback, but this episode still managed to piss me off.

Good to know that her flying nukes can be brought down. If Cersei has 100 of those ballistas built at King's Landing, I'd love to see those dragons try and attack it then!

aBarreras

GOT seems to follow the rule where armies in westerns are made up of mostly idiots who have no skill with fighting and they fight wars of attrition. Dothraki are warriors who live for this

no, armies on westeros fight on a more organized way, they do formations and follow orders, the drotahki just go rampant and destroy everything int heir path, westeros armies have never fight like these, they would need to learn and counter,

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Jaime looked around and saw so much death. I think he will realize Cersei caused so much of this. Seeing his men die.

Also Cersei will blame him for losing the gold I bet. Rift will begin next week between them if Jaime lives.

Vectorman

Banned
That episode was some fun shit. Bronn should have taken an L but hot damn, that dude is still kicking. So you guys thinking Tyrion might still do a swerve on us the way he was looking during that fight?

If any of you fucks talk about next week's episode teaser I will napalm your asses.

Holy shitballs, the last 20 minutes.

So is Lannister army decimated? I heard elder Tarly say the gold made it through KL's gate. Was that true?

Hoping Jame and Bronn are saved and captured.

GOT seems to follow the rule where armies in westerns are made up of mostly idiots who have no skill with fighting and they fight wars of attrition. Dothraki are warriors who live for this

well if you look at the skill that are shown in big battles the westerosi soldiers are are mostly depicted as really gritty, realistic with simple moves only. the dothraki and the unsullied however move like kung fu masters.

RPGCrazied

Awesome scene with the dragons at the end.

Anyone having troubles with HBO GO lately? First 2 episodes were fine. The 3 and 4 one always gives me problems after 30 minutes of streaming the show, then it starts to buffer, drops resolution, plays, buffers. I exit program, then it plays fine until the end.

Pretty annoying.

aBarreras

Jaime looked around and saw so much death. I think he will realize Cersei caused so much of this. Seeing his men die.

Also Cersei will blame him for losing the gold I bet. Rift will begin next week between them if Jaime lives.

the gold was not lost it arrived at kings landing, but they lost the food

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man that was amazing, I am glad Jamie is fine.

btw I noticed Jamie and Tyrion both were looking at those two horses fleeing. Was there any importance to that scene?

Volimar

Holy shit what an episode. Great fight direction. Beautiful scenery.

When they told Arya to sit at the table I was like "NO, don't leave, stay there! Keep the camera on her! DAMN!"

Arya hanging with Brienne was nice. Sansa realizing she ain't shit. It's gonna push her more towards Littlefinger.

It's too bad they burned all the food though.

wiibomb

To be fair Drogon is the biggest of the 3, not saying the other 2 don't make a difference, but drogon has been on another league since beginning.

Goddamn that battle was fucking awesome.

That squealing sound Drogon made :'(

Yeah.

Dammit Bronn!
Also Bronn has some impressive plot armor to avoid burning with the weapon after Drogon hovered there.

Gonna be bullshit if that shoulder shot kills her dragon. If anything it should only rule it out until the season finale or something while it recovers.

Yeah. And even that weapon looked tiny compared to the dragon.

Alright, that was probably the most conflicting battle. Love Dany, love Bronn, love Jaime, love Drogon...I need them to team up to fight the WW's, not kill each other.

Heh yeah.

megalowho

I love how much the payoff in this episode was earned, over grueling trials that you can read on the characters faces. So much catharsis due to the buildup over the years.

Deku Tree

You better believe it.
Slow-Motion-App-iPhone-The-Matrix-Bullet-Time-Gif-Keanu-Reeves-Bullet-Time-Slow-Motion-iPhone-App-Smartphone-314965.gif

don’t think Jamie can swim with full armor on and one hand.

HoJu

That was some cool shit, but Bronn saving Jamie at just the right time and Bronn jumping like a foot from the giant crossbow thing and not dying is pretty cheap plot armour shit.

Like Bronn said, they were going to get swamped.

Don't care how organised your army is, that is way too many riders coming head on.

Not to mention a dragon breaching paths for riders to pass through with fire.

It is simple, Jaime's army wasn't prepared. There is no way any armchair military strategist can tell me how they could've done well during that battle with so little preparation.

If any of you fucks talk about next week's episode teaser I will napalm your asses.

Holy shitballs, the last 20 minutes.

So is Lannister army decimated? I heard elder Tarly say the gold made it through KL's gate. Was that true?

Hoping Jame and Bronn are saved and captured.
Yeah, the gold went first.

Can't eat gold though.

Galang

Banned
Easily one of my favourite episodes ever and I think that was easily my favourite large scale battle the show has gotten so far. Overall an 11/10 episode. Between the reunion... Arya's smug fight... and the big battle! Omg so smitten right now. I think Jamie and Bronn shouldn't have escaped the end though (if that was the case)

Plum

Fucking hell that was great. The hype was goddamn real for that final battle but the rest was still fucking amazing. Really glad that the only scene spoiled to me was the Arya/Brienne practice and that was only minor (albeit good)

Yep, if Jaime survives I'm almost certain he's going to kill Cersei. He's seen enough shit to put up with her shit any longer.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm really interested in knowing how Jaime makes it out alive 'cus there's no way he dies drowning when they could've killed him with a blast of dragonfire straight to the face. I just don't see how he makes it out alive, I guess he can ditch the armor real quick, but I don't think he could do that that quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom